Can we get some Balance!?!?

So we have META pets (OP AS HELL!!!) then you have weak spell damage (inscription does nothing for damage boast) and warriors even with 50+ armor get 1 hit killed by several mobs in the game. Then we put in META Dexer (what a joke) The life of a warrior is cross heals and that means you are not raising meta dexer fighting with a friend only 1 person gets the points but if a pet attacks a provo'd monster the pet gains WTF!?!?

the new increased head buy back price is all fine and dandy as long as if a tamer loses his Meta Pet and it dies he has to buy it back for 100k!

This is a sandbox game not a WOW or Lineage 2 stop trying to make it like 1. Those games have no consequences but this game does, don't make it so one sided.. Blues > PKs, Tamers > Dexers, if you don't have an archer provo or a tamer go sit in your house is what this has become.

P.S PLEASE FIX LUMBER JACKING it adds little to no damage to the axes and a mace (not having another GM'd skill hits harder!!!)

Staff

Young Player Help
LJ currently adds +40% per hit. This is the bonus of a crushing blow on a mace but happens 100% of the time compared to a maces 25% of the time.

God.RG I am apparently the only guy who plays UO still, that knows script running queers chucking purple pots isn't skill... take a battle axe for instance 19 damage (high end). add 40% onto that which is 7.6 damage lets round to 8 for the slow druggies (god.RG) that play UO.... 27 base dmg if i have lumber jacking, every 3.5 seconds (delay on a large battle axe)... war hammer (doesn't need the extra 100 points of skill to receive said chance) 20 dmg high end add 40%.. yeah god my drugged up brother that would be 28. so what is the point of the extra 100 points then the mace has two extra skills to play with where the LJer only has one skill to play with... percentages my ass they should have no chance to receive a bonus that I am using 100 Skill points to create an added bonus... if macer wants 40% more dmg level up <Insert skill> don't give them a chance for free!

bradley-

Grandmaster
I've hit other players (who have upwards of 40 AR) for 45+ with a vanq large battle axe on a GM LJ. I think the 40% bonus is fine the way it is. Not to mention @TheFallen is mentioning the concussion blow which halves your opponent's intel. Not sure if you've ever fought a LJ with magery but feeblemind (-11 int) right after a concussion blow is devastating to any mage. 100 mana down to 39 mana in seconds..

Staff

Young Player Help
God.RG I am apparently the only guy who plays UO still, that knows script running queers chucking purple pots isn't skill... take a battle axe for instance 19 damage (high end). add 40% onto that which is 7.6 damage lets round to 8 for the slow druggies (god.RG) that play UO.... 27 base dmg if i have lumber jacking, every 3.5 seconds (delay on a large battle axe)... war hammer (doesn't need the extra 100 points of skill to receive said chance) 20 dmg high end add 40%.. yeah god my drugged up brother that would be 28. so what is the point of the extra 100 points then the mace has two extra skills to play with where the LJer only has one skill to play with... percentages my ass they should have no chance to receive a bonus that I am using 100 Skill points to create an added bonus... if macer wants 40% more dmg level up <Insert skill> don't give them a chance for free!

A battle axe has a top end damage of 38.

A battle axe has a top end damage of 38.

The numbers I posted came from UO Stratics... so what is the War Hammer damage on this server if 38 is the Battle Axe?

And it can't clearly be a static number because i have hit a lich for 33 with an axe and then 168 on the next swing...

and I am not here to just complain but from fighting a macer in factions with a blessed weapon and me non bless vanq supreme he was hitting harder and I had 51 armor at the time... and then he was chucking pots.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
There it is. I died so something must be wrong. To the forums! Seriously dude it's time to quit because you are using inaccurate numbers, comparing apples to Oranges and basically just whining because some Mace guy gave you a dirt nap.

Balance is important but let's leave that to the people who actual know what is going on.

Staff

Young Player Help
The numbers I posted came from UO Stratics... so what is the War Hammer damage on this server if 38 is the Battle Axe?

And it can't clearly be a static number because i have hit a lich for 33 with an axe and then 168 on the next swing...

and I am not here to just complain but from fighting a macer in factions with a blessed weapon and me non bless vanq supreme he was hitting harder and I had 51 armor at the time... and then he was chucking pots.

