➸ Add a timer to how long someone can hold a flag in the CTF

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I seen @severus Suggest this during a CTF event and I must say I totally agree. I don't want to see the timer be too short though maybe 5 mins.

Basically from the second you grab an opponents flag there is a timer before it automatically returns home if you are unable to score with it.

I think this would make the game more diverse in functionality.

Thoughts?

severus

Grandmaster
Basically the idea of a timer would be, either you RESET it [kill self, and get a team mate to grab it - which in turn resets the timer, or you fail to kill self and it insta kills and flag returns to original base]
i fear though 5 mins would still be to long, if you have a short time limit it forces team work to retrieve your flag/keep the enemies flag..

had this on another server and it was forcing teams to RUSH bases, and not just stand in theirs!

Also a good idea would be to 'allow someone who has a flag to hide' This inturn will enable your team to leave you and go get your flag back,
but at the same time send BC's too all participants to let everyone know who and what team has x flag

also suggested to adam a scoreboard or 'command' to see the score

downfall i see to ctf is not having to dbc a flag to grab it, much to carebear to just run over it ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckognize

Grandmaster
yes that is annoying how it doesn't link to the tag in alerts rofl
maybe when they remove thread subscribing they will fix that too :D