100 Magery/EI/Meditation. What now?

Hi everyone!

im fairly new to UOF and its also my first time playing UO in general. so im a complete newbie to almost anything in this game :D

i somehow managed to get my mage to have:

- 100 Magery
- 100 Eval. Int.
- 100 Meditation
- 75,3 Resist Spells

with this the farming of some dungeons got a bit easier but so far every stronger monster can kinda insta-dispell my Energy Vortex.

also im not sure on what to GM now (aside from maybe Resist spells but for that i would first need to get some money).

and PKs are obviously a bit annoying still since i dont have much money yet but rebuying all reags costs a tiny fortune for me every time.

i would be happy if someone could give me a tiny hint on what would be a good thing to do now (skills? equipment?)
and also im looking for some nice people to play with and maybe join a guild :)

greetings Swartalfar

Bromista

Grandmaster
Start with wrestling to help keep from getting hit by melee attacks and continue working resist by casting mana vampire on yourself when you have the surplus regs.

Feom there the options are wide open. Music/provo would be your best bet if hunting in dungeons is what you are after, especially tackling the bigger game that like to dispel.

But for that matter you could skip wrestle and work taming/lore/vet to have a mage tamer to rake in the big bucks. It's not an easy path I would recommend taking the bard route first before venturing into taming country.

Hiding is a good skill to have to aid in saving your butt when you get atracked.

Healing/anatomy is also a valuable tool to save your hide. Heal mages are PvP builds generally as they are not particularly good for farming.

You could also pick up a weapon skill and tactics to make a tank mage.

wow awesome! thanks for the really fast answer! mage/tamer sure sounds really temping! does that work well? i think you can max like 7 skills to GM and i saw alot of videos with tamer/music. so does work tamer good with magic instead of music?

also im curious about equipment. i read there is stuff that reduces your mana and reag. cost and gives you more cast speed. but i guess its expensive and hard to get?

sorry for all the questions but yeah totally first time and i need to learn alot :p

Bromista

Grandmaster
I have both a mage tamer and a tamer bard. I started with he provo tamer as it is the absolute best build for farming. Without wrestle or resist you are a sitting duck if you get attacked and have to rely pretty much solely on your pets for defense...but nothing beats a provo tamer for PvM. Just sit back and watch the game shit gold and valuables in yourpack.

As for lrc/lmc and faster cast/recovery...those are AoS things and are not found here on UOF as this is a Renaissance era server with only a few modern conveniences.

Ok all in all it sounds smart to make a complete tamer/bard instead of a mage/tamer in the long run for PvM.

i dont really do PvP but i could leave that to my Mage. Guess i will make a Tamer/Bard than to earn some money.

so i would get: taming, vet, lore, musicianship, provocation and peacemaking?

And good. No lmc/lrc, faster cast/recovery means less to worry about :D

Bromista

Grandmaster
I recommend skipping the provo until taming is done and using peace to make taming aggressive spawn quicker and easier. When your taming is GM drop peace (peace is broken here, high fail rate and short duration) for provo. Then magery/med to round out your 7 skills.

Once you start eating powerscrolls for taming/lore/provo dip into your med for the extra skill pts. My tamer is 120 taming, lore, and provo so that means after my 720 skill cap I had to eat 40 points away from magery/med so I went with 90 Magery and 70 Med.

Ok sounds good! I will try that. Does taming still work well without "peaced" monsters after reaching Taming? Especially dragons?

also magery 90 without eval int? How exactly is it used? Flamestrike will still fail alot so only for portals and such?

sorry for all the questions again^^ i appreciate all your help :)

Geriatric

Expert
if your a tamer bard, you won't be casting any offensive / damaging spells so the eval int isn't really required in that circumstance

casting gate travel while yes it can fail alot you still have the option of using gate travel scrolls
alternatively there is a function as a tamer where by if you keep your pet well fed for an entire week it will (bond) with you and you only need to recall for your pet to follow you

the taming issue with peace is that a dragon will try and eat you so peace making is usefull in that circumstance just to that he tries and scratch him self or pull bits of the last tamer that didn't have peace making out of between his teeth

ahhhh ok XD i see for a while i will need gate travel. but oh well guess that still takes ages. i started with 50 taming and yesterday i finally reached 70 after being stuck at 69.4 for a felt eternity. but it still is so slow ._.

with what taming can i get my first REAL fighting pet? because the white wolfs and polar bears i tame right now arent that much of a fighter.
so i would be curious what taming gets me a decent first pet with wich i can actually fight some monsters. and where to get it of course :D (btw is there somewhere a really good map from our version of the game with all kind of places marked?)

thanks again :D

Hephastus

Journeyman
At around 75 taming you can tame and bond young dragons. Get two of them and start farming, which will raise their skills too. At around 80 magery, they start casting FS, which will help a lot.

D: 75!!!!! omg i cant await it! thats just 3287472 more animals to tame XD na srly thanks alot! thats a ray of light in the not so far future! but can you also tell me where to find them and how to get there? like i stated befor im still a complete newbie >-<

More frustrating than leveling taming right now? While my animal lore went like 5% or more my taming went barely up by 0,5%. So just 4,5% to go till 75.

Well maybe i get a guild till than with a tamer who can help me :3 thanks anyway for the advice! :D