☯ Balance Issues regarding spell mechanics ☯

wreckognize

Grandmaster
1) Dispel Feild. Is it possible to alter the mechanics to have a 50% chance of failing to dispel a gate, specifically? I feel this is necessary because the mechanics favor the dispeller since it uses less than half the mana, and has much lower cast time.

2) Dispel/Mass dispel do not flag the caster as an aggressor to anyone who's summon is effected. Is it possible to change this so it does?

hqdefault.jpg

thanks for reading/replying/likes

halygon

Grandmaster
My god! Must we lose everything even related to griefing? Lets just call these the Trammel laws along with the changes to MR, disco, and the non-splash damage exp pots. Might as well throw herding in there because its gonna go next.

Where has my UO gone....

Bunnky

Grandmaster
I've seen people dispel blue-innocent demons in town and get guard whacked for it.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
How exactly does turning someone gray equal trammel? Exactly the opposite... Cmon man it's like you're not even trying to think things through anymore.

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388

halygon

Grandmaster
How exactly does turning someone gray equal trammel? Exactly the opposite... Cmon man it's like you're not even trying to think things through anymore.

OH its trammel because you want someone to turn grey for the act so you can take action upon them. THAT is the definition of trammel.

Bigwyrm

Adept
Everything in UO currently has very good reasons for the way they are ..for instance when you cast a enery feild that blocks any and all things from going into a certin area that is a huge advantage in the feild sooooo..as to balance this UO put in dispel feild at a lower spell feild and mana pool / cast time to combate such a powerful circle spell..so now that we all have had our daily lesson on UO balance you can go back to your regularly scheduled programs....and to come in here and think your logic makes any sence on why change the way dispel feild or mass dispel is laughable

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
OH its trammel because you want someone to turn grey for the act so you can take action upon them. THAT is the definition of trammel.
OH your opinion is the only right one. My mistake. You're right, dispelling someone's EV etc isn't aggressive at all, my mistake.

halygon

Grandmaster
OH your opinion is the only right one. My mistake. You're right, dispelling someone's EV etc isn't aggressive at all, my mistake.

Nope, it isn't aggressive at all. It is griefing and griefing should be fully allowed in my OPINION. I know those used to trammel disagree with me, but that's ok.

I wish my opinion was always seen as the right one. Then we could still discord anything and use spell tactics to remove magic reflection without flagging.

Last edited by a moderator:

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Removing someone's protection from being killed by a mob isn't aggressive? Sorry man you're myopic.

halygon

Grandmaster
Removing someone's protection from being killed by a mob isn't aggressive? Sorry man you're myopic.

Nah its just griefing and its pure Ultima Online. It's this type of thing that you cannot do in any other MMORPG today and makes UO unique. Don't make this shard like the billion other MMORPGs out there.

Opentun

Adept
I miss the old days of UO, walking into a gate at town and it gets instantly dispelled behind me and im ganked. I have yet to have this happen to me in the game yet but it puts some excitement into the game. If you could walk around anywhere not scared of anything then it will just turn into trammel.
I agree with halygon. Greifing needs to be in the game. Everyone needs some keyboard slamming ragequitting moments in order to learn their lesson.
Remember the first rule of UO: Trust no one.

Don Key

Master
How is turning grey dispelling EVs trammel? Trammel would be asking for the spell to be ineffective.

You can still grief them even if you turn grey after dispelling the EV... oh wait, you aren't that good and don't want to be flagged.. THAT's trammel.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Nope, it isn't aggressive at all. It is griefing and griefing should be fully allowed in my OPINION. I know those used to trammel disagree with me, but that's ok.

I wish my opinion was always seen as the right one. Then we could still discord anything and use spell tactics to remove magic reflection without flagging.

How about dispelling flagging similar to thieving, only gray to the person who's summon you dispelled?