All of our weapons have UOR accurate min and max damage. Please look on the way back machine for startics during 2001.

CVegas

Grandmaster
So we have META pets (OP AS HELL!!!) then you have weak spell damage (inscription does nothing for damage boast) and warriors even with 50+ armor get 1 hit killed by several mobs in the game. Then we put in META Dexer (what a joke) The life of a warrior is cross heals and that means you are not raising meta dexer fighting with a friend only 1 person gets the points but if a pet attacks a provo'd monster the pet gains WTF!?!?

the new increased head buy back price is all fine and dandy as long as if a tamer loses his Meta Pet and it dies he has to buy it back for 100k!

This is a sandbox game not a WOW or Lineage 2 stop trying to make it like 1. Those games have no consequences but this game does, don't make it so one sided.. Blues > PKs, Tamers > Dexers, if you don't have an archer provo or a tamer go sit in your house is what this has become.

P.S PLEASE FIX LUMBER JACKING it adds little to no damage to the axes and a mace (not having another GM'd skill hits harder!!!)

They've done SO much to help the progress and "balance" of this server. If it tips too far to one side...they correct it.

10280491.gif

kurtis

Grandmaster
Hey "BodyCount666"

On behalf of everyone, I'd like to say: shut up.

Figures that 4 of your 6 total posts are on this rage thread.

There it is. I died so something must be wrong. To the forums! Seriously dude it's time to quit because you are using inaccurate numbers, comparing apples to Oranges and basically just whining because some Mace guy gave you a dirt nap.

Balance is important but let's leave that to the people who actual know what is going on.

I didn't die bro.. haven't died on my LJ in awhile to a player maybe a double FS from a Titan but not a player... the balance is not there Kurtis... why are regular dragons no longer sought after?!? oh because the balance got messed with. This isn't a rage post at all it is simple observation everyone plays a tamer, everyone plays a alchy/macer or provo/archer... if that doesn't tell you something about the balance that 3 classes dominate the server... you can only lead a horse to water Kurtis if it's stupid and won't drink, much like your logic of your post not much i can help with there.

This will be my last post on this topic... but if the game is so balance... Why can't a Dexer get his own Meta Dexer Relic, because he must rely on the OP classes to get it for him and then purchase it. Get a life you puds open your eyes. Waste of time to sit here and even type statistics to you go smoke a bowl and have a nice day.

Cack

Grandmaster
This will be my last post on this topic... but if the game is so balance... Why can't a Dexer get his own Meta Dexer Relic, because he must rely on the OP classes to get it for him and then purchase it. Get a life you puds open your eyes. Waste of time to sit here and even type statistics to you go smoke a bowl and have a nice day.
funny-memes-201.jpg

Lailoken

Journeyman
WOW, just WOW!

I have been playing UO since 1998! The EA servers are BORING! I love it here. It's just like I remember except you can actually control what skills you want to gain in. If you have played as long as I have you know what I mean.
i do miss having a battle mage tho.

Back on topic. Sounds like the on thing not balanced is Bodycount666.
I like to solo on this server. That means I go out and do things on my own. I have just recently got my roomates son addicted to this game and have been teaching him the ropes.
He seems to be under the impression that once he get's to 7x GM that the game will then become "Easy". NOT!
Seems that Bodycount666 thinks that the game should be the same way. I run about on a dex monkey and I have no clue what this 'Meta" thing is other than i has something to do with tamers. I don't know what game your playing but you never screw about with tamers! Ever!
Since UO first came out in 1997 Tamers have rocked this game solo style. As for PvP, I'm a dexxer, I hold my own just fine.

To hell with balance I like it challenging and always have. There is no such thing as "BALANCE" in any PvP game be it a MMORPG or an FPS game! There will always be those who think that just because they have put in the time that they should be able to run rampant with out restriction. I hate to inform you of this but there is ALWAYS some who is better. That is just how real life works. And yes this may not be a real life world in which we play, but the person sitting at the keyboard is real. And I don't care how you cut it some one will be better than you. So you can either man up and shake the sand out of your vagina, or simply stop playing.

Deal with it.

eppy

Grandmaster
I will almost guarantee that dexers and mages are the only ones that have ever gotten a dexer relic. Saying otherwise means you have never taken a tamer to the arch demon.