Champion Spawn : Intended Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
i would love to see you defend your champs man normally u guys just recall off and gate in hidden to get a scroll. ( sounds more gay than luring the boss tbh)

It would basically come down to a waiting game. We will off screen and wait for the other guild/alliance to finish the last few candles and see which direction the boss gets pulled in.. then we all come back.

If there is 2 red candles left and we all off screened ... would u do the same? And wait for us to finish it like we would be waiting for u guys to finish it? That sounds pretty lame as fuck.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
It would basically come down to a waiting game. We will off screen and wait for the other guild/alliance to finish the last few candles and see which direction the boss gets pulled in.. then we all come back.

If there is 2 red candles left and we all off screened ... would u do the same? And wait for us to finish it like we would be waiting for u guys to finish it? That sounds pretty lame as fuck.

yes we do that sometimes .

Malkraven

Grandmaster

Sounds like a plan you should try it

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
Even after 7 pages of replies in this thread - i still have not heard a good reason as to why there -should- be inconsistencies amongst champ spawns and that game mechanic. Do any of you have anything else to add to your argument?

Last edited by a moderator:

kurtis

Grandmaster
I agree that the less rules the better. Keep it sandbox. No rubber-banding at all.

The exception might be Wrong. Being able to lure the champ in a house or boat or in town (guard whacked?) seems silly and would likely be unintended consequences of having it in a non-dungeon location. If those were somehow dealt with then fine, that one too.

I agree that the less rules the better. Keep it sandbox. No rubber-banding at all.

The exception might be Wrong. Being able to lure the champ in a house or boat or in town (guard whacked?) seems silly and would likely be unintended consequences of having it in a non-dungeon location. If those were somehow dealt with then fine, that one too.

People always talk about how "sandbox" this game is but then someone drops off a few haystacks at Brit to give factioners who run through there a challenge and they get jailed for it.

kurtis

Grandmaster
People always talk about how "sandbox" this game is but then someone drops off a few haystacks at Brit to give factioners who run through there a challenge and they get jailed for it.

I have never complained about haystacks nor have I reported anyone for using them. In fact, I don't think I have ever reported anyone for anything, ever. So I think I can retain my opinion about keeping things sandbox. Thanks, though.

I have never complained about haystacks nor have I reported anyone for using them. In fact, I don't think I have ever reported anyone for anything, ever. So I think I can retain my opinion about keeping things sandbox. Thanks, though.

Well I never said you complained or reported about this, I was merely trying to give an example about how this game still has a lot of rules and mechanics to make sure that enjoyable game play can happen. I know a lot of people do not enjoy working a champ for an hour only to never even see the boss. So I think the "sandbox" argument, while valid, doesn't hold for this particular problem.

StegcO

Grandmaster
know a lot of people do not enjoy working a champ for an hour only to never even see the boss.

Nobody like to waste 1hour of theyre time, that's why a lot of people play themepark you join an instance kill the boss and have a reward.

Then there are Sandbox, where there is no instance and an enemy guild can steal Boss and/or Rewards, that's why we play here :)

Nobody like to waste 1hour of theyre time, that's why a lot of people play themepark you join an instance kill the boss and have a reward.

Then there are Sandbox, where there is no instance and an enemy guild can steal Boss and/or Rewards, that's why we play here :)

Yeah and again, the game still has rules to keep it enjoyable, no matter how sandbox it is.

There is nothing wrong with for example not allowing the champ in Destard to leave the champ area. It's huge anyways, there is no need that players can lure it all the way to the other side of the dungeon. Or take Shame as an example, the mobs split the champ area in half, if the boss is lured to the other side there is no way for players to run around the mobs to reach it. This creates frustration and that isn't something that should be ignored. Nobody is saying the champs should be limited to a tiny area where every player can always reach them but there needs to be a better balance because right now it's just too easy to just lure the champ away and never have the people who invested that hour of time even see it.

