Account Limit Question

Alexieus

Neophyte
Hello guys,

I do not plan to actually use more than 2 of the allotted 3 accounts. I have 2 friends who live by me who will be playing here at forever.

My main question is will it flag me as having more than 3 accounts if they come over and play at my house. They will be playing mostly at their own houses with their own IPs. Occasionally, we would like to all play together at the same location.

Thanks in advance.

halv

Grandmaster
It's an old issue, there is only one solution, use VPN.
Even whole communities sharing one IP will only have 3 accounts max. Shane said there will be still the possibility to have up to 21 chars with char slot token.
One player from Austria told me she got a second internet connection for her son to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even whole communities sharing one IP will only have 3 accounts max. Shane said there will be still the possibility to have up to 12 chars with char slot token.
One player from Austria told me she got a second internet connection for her son to play.

So what is happening as I'm bouncing around different hotel rooms traveling for work and logging into my normal at home account? Am I harshing some other UOF travelers vibe?

Alexieus

Neophyte
Even whole communities sharing one IP will only have 3 accounts max. Shane said there will be still the possibility to have up to 12 chars with char slot token.
Well, second ISP account seems too excessive for what I would like to do. I personally won't come close to the 9 character mark. We'll just have to use a VPN on the few occasions we meet like you suggested. Thanks for your response.

halv

Grandmaster
So what is happening as I'm bouncing around different hotel rooms traveling for work and logging into my normal at home account? Am I harshing some other UOF travelers vibe?

It's an old issue. Check out this threads for answers of @Shane and his staff:
http://www.uoforum.com/threads/lan-question.72521/
http://www.uoforum.com/threads/find-and-block-vpn-ips.62256/
www.uoforum.com/threads/question-shane.79162/
www.uoforum.com/threads/why-only-three.42953
www.uoforum.com/threads/seeking-permission-for-multiple-accounts-per-household.34732

They changed it 2.5 years ago from 2 accounts to 3:
www.uoforum.com/threads/everyone-is-now-allowed-3-three-accounts-per-ip.40299