Bank: Deposit

Razah

Apprentice
The "deposit" command should make deposited gold accessible to all characters created whitin the same account.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Does your wife and daughter or son have access to your bank account because you deposit it in real life?

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388

Razah

Apprentice
Does your wife and daughter or son have access to your bank account because you deposit it in real life?

I just thought that this way you would not have to give bank checks to all your characters. And on your account you do have access to it.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Yes but I don't think they want it to be that easy there needs to be something to add risk to swapping money round characters

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
Yeah but can still drop accidentally or have stolen from a bag inside your pack

a bank check cannot be stolen from your pack, unless you've foolishly put it into a bag in your pack. if you're putting at the root level of your pack, it cannot be stolen.

I think a small prob with deposited gold is you cannot use it to customize your house. Say i have all my gold deposited then i try and customize, it says i dont have funds avail. So i have to go to the bank, take out the money needed for customization, then go back and commit. why cant it just access the gold you have deposited.

Avarice

Grandmaster
I think a small prob with deposited gold is you cannot use it to customize your house. Say i have all my gold deposited then i try and customize, it says i dont have funds avail. So i have to go to the bank, take out the money needed for customization, then go back and commit. why cant it just access the gold you have deposited.

Yea and buying Bods out of a bulk bod book also requires the gold to be outside of the deposit feature. Also, placing a house with a placement tool also has this issue. Personally I believe this should be changed.

All characters on one account is not like daughter/son access to bank account in real life. Its more like having 4 clones of yourself, and yes I would want all of me to have access to my account.

Yea and buying Bods out of a bulk bod book also requires the gold to be outside of the deposit feature. Also, placing a house with a placement tool also has this issue. Personally I believe this should be changed.

All characters on one account is not like daughter/son access to bank account in real life. Its more like having 4 clones of yourself, and yes I would want all of me to have access to my account.

Yeah, moving gold around is a hassle. If all your characters on your account have complete access to your placed house I dont see why all chracters of the same account could not have access to deposited gold.

Luxvero

Journeyman

In this line of thougth, each char should be allowed a house, or are you and ur siblings, and you wife, forbidden from owning one because ur mother already has one just outside of New Yewrk?

And there's still the Docs, even if checks weren't blessed, in fact, you can pretty much transfer stuff from all ur 6 characters on the two accounts withour any risk at all, its just a boring necessity.

Razah

Apprentice
VFingers involvement in this thread could have been unaccounted for : P

I cant really see how you can drop a check transfering it to another charchter. Simply put the check in your main bag, and put it in a chest at your house.