20 years... and still addicted

Lexington

Grandmaster
I can't believe it will be 20 yeas this September since some of us started this game. It's even harder to believe that I’m still counting down the hours until I can get home to get my UO fix. There have been many heated discussions over the years as to the amount of time I've have spent on my “UO Life”. Thankfully, lately it’s finally been accepted… and if not *#@^! ‘em.

Are there any UOF plans to celebrate the upcoming 20 year anniversary of UO?

oneSLOWex

Adept
I played from the beta a little into the trammy days then off and on until I found UOF. I play on a daily basis, maybe not for long hours but still here every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkarna

Grandmaster
not to mention that he is excited to finally be something in these end times of UO

Sooner the better.. No matter how much I love Ultima Online, the crack-like effect it has on the brain is nothing short of disturbing. I ain't played a single game in the last month and the only one which always tries to crawl back into relevance is this game.

Macunzo

Adept
UO makes me feel 20 years younger. Not young again, but younger...

Addiction. I think UO didn't do it to us on purpose. The postmortems and what Raph. K. tried to do later seem to show that. They were the first (mostly), the coolest, and I give them the benefit of the doubt. Nowadays, I don't let the likes of Black Desert etc addict me anymore.

One is enough, especially if it's forever :D

Ranker

Master
Still love this game. Best MMO ever if you ask me. I was once a pk back on pac/cats but now that I am here I am more of the PvM crafter type. Do I hate losing to pks, hell yes. But I love the thrill of it all. Knowing I can be killed and fully looted is just a rush.

Anyhow to 20 more years!

hubcap

Grandmaster
Way back in the 80s.....
On something called a Commodore64.........

I played Ultima I

Ive been hooked ever since. With the exception of that 3D Abyss garbage, Ive loved the ride. Each title all the way up to ascencion had its own charm and flair.

I remember seeing UO on the shelf and getting giddy about the ride home to install it.
It was right before T2A was implemented, and Ive played ever since, with some down time, for sure, over the years.
(Might even give the paid UO version a run just to see the differences, if any)

Anyway.....someone needs to get a hold of "Richard Garriott" and force that dude to make a toon or two here.

halygon

Grandmaster
Been a long run for sure.. I think we all look back and remember those days when UO was young...

Things have changed a bit since then me thinks:

1998:
zknkSTN.jpg

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Way back in the 80s.....
On something called a Commodore64.........

I played Ultima I

Ive been hooked ever since. With the exception of that 3D Abyss garbage, Ive loved the ride. Each title all the way up to ascencion had its own charm and flair.

I remember seeing UO on the shelf and getting giddy about the ride home to install it.
It was right before T2A was implemented, and Ive played ever since, with some down time, for sure, over the years.
(Might even give the paid UO version a run just to see the differences, if any)

Anyway.....someone needs to get a hold of "Richard Garriott" and force that dude to make a toon or two here.
:) It's not bad for a game based off of the U6 engine. You and I both know we've been hooked.

Ranker

Master
Been a long run for sure.. I think we all look back and remember those days when UO was young...

Things have changed a bit since then me thinks:

1998:
zknkSTN.jpg

I miss those days, Dial up, ICQ, EZ Macros, When 30k was a lot of gold. Guild meetings, Groups of pks fighting groups of blue in dungeons. Best days of UO :)

LootAKryss

Neophyte
Being a part of the UO journey was like being a part of 2 separate worlds..Earth + Britannia... Just the nostalgia thinking about my first time playing as a noob 15 years ago; the journeys i embarked on, the quests that I conquered, the friends that I've made. I look back on all those memories in the old world and it makes me shed a tear :'( . It's too bad I no longer play :( Now I am merely a part of just one world now. [e cry, [e scream, [e cry, [e punch, [e faint. But for as long as I live I will always know, at one time in a different world far away from my own, I was once the king, truly the best in all of the land, and that will forever be with me.

Macunzo

Adept
It'll be interesting what our devs will do with the "back to the roots" update that Shane hinted at.

Lots of stuff from the early times would drive people crazy nowadays. Passively training other people's spirit speak just be standing next to them, lol. Provoking in towns. Stats oscillating all over. House security. Amazing what we had to live with in those days...