It's the same issue as reds raiding a champ 1 minute before it drops, one group has it incredibly easy while the other has to put in time and work. And to my knowledge there has been changes made lately because of exactly this reason. So why not keep improving it? Nobody is taking champ luring away from you, it should just be made less ridiculous.

The Gandin

Grandmaster
I agree with OP. If you want to take over a champ or even just raid the champ because you wanna PK, then you do that. Luring a boss away seems pretty cowardly and just simply says you suck at raiding/taking control of a champ.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
I agree with OP. If you want to take over a champ or even just raid the champ because you wanna PK, then you do that. Luring a boss away seems pretty cowardly and just simply says you suck at raiding/taking control of a champ.

Player driven problems should be solved by player driven solutions

Isnt it ??

StegcO

Grandmaster
Opinions, the best part of IMO is to LEARN and think+try every solution to win.

Before this chanche about min score to drop you can raid champ and lure champ or simply try to do max score, now we cant raid anymore becouse people needs scores to drop or champ simply dont drop anything that means we have 1 less way to play this game.

Luring it's so funny and DIFFICULT also is so EASY to check where the boss is if users want to do champ (end game feature) simply attacking/all kill mobs and easly drop they need to farm lich is better for them.

Champ spawn needs to be played with head, that's why are so good place, becouse you need strategy. If you dont want to use strategy (both side) you avoid one of the best part of the game.

Strategy is what made this game so beatiful, i lost 20PS becouse of $ and power raid and probably the first one dropped and saved in my bank was the best PS all the time (105 fishing) not becouse of the value but becouse of the winning strategy I succesfully made.

Champions drop shit 99% of the time, use that 99% of time to LEARN and TEST how to protect your champ so you will be ready for the time it drop taming or relics.

Only my opinion, maybe im wrong.

now we cant raid anymore becouse people needs scores to drop or champ simply dont drop anything that means we have 1 less way to play this game.

You can't raid any more? What's keeping you from it? Ah, yeah, I get it, you never did this for PvP but just to get easy champ rewards. That's why all this "Risk vs Reward" talk is just bullshit. Same goes for the "just learn, just group up" crap. You are just abusing the games mechanics. Stealing other peoples investment of 1hr+ is never justified if it only takes you 1 minute to do so. That's called imbalance and it's poison for video games.

Last edited by a moderator:

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
It so funny seeing people like @StegcO and @Bobby123 talk about keeping UO a sandbox and player driven solutions being the way to go when all they did was cry about EQMS and faction caps for the past month.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster

p.s.

I agree -- if you wanna raid a champ, kill everyone there -- dont try to do it the sneaky/griefy way and lure it out of the intended champ area. Whats wrong @Bobby123, scared to play a red?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
a WISE man once said : a truly great general will try to win by minimising casualties .

I guess thats something @GluttonySDS will not understand .

Seems to me you dont want to raid a champ by killing people there, probably because you cant. Reminds me of the guy who plays a thief to steal 1 item vs the guy who plays the PK to kill someone and take all of their items.

StegcO

Grandmaster
It so funny seeing people like @StegcO and @Bobby123 talk about keeping UO a sandbox and player driven solutions being the way to go when all they did was cry about EQMS and faction caps for the past month.

After all your fails your mind live in another world now

p.s.

I agree -- if you wanna raid a champ, kill everyone there -- dont try to do it the sneaky/griefy way and lure it out of the intended champ area. Whats wrong @Bobby123, scared to play a red?

You think this becouse you dont know this game, you think there is only blues that make a champ and reds that kill everyone, you cant elaborate strategy like making confusion and lure the boss away, for example if you dont have enough people online.

Thats why you have guilded 1800 chars, becouse the only thing you can do is recall with 50 reds and kill everyone hoping someone of them have a PS or Relic, your mind cant elaborate a strategy better than this and you have builded your guild based on this foundation.

And you still need to master that becouse half of the time you recall too late and other half of the time you miss the char with reward.

Your vision is limited, simply.

Status
Not open for further replies.