Bank Box Upgrade Deed

EllEssDee

Master
Some of us Sosarians are homeless by choice, but we love our bank boxes. Similar to how the Friends Deed for houses works, why not something that increases the amount of bank slots you can put (+25/50/whatever) for us vagabond-like men and women.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
This would take away the incentive (to an extent) from some players in them wanting to purchase/place a house...it would have a negative impact on the housing market.

elfyburk

Expert
I agree with this idea, but seen from another perspective.

I have two 18x18s in prime locations packed with stuff which wont fit in all my bank boxes combined. For the past 4-5 months I have not had the time to log on and play yet I still log on once every 3-4 weeks just to refresh my houses.

Now, this naturally harms the housing market, seeing as my plots just stand there taking up space, not being used what so ever. If it was possible, I would much rather have a bank box upgrade deed, enabling me to store most of my items in the bank, whilst selling the plots to someone who would actively use them. This has several upsides
  • Increase supply in housing market (especially more valued plots)
  • You dont have to spend 4 weeks (that you dont have) to sell everything off, just in case your house falls
  • In relation to the point above - spending several weeks buying everything back once you are able to play again
This upgrade would enable me to bank my stuff and sell my plot to someone who is active. Once I am able to play again, I can just buy a new plot without having to re-purchase all the collected items again.

I believe this idea was proposed before by @Tard the Paladin

lollo

Grandmaster
I have been playing here for 2+ years, i have hundreds of millions of stuff yet i only have a 7x8 and a 17x11.

I have no storage problems whatsoever. I still don't understand why people keep collecting junk (which makes world saves longer etc)

I mean do people really not throw away weapons that aren't vanqs?

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
If I remember correctly, eppy or shane mentioned that all the crap stored in the banks of old forgotten accounts cause half the duration of save times.

New players face unnecessary obstacles to get established here. It would be a big benefit for them if staff increased bank storage options and implemented owner-only refreshes.

Someone always counters the owner-only refresh suggestion by mentioning that people go out of town or get deployed. I'd recommend either finding a way to accommodate those players or just make it a part of UOF life where if you don't refresh then you must rebuild later. I support the latter. I've got guildies who actually play UOF in Iraq and these days you could be on the International Space Station and still manage to get online for 5 seconds and click the house sign. A few seconds to log on each month is a low bar in my opinion.

Increased bank storage would actually reduce the penalty of having a house drop. I'd support increasing bank storage while purging the old items in accounts that are 99% likely to never be used again.

However, when it comes to good ideas and suggestions I wouldn't hold my breath. These things have been discussed for years.