Champ Participation Reward and AR patch for masks

Delvorin

Grandmaster
So a friend and I were talking about champs and how it's frustrating to spend an hour or more on a champ to either have the boss lured away by someone else, have the champ be raided by reds, or to get absolutely nothing except chance at the gold falling from sky. We did hear about staff trying to implement having monsters have a chance of dropping crystals, but that still requires luck. We were thinking why not have a guaranteed reward for getting certain amount of points at the champs. One thing nice about raiding in World of Warcraft is that even if you don't get any loot, everyone still gets emblems/badges that they can collect and buy rewards. My suggestion is to have special crystals or tokens or something rewarded depending on score and they are sent to bank whether you are dead or alive. They can be handed out for something like

25k- 1 token
40k- 2 tokens
55k- 3 tokens
70k+ - 4 tokens

And there can be a vendor with rewards to buy things with these tokens. Can have a range like something you can buy with as low as 20 tokens and as high as 500 or something. Just a suggestion as this would help with people getting screwed out of champs after putting all the time and effort into one.

Second suggestion is for the bone masks and dragon helms that are aesthetic only. These dono items give no AR yet we cannot apply the +2 head armor patch on them. Is there a way to make it so they can be applied?

Furync

Grandmaster
There's nothing more frustrating than working at champ spawn for an hour, sometimes more, and then have a big guild come in and PK you or steal the boss. Its probably the single biggest "flaw" with champs. I wholeheartedly agree to this suggestion.

+1 on the second suggestion as well.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

i like the idea.. but never set top teir rewards that low. you should have to do something like at least 20 champs to earn anything worth it.... shit some people have done 20 and haven't even seen a relic. 25k is a given pretty much. so youd be guaranteed that 1 coin. i can see things like crystal fragments selling for like 5-10 tokens easy. ( some new *champ* cloth ) for like 25 per piece. and when you get to certain relics/scrolls easy 1k+per.
just don't want to flood the market with easy rares because someone showed up to every champ from that point on.

( they also need to make camming... any afk in a dungeon for more than 5 mins should flag a player.. if they don't move within 10 mins delete the character... ) obviously no one takes the jail time serious in those matters. but every champ or high farm zone seems to have at least 1 in some form. (being a vpn'd new account, dead ghosts, or random hidden blues)

Bromista

Grandmaster
I've been trying to get ahold of staff for weeks to get my "helm" masks armored. Everyone keeps deferring to @Shane and I can't get through.

Can we pls pls get a fix for the patches or get a new "aesthetic helm" patch so we don't need to bug you guys any more? Because even though I have 3 dono bone helms and a dono dragon helm to layer I still feel silly needing to take staffs time just to get a couple extra AR.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
participation trophies are great everyone should win all the time that way nobody has to feel those nasty sad feelings when they don't win

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
Something similar was on test - collect fragments that combined to powerscrolls. Nothing fixed as fragments were random drops and capped numbers per champ level to prevent endless farming.

Tons of negative opinions so it never made it off test.

StegcO

Grandmaster
I agree about PS Fragments only if they are like Boss Crystal, they must be lootable. Also people will not be able to craft a 120 Taming with that crystal, will be easy win.

So if a n00b make a champ and will be raided at least can save 30k in PS Fragment.

Absolutly disagree about item directly sended to bank or shit like if you make a lot of point you will earn a reward that cant be stealed.

Yoko Kurama

Master
So a friend and I were talking about champs and how it's frustrating to spend an hour or more on a champ to either have the boss lured away by someone else, have the champ be raided by reds, or to get absolutely nothing except chance at the gold falling from sky. We did hear about staff trying to implement having monsters have a chance of dropping crystals, but that still requires luck. We were thinking why not have a guaranteed reward for getting certain amount of points at the champs. One thing nice about raiding in World of Warcraft is that even if you don't get any loot, everyone still gets emblems/badges that they can collect and buy rewards. My suggestion is to have special crystals or tokens or something rewarded depending on score and they are sent to bank whether you are dead or alive. They can be handed out for something like

25k- 1 token
40k- 2 tokens
55k- 3 tokens
70k+ - 4 tokens

And there can be a vendor with rewards to buy things with these tokens. Can have a range like something you can buy with as low as 20 tokens and as high as 500 or something. Just a suggestion as this would help with people getting screwed out of champs after putting all the time and effort into one.

