Auto Gold looting

Bunnky

Grandmaster
I witnessed it yesterday. Twice by the same guy. Don't remember his name, and I don't have any proof..

I know when I'm just slow, or when another player is just fast at looting. This player, however, was TOO fast. I barely even seen the gold before the mob even hit the ground.

I know there's scripts that can auto loot certain items from specific corpse types, and is nearly instant, just like I witnessed. Is there a possibility someone has a script that pulls gold from specific corpse id's in steam?

I don't care about the gold, don't care that I got robbed.. Even if it was something rare. I just wanted to put the word out that something might be going on with this. And if one person has it...

INB4 massive UOSteam scripting jokes.

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk

Bunnky

Grandmaster
i suppose it new loot system uosteam
Actually, if your speaking of the grid loot option steam has, it's not that.

I had that on, and the grab was so fast, it didn't even register on the grid. It was taken in less than a quarter of a second. Had I not been paying attention, I would have thought the mob dropped no gold.

halygon

Grandmaster
Actually, if your speaking of the grid loot option steam has, it's not that.

I had that on, and the grab was so fast, it didn't even register on the grid. It was taken in less than a quarter of a second. Had I not been paying attention, I would have thought the mob dropped no gold.

Nah, you cannot autoloot with UOSteam anymore. They made changes to corpse objects to prevent this.

What i would guess though is that they have auto-open corpses and just hold down shift while dragging the gold. Takes half a sec to loot gold that way.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
ezuo scripter obv.
Absolutely had to be. I mean sure, there's a small possibility it could have just been the fastest looter I've ever seen, but I run a great ping with no lag, and that gold was gone before I could even press the shift key.

I've ran the possibilities in my head over and over, even looked up possible reasons it was so fast, and I can only conclude it HAD to be a script-like action. Who knows, I just hope the devs look into it.

Well, when its just one item it would be really hard to tell what happened. Coz i know i can hyper loot some shit too. You should have been holding the shift key BEFORE the mob dropped over the top of where your corpses pop up, as im guessing you have auto open corpses. Then its as fast as a mouse click.

So i maybe spoke too soon. I have had experiences where i had like 25 stacks of regs (like 5-8 in each) in my main pack, about 20 pots and other misc shit.

I was drylooted in about 2 seconds by one person. So its def out there, but this person may just be a hyper looter also.

Especially with people changing all their graphix around these days, gold could be a gigantic coin or something to him, when its the small pile for you. This would lead to better chances your mouse is directly hovered over the gold when the mob falls.

Also UOSteam can be used for autolooting thru scripting very easily. But this would still be subject to delay times when moving items, which can be completely ruled out by easyuo scripting. I have seen scripts where you can drag a corpse to your backpack and everything is in it instantly. This should set off flags on a server, i dont know about any autoloot detection here tho.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunnky

Grandmaster
Yea its muscle memory to hold shift, which I was. Saying it was faster than me pushing the button was an example of speed compared.

I didn't think of the art modification possibility. I suppose that could have been a reason..

The only way I can replicate the speed is to turn on scavenger, add gold to it, then take gold from your pack and drop it next to you. Watch how fast it's looted, and that was the approximate speed.

Not here to claim CHEATS CHEATS, rather an exploit. People can run around all day with this I don't care, but if I see it, I'm going to report it.

If you see something like this you should honestly not post about it on the forums and just page a GM and provide them with a character name. Im sure they could do some ghosting of that character and watch how he loots his corpses.

This wouldnt be considered a bug, what you are reporting is cheating.

Bunnky

Grandmaster
I wanted to page a gm, but by the time I could get the guys name, it was gone from my journal. I didn't want to send a page with no info on the player, and no proof. It just seemed like a waste of time, but hey I'm sure I'll run into him again and I'll take your advice.

Last few times I reported a serious exploit, it wasn't addressed like I thought it would be. I know the devs are up to their knees in shit too.. I don't expect immediate action either, so I thought making a post would yield a different result, and possibly get the word out there better. If this was the wrong course of action, I apologize.

I wanted to page a gm, but by the time I could get the guys name, it was gone from my journal. I didn't want to send a page with no info on the player, and no proof. It just seemed like a waste of time, but hey I'm sure I'll run into him again and I'll take your advice.

Last few times I reported a serious exploit, it wasn't addressed like I thought it would be. I know the devs are up to their knees in shit too.. I don't expect immediate action either, so I thought making a post would yield a different result, and possibly get the word out there better. If this was the wrong course of action, I apologize.

Well its not a bad idea. But what you would really want is them to continue using this system. If they start seeing threads about it you can bet they will lay low for a while. If the GMs catch them in the act they will be banned and thats one less cheater.

The thing about this is it should be in a different section as this is for Bug Reports and not for cheating reports. If you wanted to make a post about it I would suggest General Discussion. All that will really yield is trolls and flames tho. Best bet is PMing a GM or paging if you want this to get taken care of.

halygon

Grandmaster
Also UOSteam can be used for autolooting thru scripting very easily. But this would still be subject to delay times when moving items, which can be completely ruled out by easyuo scripting. I have seen scripts where you can drag a corpse to your backpack and everything is in it instantly.

Actually, pretty sure none of this is accurrate, except the delay times. The delay times is a hard coded server side thing which is a limitation to any macro, script, or easyuo script. UOF has changed corpses so that the objects inside them cannot be seen by UOSteam, so auto-loot scripts are not possible. They also have auto-looting turned off in UOSteam so that agent cannot be used.

EasyUO *could* be used to auto-loot as it by-passes alot of client/server security features, but it is too easy for us to jump to the "easyuo script" wagon. I have found that in most cases, it is just a fast looter who knows how to work the system. Just like there are PvPers who know how to fast-cast. This is not a bug, not a cheat, just using the mechanics to their advantage.

But as said before, the best action to take here is to just page a GM with the suspect's details, let the staff handle it, and go about your merry way.

Actually, pretty sure none of this is accurrate, except the delay times. The delay times is a hard coded server side thing which is a limitation to any macro, script, or easyuo script. UOF has changed corpses so that the objects inside them cannot be seen by UOSteam, so auto-loot scripts are not possible. They also have auto-looting turned off in UOSteam so that agent cannot be used.

EasyUO *could* be used to auto-loot as it by-passes alot of client/server security features, but it is too easy for us to jump to the "easyuo script" wagon. I have found that in most cases, it is just a fast looter who knows how to work the system. Just like there are PvPers who know how to fast-cast. This is not a bug, not a cheat, just using the mechanics to their advantage.

But as said before, the best action to take here is to just page a GM with the suspect's details, let the staff handle it, and go about your merry way.

ah for reals? I will have to verify that after work. The corpse loot thing that is.

Oh yeah.... now everyone can know how to fast cast.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDbLZNsusaY

halygon

Grandmaster
ah for reals? I will have to verify that after work. The corpse loot thing that is.
Yeah, if I am wrong, let me know, but I tried right after they said they made a change and everything I tried wouldn't work... not that I auto-loot or anything.. just a curious hotfix tester.

Oh yeah.... now everyone can know how to fast cast.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDbLZNsusaY
Way to ruin the *secret* now everyone will know to hold down the spell hotkey!