back from a break? probably not :P

overflow

Apprentice
i played july '14 to dec. '14

am listening to the recent videocast found here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEiDZV_wcR8

nice to hear familiar names like Eppy (he helped me out initially in-game). somehow, i joined up with the jerk-ish group 24/7 (sorry).

you may or may not remember me being really good at looting iDoC's. i made some elaborate calculation about the chance of payout on time invested. within ~5 months i had three 18x18's on ice island :X

i went through some serious regression along with my UO play that year and also some serious depression that winter. IRL, i attempted to launch my tech company in 2015. i dated probably the hottest girl ever i've ever dated that summer (huh? how?). i got into serious debt by the fall. then i (somehow?) got a job working for Google. my credit rating has slightly improved, but it's still poor... it turns out in-game economics and PvP don't match the cut-throat world out there.

are these things related to embracing what i enjoyed about playing UO and being real about the depression i have that's pretty natural these days? maybe. dunno, but i have enjoyed this community being authentic and reinventing a really fun game :)