Blacksmith/Crafter Character Templates

BloodRose

Novice
Hey guys,

So iv'e never made a crafting character before and I am wanting to go ahead an try it out. I want to have blacksmith/mining for sure but not sure on what else would be best to add for skills. Hoping for some ideas. Also, do you need higher intelligence to blacksmith/tailor or does that not really matter at all for these skills? Thanks for the feedback!!

Babethoven

Grandmaster
if its a straight crafting character just have magery to recall when you see reds... 100/25/100 stats for carrying ore and to recall/ protect yourself...

and it really just depends what kind of crafter your going for....

you can be a miner/smithy + lumberjack/carpenter/bowcraft/tailor with magery i guess?

Elvera

Grandmaster
By the template listed below you can make every craftable except bows...It is possible to pick bowcraft or lumberjacking instead of mining..
As for stats, you do not need dex, just do not be overloaded and you are fine...Intellligence is important since you wont have meditation..Recalls, gate travels marks etc..
Stats

Str: 100
Dex: 25
Int: 100

Skills

Blacksmithing 120
Carpentry 120
Mining 120
Tailoring 120
Tinkering 120 ( i just need a 120 tinker ps to finish this template:D)
Magery 75
Musicianship 45

Last edited by a moderator:

Elvera

Grandmaster
if its a straight crafting character just have magery to recall when you see reds...

You will need magery not only excaping from reds but also making pentagrams and abbatoirs..:)
My advice on reds is when you see one just go to kitchen and prepare some coffee, you wont have much chance..:D

Messremb

Grandmaster
i Prefer

Blacksmithing 120
Carpentry 120
Tailoring 120
Tinkering 120
Fletching 100
Magery 95
Musicianship 45

then as far as the other crafting skills

alchy, inscribe, and LJ all go great on PVP chars

i have mining on my stealth archer.
this lets me mine unseen, and if im pulling up Elementals with a garg pickaxe i can kill all the elementals with archery. also stealth archers make great Champ characters. :)

Dwyane Wade

Grandmaster
My guy is...
120 Tailor
120 Smith
105 Carp (120 eventually)
105 Tink (120 eventually)
100 Mining (maybe more eventually)
100 Alchemy
the rest in magery

You won't be able to fit every crafting skill in your template, so you gotta pick and choose what you want. Maybe you could use alchy or scribe on your mage and put something else in your crafter template. I personally use a supplementary crafting character with everything else on it. It's mainly just another BOD runner though lol

Elvera

Grandmaster
You won't be able to fit every crafting skill in your template, so you gotta pick and choose what you want. Maybe you could use alchy or scribe on your mage and put something else in your crafter template. I personally use a supplementary crafting character with everything else on it. It's mainly just another BOD runner though lol

All my bod runners have 80.1 bs, 100 tai and 100 mining..:D
Put alchy on an another char just to make glassblown items, i dont even fill kegs..:D

Messremb

Grandmaster
A nice template..but i really do hate crafting bows lol
that's why i bought SSs ;)

like Dwyane said you cant fit all the skills on any template but keep in mind skills that work together.

Carpentry needs 45 music to make exceptional instruments (great if you have bards)
carpentry needs 75 magery to make the pentagrams and abbatoirs

to use the new ancient crafting stuff you need 120 tinkering and 120 Blacksmithing so you want them on the same character

the skills that produce repair contracts BS, tailor, tinkering, carpentry, fletching.

Mining is needed to smelt items made with color ore

any ways i hope this information helps.

Riverwind

Novice
My main crafter has...

120 Tailor
110 Smith
110 Carp
110 Tink
105 Mining
105 Lumber
50 Hiding

I have another crafter that has my all my reg skills..

