Action Camera and champs

berticus

Grandmaster
Good evening, boys and girls! Hope everyone's doing well and having fun stomping pixels <3

I'd like to throw out a suggest... stop posting certain things on the action/death/whatever cam. It's a novel idea, and it's fun to watch. However it's pretty lame to head out with a group of people completely capable of crushing Neira only to see every breathing keyboard operator rally to the same cause ten minutes after we get going.

I understand we want to promote action, give people things to do and go investigate, and give the server a lively appearance. Surely there's some way to reach that goal without broadcasting the ongoings of every meaningful group event.

Maybe we could restrict the camera from honing in on champ spawns, perhaps even idocs. It would protect the sanctity of group play and force other members of the shard to investigate its ongoings rather than simply sitting back and watching the camera while casually chatting at the bank or on IRC. Not only that, but you're essentially breaking the back of would-be champ raiding reds, as they're probably ill-equipped to take on every swinging dick on the block.

Obviously it's just my two cents. Having 50 people be notified to head to deceit via a broadcast is a bit strong.

Oh, and perhaps turn off the broadcasting of stealth players. I've only discussed that with someone, haven't seen it in action. Seems unfun for stealthers though.

Just some suggestions

Thanks for your time guys, have a good one!!
<3

Bromista

Grandmaster
I thought this had been addressed?

I was under the impression that they were possibly creating "blackout zones" and not only that but putting the death cam on a serious delay. That being said a champ can take hours to complete so even then you can get overrun by a bunch of newbies with dexers getting straight 100% damage. Thus pulling scrolls by doing very little work to get them.

The whole system is kind of whack right now.

berticus

Grandmaster
We had a full group of 10, followed by 2 more, comprised of 3 tamers, 2 of which were provos for sure. i've done deceit with 1 less tamer and 4 less total people.

I don't hate other people getting in on the action so much, but big red flashing lights and blinking arrows pointing everyone without an indulgence our direction seems broken.

Thanks for the information, Bromista. I hadn't heard anything about the cam. It's fun to watch inbetween doing things... I'll give it that. It definitely could use some re-evaluating from my perspective.

Kudos for trying new things. Whatever helps UOF stay on the cutting edge seems like a good strategy. I felt bad for the couple guys who managed to go grey and the one red who must've seen only one or two people and thought it'd be a good idea to come booty huntin... they left a couple limbs short of a squid-billy.

Agreed.

Last night 4 of us did despise then right at the end we had a couple deaths, few minutes later about 6 people rocked up out of nowhere to kill Barracoon.

If the death-cams purpose is purely to show deaths, then there is no reason it cant be delayed an hour. It is also taking the randomness out of dungeon encounters, a red now can see how many people are out and where to avoid. You used to have to scout dungeons to see whats going on.

I also used to put effort into finding Spawns, i would do a full spawn spot scout every hour which at times would lead to PvP. Now i just park my character at home til i see it on the cam.

Create a longer delay, or introduce black spots.

besttherewas

Grandmaster
Champs are pretty much trammel, they should address that also. I.e no statloss at champs to promote more murderers to attempt 3v10-15s etc without getting ass fucked for 48 hours by whiny trammels.

N49ATV

Adept
I watched it for the first time yesterday. One thing I didn't like was I watched a couple stealther chars enter destard. Any reason it shows hidden/stealth chars?

Bryce

Adept
Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the death-cam.
It and its abilities both the pros and cons of such, as well as optimization for our end goal are something we, as a team are monitoring/discussing on the daily.

I assure you, even if not quoted, all suggestions/comments/constructive feedback is noted and discussed at length within. It's not being ignored. :)

N49ATV

Adept
I still think it's far more positive than negative.

Though I got a kick outta seeing nothing on the screen when server was down, it kept "streaming"

berticus

Grandmaster
It's definitely a fine idea. With some revisions it's going to be something that separates UOF from any other community, to my knowledge anyway. quite ingenuitive. just give 'er a lil tweakin, make that bish twerk!

haha have good one kiddos
<3 *<:-o)

N49ATV

Adept
I do like the delay idea. If we went with a delay, I'd be ok with stealthing being shown.

Don't show champs, as they take longer than delay.

I watch someone get PKed in their house yesterday. Was a riot to watch them fall.

If we had a known delay, and PvP deaths were given a priority over mob deaths, we could up our forum PvP. Kill someone, make a thread, everyone tunes in, 15 minutes later to watch the kill.

Rippen

Adept
Great feedback. I would agree that champ spawns and such should not be displayed to allow organized group play to go on more so. For the players that enjoy a bit more PvM than PvP it gives them an opportunity to do what they want to do. By no means do I disagree with PvP and the concept of being raided at a champ spawn, I just agree that 19 neon signs and bright arrows pointing means that you will be raided 110% of the time and it eliminates the essence of trying to do something with the group you enjoy playing with at least some of the time without interruption.