|Any chance?

Lexington

Grandmaster
I think you maybe misguided some. The point of killing a pet is to eliminate a possible threat. Just like my chosen skill people exploit my weeknesses all the time to... run off if I am moving I can't do any thing. Mages get in their faces they can't med they interrupt their spells etc. By eliminating the tamers tools they eliminate the threat.

And to be honest my opinion is tamers are out of control as it is I don't agree but sympathize with people that want to kill the pets.

I know some people really want to play the pet class bit there are far more that want to maximize damage and don't care what they have to play to do it, hence we have an over abundance of tamers. So it's not an attack on tamers per say just a disgust for people minimizing maximizing to have an advantage over others.

??

You are free to attack and kill pets all you want, for whatever reason, it's part of the game mechanics. Perma pet statloss is not part of the game mechanics... it's an unnecessary added feature. To give a BLUE pet a harsher penalty then you give a RED murder is ridicules any way you want to spin it!

OPTION 2 :)

Streets

Grandmaster
There has to be a drawback a tamer can run arround naked and loose noting ever without exp loss... I will see eye to eye with you when dexer don't loose armor /weapons mages don't lose regs etc. In other words never if you think the penelties for playing a tamer is to high there are other classes play one. Right now tamers are at the top of the food chain and need some negatives

Streets

Grandmaster
I am sure if the penelties for being a tamer are as bad as you are suggesting then we would see only a few of them on the server, but that is not the case now is it?

Lexington

Grandmaster
There has to be a drawback a tamer can run arround naked and loose noting ever without exp loss... I will see eye to eye with you when dexer don't loose armor /weapons mages don't lose regs etc. In other words never if you think the penelties for playing a tamer is to high there are other classes play one. Right now tamers are at the top of the food chain and need some negatives

I haven't played either of my tamers in months, and don't intend to anytime soon... even with the new rideable metas. To me it sounds like you don't have a tamer, or a clue that the only thing that has any real value is time, not regs, armor or gold!

FYI, as for the top of the food chain... my meta mage has the potential to make more gold and than my tamer ever did.

Streets

Grandmaster
I haven't played either of my tamers in months, and don't intend to anytime soon... even with the new rideable metas. To me it sounds like you don't have a tamer, or a clue that the only thing that has any real value is time, not regs, armor or gold!

FYI, as for the top of the food chain... my meta mage has the potential to make more gold and than my tamer ever did.
Must be a terabad tamer then

Streets

Grandmaster
So your complaint is with your personal entertainment not the game mechanics? That's simple to fix don't play the tamer

Lexington

Grandmaster
So your complaint is with your personal entertainment not the game mechanics? That's simple to fix don't play the tamer

No, that's not my complaint... I've been very clear with what is!

Just because I don't play a tamer anymore doesn't mean I'm still not pissed about a rule set that is wrong.

It's obviously you don't have or play a tamer so why are you even talking about it... are you one of the ones that is out killing pets for kicks?

Streets

Grandmaster
No busted I'm just tiered of arguing giving more to the most easy mode class in thus game

"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"

How is this hard? No I'm sorry but you have easy mode with 1 drawback you need to suck it up some

Cinder

Master
No busted I'm just tiered of arguing giving more to the most easy mode class in thus game

"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"

How is this hard? No I'm sorry but you have easy mode with 1 drawback you need to suck it up some
Seriously ?? Lol.. hate to tell you honey but there's a lot more to it than just all guard!! :)

Lexington

Grandmaster

"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"
"All guard me"

The all guard me mechanics have been changed for PVP.......... and it's easy to kill a tamer most are bards wit 0 resist and 0 wrestling.

It sounds like you're jealous of a template you're obviously to lazy to build. Make a tamer, level a pet and then you'll have the right to comment on how easy it is! Until then... your points have no clout because you just don't know!

Lazenby

Adept
If the pet stat loss was put in so that people would be more careful with pets, it should be a simple to fix it so that when a blue pet is attacked by a blue, grey, or red...when it is not flagged, should be no loss. How would that not fix the problem, and at the same time not have any impact on the thing they were trying to fix? So if you are at a champ, and you treat your pet as expendable and throw it in to die 10 times...you get lots of stat loss. If you go out and fight and pvp, same thing. But if someone griefs you, that has nothing to do with, and again I am paraphrasing a direct quote from the staff, that has NOTHING to do with the tamer mistreating the pets. It seems that they did a huge nerf that screwed a lot of tamers just to fix a very small problem. Hopefully it can be remedied?

Bromista

Grandmaster
But yes, you are right they did open a pretty substantial can of worms when they upped pet stat loss because of the lack of risk for abusing your pets in a champ spawn.

One former staff member, Bryce, was the driving force behind the change. And while he had a fair point about people just tossing their pets out without care, he clearly lacked forethought when he made changes to pet stat loss and skill gain.