Hephastus

Journeyman
I actually had just 1 crafter too as I thought we can only have 6 characters (as stated in the FAQs). Then I learned we can have 8 toons. Months later I found out we can have up to 10 toons, and I therefore made two crafters as I like to be able to craft (almost) everything in the game. As i do not pvp or pk much, I dropped alchemy, inscription and poisoning on my fighters and mages and added these skills to my smith. The final two builds are/will be as follows:

Char 1: ingots-and-regs mule
120 smith
100 mining (you can also mine sand required for glassblowing and granite required for stonecraftng)
100 tinkering
100 alchemy (free alchemy-related craftables: glassblowing, gardening)
100 poisoning
100 inscription
100 magery (you can drop magery to 80 where you can still succeed inscribing 8th level scrolls, which allows you to raise tinkering or mining to 120)

Char 2: wood-and-wildlife mule
120 tailoring
100 bowcraft
100 lumberjacking
100 carpentry (free carpentry-related craftables: stonecrafting)
100 music (you can drop to 45 to make exceptional instruments, which will allow you to raise carpentry or lumberjacking to 120)
100 cooking (free cooking-related craftables: brewing)
100 magery (you can drop to 75ish to make pentragrams, which will allow you to raise carpentry or lumberjacking to 120)

The only items you cannot craft (except for slayer armor) are tinkering-carpentry related items such as traps and GM locked chests (although you can still craft potion kegs if you transport the parts from one character to the other).

Also, you can pretty much gather all resources in guarded areas, as there are lots of trees and stones inside towns. Also, keep in mind that you can even mine the stones sorrounding the moongates, in addition to guarded mining areas in Cove City and Minoc - so no need at all for fighting skills.

BloodRose

Novice
Thank you for all the awesome advice everyone!! Seriously gave me tons of great ideas to think about and work with. Feeling much more confident now! :) :)

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
My crafter is:
120 blacksmith
120 tailor
120 tinker
100 carpentry
100 Mining(was 120, but I do not mine anymore I buy ingots)
100 Poisoning
60 magery

stats:

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
My crafter is:
120 blacksmith
120 tailor
120 tinker
100 carpentry
100 Mining(was 120, but I do not mine anymore I buy ingots)
100 Poisoning
60 magery

I noticed you have Poisoning on your crafter. I asked this question a while back, if I can use my crafter to poison weapons and then hand those weapons off to my dexxer, and was told that Poisoning was needed ON the dexxer in order to ensure maximum poison chance. Does anyone have experience with this? Has this been tested at all?

Aeolos

I noticed you have Poisoning on your crafter. I asked this question a while back, if I can use my crafter to poison weapons and then hand those weapons off to my dexxer, and was told that Poisoning was needed ON the dexxer in order to ensure maximum poison chance. Does anyone have experience with this? Has this been tested at all?

Poisoning increase the damage caused by the Poison on the weapon. No it is not needed on the Dexxer, but it does add a nice damage increase. So you will see some dexxers running around with Poison within their template. Hope I helped

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
Poisoning increase the damage caused by the Poison on the weapon. No it is not needed on the Dexxer, but it does add a nice damage increase. So you will see some dexxers running around with Poison within their template. Hope I helped
I have never heard about having the poisoning skill on the dexxer increasing the damage? I know for a fact tho it was setup to where you had something in the neighborhood of ~20% increased chance of applying poison to the target if you had gm poisoning on the dexxer. They have changed so much I have no clue what the mechanics are atm tho.

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
From what I know, GM skill level in poisoning gives the user 20% poison resistance. These however are up for question:

-Extra 20% chance to apply poison
-Extra 20% poison damage

Any clarification would be awesome.

halygon

Grandmaster
From what I know, GM skill level in poisoning gives the user 20% poison resistance. These however are up for question:

-Extra 20% chance to apply poison
-Extra 20% poison damage

Any clarification would be awesome.
What the f....? Neither of these are true on UOF.

Poisoning ONLY:

For Melee:
  • gives a 20% percent increase to inflict poison (via a weapon) (which totals 40% to inflict because a poisoned weapon already has a 20% chance to inflict)
  • Allows a player to poison a weapon
For Magery:
  • Provides a chance to inflict deadly poison while within 3 tiles of the target.
  • Gives a greater chance to have the poison spell NOT be resisted

lilbear68

Neophyte
I am curious why theres such an imbalance in acquiring raws between mining and lumberjack, I mean I was able to gm mining in 5 days and I took it easy. its no where even close to that for lumberjacking. is there a reason why its so disproportionate?