Another FIX TRACKING thread...

iSlayr

Novice
no this is the solution.

give up the unlimited steps and 0 delay. then nerf tracking.

or leave it as is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd give up unlimited steps if the nerf on tracking is substantial...say you would need at least 50 tracking to find someone GM hiding/stealth, and only then if they are on screen.

I think, for a stealther, the 0 delay is all but necessary. A quick Wis Quas or detect hidden negates the hide, and with a 10 second cool down it would pretty much make stealth useless. Of course, that's what a lot of people want...to make stealth useless.

thechemicals

Apprentice
Lets call this thread for what it really is: Its an attempt to give benefit to a hider/stealther after he has robbed or killed someone and wants to be able to get away without being pursued. "got your supremely acc slayer weapon stolen by a thief"? Too bad. If you dont have 50 or more tracking, you cant even pursue the criminal much less fight him for your gear back. AND.... No there such thing as a blue player being unable to do anything about being tracked because unlike reds and thieves, the blue can recall out after hiding/stealthing (Recall 1.25 cast time and reveal is 1.75). So lets just shut our faces about the whole nerfing tracking and players having to have 30 or 40 or 50 skill to be given the chance to simply follow you.

Tracking isnt a useful enough skill for all players to have at least 50 tracking invested in it. So noone will put 50 tracking or more in it, and what youll have is an annoying overpowered stealther playing, back and forth on you, while you just stand there and take it like a ***** without any recourse. +you now have a gimped template because you invested 30+ points into a skill that doesnt actually reveal your target.

This issue isnt about the uselessness of hiding and/with stealth, because hiding is a staple in many templates, and stealthing is not countered by tracking, but by a 20mana cost spell+reagants+almost 2 seconds to cast the frikkin spell. So you hide and it takes at least 1- 5 seconds for most to even get the spell out+ another 2 seconds of casting time, only to reveal you, "who are already mounted and darting away with something like 3-7 seconds before you can hide again.

Finch

Apprentice
Lets call this thread for what it really is: Its an attempt to give benefit to a hider/stealther after he has robbed or killed someone and wants to be able to get away without being pursued. "got your supremely acc slayer weapon stolen by a thief"? Too bad. If you dont have 50 or more tracking, you cant even pursue the criminal much less fight him for your gear back. AND.... No there such thing as a blue player being unable to do anything about being tracked because unlike reds and thieves, the blue can recall out after hiding/stealthing (Recall 1.25 cast time and reveal is 1.75). So lets just shut our faces about the whole nerfing tracking and players having to have 30 or 40 or 50 skill to be given the chance to simply follow you.

Tracking isnt a useful enough skill for all players to have at least 50 tracking invested in it. So noone will put 50 tracking or more in it, and what youll have is an annoying overpowered stealther playing, back and forth on you, while you just stand there and take it like a ***** without any recourse. +you now have a gimped template because you invested 30+ points into a skill that doesnt actually reveal your target.

This issue isnt about the uselessness of hiding and/with stealth, because hiding is a staple in many templates, and stealthing is not countered by tracking, but by a 20mana cost spell+reagants+almost 2 seconds to cast the frikkin spell. So you hide and it takes at least 1- 5 seconds for most to even get the spell out+ another 2 seconds of casting time, only to reveal you, "who are already mounted and darting away with something like 3-7 seconds before you can hide again.

Your first point is false. there are multiple means of preventing/countering stealth other than tracking. For example, if a thief steals from you, just don't let him out of your site so he can't hide.

Your second point is also false. Tracking is very useful in preventing people from running from you. Track them while they're visible to you, and when they try to blip off your screen, you can follow them much... much more effectively.

Your third point is just riddled with false numbers and complete inaccuracies.

I have a feeling i'm the only person in this thread who has used both hide/stealth and tracking templates effectively.

Everyone also seems to be ignoring the blinding truth that tracking typically does not work like this on other shards, and nobody seems to complain....

The current model is broken, fix it.

require 20-30 tracking to track someone hidden on your screen, and put a delay between hiding/stealth....

