A small request from our order!

Rowan Fenwick

Neophyte
As you may or may not know, The Sosarian Order of Knights abhors magic in all forms. We don't tolerate it and certainly don't use it. This includes recall and man made gates. This creates an extremely challenging game experience, which we frankly love.

Our Order was considering utilizing Serpents Hold for RP purposes (seriously how amazing of a Knights stronghold is it?) , what we suggest is adding a ferry like teleporter similar to Skara ferry at a town's docks. Maybe Cove? or Jhelom? Somewhere we can get to and then get over to Serp Hold. That would be an awesome little RP boat trip.

However if it would be easier to just add a public moongate location in Serpent's Hold that would absolutely work too.

Just think Serpents hold is so under utilized for how cool it is. Thanks!

The Gandin

Grandmaster
If you are trying to RP not using magic at all then why aren't you just sailing to Serpent's Hold from the actual mainland?

Rowan Fenwick

Neophyte
If you are trying to RP not using magic at all then why aren't you just sailing to Serpent's Hold from the actual mainland?

Imagine hunting and filling up on gold, in order to go bank it in our "home" wed have to take a boat back and forth multiple times a day. We love RPing but we dont want to turn the game monotonous.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Or you can store it on a ship nearby or in a house nearby that day's adventures, then sail it to the Hold. Can bank right from the ship, there.

You could always set up a ferry/stagecoach service of your own.
As our guild has the same predicament, we don't even use mounts.

What we've done in the past is set up stagecoaches.
Which is a house with a wagon and horses basicly and a automated character running a macro.

You say where you want to go and the macro reads the words and open a gate to that place.
We've used communication crystals around the plot to get the character to react to keywords.
Seeing as there aren't any communication crystals on this shard you could have it react to guild chat instead.

And agreed Serpent's Hold is a wonderful place that's way to underused.

Rowan Fenwick

Neophyte
Or you can store it on a ship nearby or in a house nearby that day's adventures, then sail it to the Hold. Can bank right from the ship, there.

Hmm a known pirate is advising us to store our loot on a ship...then sail it across the world in unprotected waters. We knights were not born yesterday you swashbuckling sea dog.

Marty O'Doyle

Journeyman
Great suggestion, but correct me if I'm wrong on this, I haven't sailed in a while...I just placed a boat, and instead of a key appearing in my backpack, there's a rune to the ship. There is no plank that opens up or anything, and no way for me to get on the boat unless I use magery. Is it just my boat, or is that just my boat that does that? Maybe it's an older boat so it does that?

If this is indeed the case, then sailing is out of the question for us :(

The Gandin

Grandmaster
Great suggestion, but correct me if I'm wrong on this, I haven't sailed in a while...I just placed a boat, and instead of a key appearing in my backpack, there's a rune to the ship. There is no plank that opens up or anything, and no way for me to get on the boat unless I use magery. Is it just my boat, or is that just my boat that does that? Maybe it's an older boat so it does that?

Yeah boats don't have keys anymore. You simply say Embark to board it and Disembark (when near land) to get off of it. Also always smart to put one of the runes in your bank so if you die on the boat you can res and recall back to it. Which, I know is not ideal since you don't use magery hehe but still it's smart to do.

Also, invest in some cannon balls to load up the cannons with. You say "fire left" or "fire right" depending on which cannons you want to use. That way you can deal with those pesky pirates, err, privateers if you want to!

StegcO

Grandmaster
You need to be very brave to be the Lord of Serpent's Hold, the fortress of Serpent's Hold stands as a building symbolizing the principle of Courage.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Um pretty sure he's stated before he's a privateer. *wink wink*
SRaHLHb.gif

As Gandin mentioned, there are new mechanics for seafaring here, including commands. Embark and Disembark will allow you to jump on and off your ship, assuming you have a post-patch ship. It sounds like you might have a pre-patch ship, which won't have guns on board and won't pull up a gump when you double-click the tillerman. The tillerman acts as a house sign now, giving you a variety of options for your ship.

There is a basic introduction to naval combat here that might clear up some things, too. It isn't 100% accurate now that we've done some additional tests, but for the layman it is perfect, and gives opportunities to learn new things that are less-than-obvious about the naval combat system.

Marty O'Doyle

Journeyman
Yeah boats don't have keys anymore. You simply say Embark to board it and Disembark (when near land) to get off of it. Also always smart to put one of the runes in your bank so if you die on the boat you can res and recall back to it. Which, I know is not ideal since you don't use magery hehe but still it's smart to do.

Also, invest in some cannon balls to load up the cannons with. You say "fire left" or "fire right" depending on which cannons you want to use. That way you can deal with those pesky pirates, err, privateers if you want to!

Thanks a bunch for explaining it, been a while! I think my boats are pre patch, I double click the tiller man and only get the option to drydock the boat. I'll have to try your commands and see what happens :D
Thanks!

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
sail it across the world in unprotected waters
The seas are well protected, currently at the paltry sum of 150,000 a month.

Thanks a bunch for explaining it, been a while! I think my boats are pre patch, I double click the tiller man and only get the option to drydock the boat. I'll have to try your commands and see what happens :D
Thanks!
Message Eppy on Discord. He should be able to switch them out for you. If they're found at sea, they will be deleted by GMs.