Second suggestion is for the bone masks and dragon helms that are aesthetic only. These dono items give no AR yet we cannot apply the +2 head armor patch on them. Is there a way to make it so they can be applied?
This is what I have been saying for a while. Put relics and 120 power scrolls and other high end account bound rewards.
I understand a lot of people get screwed, but for me, that isn't much the problem. I am the one doing the dragging, or bringing in reds to steal the champ. But, even with that, and doing 100s or 1000s of champs at the head of an EQMS deathsquad, I still have none of the relics I was after in the first place. So for me, a year of UO was basically wasted. I love UO, but since I can't even enjoy it because I am missing a bunch of relics on certain characters, the choice is donate and buy them from someone with better luck, or to play something like LoL where win or lose, you always get a reward for your time. Or something like EQ, EQ2, WoW, Rift, etc etc...they all have a currency system in place. This would fix the game for so many people, and get people playing. Nostalgia lasts for about 5 minutes, then doing champs IS LIKE A JOB. PLEASE MAKE IT SO WE ARE AWARDED ACCORDINGLY FOR OUR TIME. Best idea ever.

Bromista

Grandmaster
You do know ppl don't even skim your posts anymore, right? It's a hard pass. Every time.

I tried not to...but I saw the words EQMS deathsquad. I snickered.

StegcO

Grandmaster
Relic bounded to account? This is UO not Lord of the Ring Online

EVERY bounded item DESTROY this game

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

Furync

Grandmaster
Relic bounded to account? This is UO not Lord of the Ring Online

EVERY bounded item DESTROY this game

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk
The suggestion is simply for tokens. And they need to go to the bank since this is supposed to be a "counter" for when you get killed by the large groups of reds. How else would you be able to claim them if you're dead?

I agree about the reds being able to do this, by the way, just need a way to keep the blues interested in taking that risk.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

This idea needs to get some traction.
Why not just make the server trammel?

I wholeheartedly disagree with this addition pussify-the-world movement. I've been on the short end of the stick more times than i'd like to admit, but i still view it as part of the game.

It's a risk reward system. If you don't think the risk (being PKd seconds before the boss dies) is worth the reward (the chance at a relic with potential worth of millions of goldl), then spend your time farming some low traffic zone (there are plenty of profitable locations) where your time vs return is closer to guaranteed.

I think it's fkn ridiculous that there is now a notification for when the boss spawns.

The only way i would agree with this system is that if the rewards were a seperate pool of items not available anywhere else (so as to not destroy the value of other 'rare' items). This pool of items would be ideally entirely aesthetic - having absolutely no affect on gameplay. I'd also suggest that the items be low 'token' cost so they have no monetary value and no relevance in the economy. The lack of desireability then could be countered with different hues of said items.

100% hell no.

/end rant

Last edited by a moderator:
This is like those kids softball teams that dont keep score cause they want it to be fair. They raising those kids to never learn defeat or how to overcome things.

Competition is healthy my friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the reward when literally every champ gets raided. PVM folks are hosed no matter which way you look at it. when you get too high in the number of people trying to raid them and too low on the number of folks trying to complete them its all risk and no reward.

StegcO

Grandmaster
BTW in 99% of the champs if you loot gp by mobs of 3rd and 4th wave you do 300% more money than the PS you will drop.

halygon

Grandmaster
I am not so sure about the champ suggestion - while rewards for doing the work might work if implemented correctly, I would hate to see people not even try because "well I get a reward either way". I think it takes a bit of the risk of trying to protect the champ away. We as staff have already come up with a number of possible options that could make doing a champ (and losing it) feel like less of a punch to the balls, but we haven't moved forward with any of them yet as the balance is a bit precarious on champs.

The aesthetic helm/mask thing I have put as a suggestion before the dev staff.