Challange Accepted @Eppy (Bulk Sales Idea) instead of BOD's

amonseti

Grandmaster
Ok Challenge accepted !!! @eppy

Idea Alert @Shane , @Adam

Instead of BOD's how about this ..

Ill use fletching, as my practicum..

Essentially bonus rewards for “Bulk Sales” made to an npc .
Fletching NPC would have a new dialog option “Bulk Sales”
When the “Bulk Sales” option is selected the player will get a targeting cursor, which they will use to target any container including the main backpack that contains a min of 10 items craft-able by a fletcher . All fletching items in the targeted container will become “Bulk Sold” and removed from the container. The player will always receive gold equal to what they would have made if each item was sold to the npc normally. If the container did not have a min of 10 items the transaction fails and nothing happens.
In Addition and the reason for doing Bulk sales is: a Chance the NPC will reward the player with a special item based on a set of conditions described later..

The chance of a reward being handed out is progressive, meaning that the more items bulk sold the better the chance a reward will be given , the progression chance is accumulative and remembered until a reward is given . which will then reset the reward chance progression back to base 0. All items sold count as +1 each to the progression meter no matter what they are, each item counts the same towards the progression chance meter .

IE, Simply put . the progression meter (PM) starts at 0 , PM = 0.
The progressive chance is currently 0%
Player "Bulk sells" and targets a pouch with 15 kindle and 2 bows ...[ PM+= (15+2) ]. PM is now = to 17
So for simplicity we will make this out of 100% so The progression chance is 17%.
Roll is made and fails to earn a reward . The PM remains 17
Player "Bulk sells" again and targets a different pouch containing 5 Xbows, 3 bows , 20 arrows ... [ PM+= (5+3+20) ]. PM is now = to 45.
So the player now has a 45% chance of receiving a Reward item.
This continues until the player Is rewarded a bonus item . Which will then reset the PM to 0.

The type of item rewarded .
there would be 5 tiers of rewards from tier 1 Common to tier 5 Legendary rare.

A single bingo ball type draw will determine the tier of the reward.

Each item that is bulk sold will contribute / add balls with a tier level attached to the ball into the draw drum .
The Drum will fill with these balls until a reward has been won. at which time the drum will empty.

In addition each time a bulk Sale is made 15 Standard
2wdzs6e.png
T1 Balls are automatically added to the Draw drum .. to intice players to sell larger lots of items at once .

The follow chart is an exsample of what bingo balls are added to the draw drum based on the item .

2rww6mx.png

IE

Player bulk sells 10 bows made of ash all exceptional quality each of these will add x5
2wdzs6e.png
x2
33aqv5d.png
and x1
2jaewly.png
bingo balls to the draw drum.
and x15
2wdzs6e.png
base balls added to draw drum for Bulk sale tith.

Totaling
2wdzs6e.png
balls added to draw drum
+
33aqv5d.png
balls added to draw drum
+
2jaewly.png
balls added to draw drum

for a total of 95 balls added to the draw drum.. When a reward has been won .. just 1 ball out of these 95 will be randomly drawn , and that ball will determine the tier of reward given.

Now unlike BODS the player can Bulk Sell as many times as they wish , as it will consume resources like mad.

So this takes away the need to roll an army of Fletches as just 1 will do . this system bases its reward potential on the pure bulk of items sold and consumption of resources . No BOD's to collect

<< MORE TO COME AS I EVOLVE THIS IDEA. I WILL UPDATE THIS POST AS IT GROWS >>

Last edited by a moderator:

amonseti

Grandmaster
Properties on the items don't have any impact or is everything just going to be counted as that item type.
Im still considering properties indeed . I do think they should have an impact on the bingo balls yes .. IE a Vanq property adds just 1 T4 Bingo ball to the draw drum.. and so on.

Also I should note I do plan on modifiying the amount of base T1 balls added per Bulk sale and have the amount reflect the level of the fletcher . Where the higher the level of fletching would have the least amount of T1 balls added per BulkSale.
IE fletching level 0 would add 100 T1Balls to the Draw Drum for every Bulk Sale attempted .
Fletching level 125* would add just 5 T1 Balls to the Draw Drum for every Bulk Sale attempted.

* see what I did there ;)

eppy

Grandmaster
I don't really like how it accumulates points. Other than that it seems pretty close to a random turn in system.

amonseti

Grandmaster
I don't really like how it accumulates points. Other than that it seems pretty close to a random turn in system.
which points ? the PM (progression meter) Points , or the bingo ball point system .

Yeah essentially if you break it down yeah I guess its a random turn in system ... but so are bods ,, this just takes away the necisity for bods .
And its not really that random as the player has a direct influance on what could possibly rewarded ..
If a player turns in nothing but kindle he will never win any thing better then a T1 reward ..
A balance needs to be decided on how many "filler" items to turn in vs how many items that contrubute to a chance at a T4 reward.
To me it feels like bods with out the need of a bod.

This idea tho is just a seed and needs watering , of coarse thats why I mentioned it needs to evolve . I am open to any suggestions or modifications from any and all .. as long as we can hash out something to give some much needed lovin to our fletchers and tinkers ..

amonseti

Grandmaster
I don't really want to reward macroing either. That's what makes it so hard.

Well I cant fix that .. if either one of us can come up with a solution for that then we would both be as famous as Will Wright or Satoru Iwata (Rip) . And would become far to rich for this game :p.

Besides for the system I outlined above , meh macro away , who really gives a rip .. However If someone is macro harvesting thats a whole other issue that has nothing to do with this system really and players will risk the ban bat .