Last edited by a moderator:

iSlayr

Novice
btw. just tri
Your first point is false. there are multiple means of preventing/countering stealth other than tracking. For example, if a thief steals from you, just don't let him out of your site so he can't hide.

Your second point is also false. Tracking is very useful in preventing people from running from you. Track them while they're visible to you, and when they try to blip off your screen, you can follow them much... much more effectively.

Your third point is just riddled with false numbers and complete inaccuracies.

I have a feeling i'm the only person in this thread who has used both hide/stealth and tracking templates effectively.

Everyone also seems to be ignoring the blinding truth that tracking typically does not work like this on other shards, and nobody seems to complain....

The current model is broken, fix it.

require 20-30 tracking to track someone hidden on your screen, and put a delay between hiding/stealth....
cause on there few other shards i played....
limited steps and 10 sec delay delay was the rule.
and maybe you're right about being the only one in thread that uses stealth effectively. with exception to the op. Asan.
to be honest i stopped caring about this issue sometime ago. and it think most other stealthers have to. thus the non responses.
either way ill just adapt. like most good stealthers, thiefs, hiders and most any other char playing against one of those has.
the lack of staff attention leads me to believe that things aren't changing soon. but i could be wrong.

Honestly, someone having to spend zero points... to neutralize someone else's 200 points.. is silly.

If anything, make it a 10% success rate.

shut up you stupid newb.

it is like probably 25% as it is, not exactly easy.

i know on UOF ppl hate dying, but it is part of the game.

Asan_Drakus

Grandmaster
Just for the record. I don't like this mechanic.... on principle alone ;-) I have GM hide/stealther.. and GM trackers. An ofc my main that tracks all the time for obv reasons. So I have viewed this mechanic from all available angles.

Some good suggestions here. And you DO have to be careful not to make hide/stealth OP (rel por) but you must find a middle ground so that tracking is not OP.. or UP if you actually have the skill....

Finch

Apprentice
btw. just tri
cause on there few other shards i played....
limited steps and 10 sec delay delay was the rule.
and maybe you're right about being the only one in thread that uses stealth effectively. with exception to the op. Asan.
to be honest i stopped caring about this issue sometime ago. and it think most other stealthers have to. thus the non responses.
either way ill just adapt. like most good stealthers, thiefs, hiders and most any other char playing against one of those has.
the lack of staff attention leads me to believe that things aren't changing soon. but i could be wrong.

I know. I presented my points poorly. I'm not saying tracking isn't broken, it is. I'm also not saying stealth isn't broken, it is. The first half of my response was simply to point out that people are saying a lot of things in this thread that don't make any sense.

I've used both skills very effectively, and know them well, and can understand how both of these things on their own are overpowered.

Stealth without a delay is very overpowered, but being able to track people with 0 tracking basically completely negates that. So you have 1 overpowered skill completely negating another over powered skill. It's just... weird... and wonky.

Reconfigure tracking so that you can not track hidden players on your screen with less than 21 tracking. 0 tracking will actually still be very useful, because it will help you stick on people who try to run from you... You will be amazed how hard is if for people to escape you if you have them tracked.

However, hide/stealth without limitations would basically guarantees even a novice an escape after a misdeed (thieving/looting/etc). Although stealth is used by pickers, etc... It's also a very powerful tool for grief tactics and thieving, which has to be regulated, otherwise it becomes more of a nuisance than a thrill.. This is done through timers.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Leave things the way they are... Tracking is not 100% at 20 skill and stealth has the misfortune of only being viable when not on a mount, changing tracking would mean changing stealth and fucking everything up to compensate for a select amount of players. If this thread has started because of a stealth pk getting tracked and killed/statted, then please go decapitate yourself using a spoon.

Finch

Apprentice
Leave things the way they are... Tracking is not 100% at 20 skill and stealth has the misfortune of only being viable when not on a mount, changing tracking would mean changing stealth and fucking everything up to compensate for a select amount of players. If this thread has started because of a stealth pk getting tracked and killed/statted, then please go decapitate yourself using a spoon.

being unmounted doesn't really balance anything, it just makes you incredibly successful slower.

Hunter

Novice
And another suggestion is to make it non-permanent. For example if the person hides again, you need to use tracking again.
Cheers