Change IDOC timers back to Random

Uofreakkk

Adept
Big Guilds or Groups of people should have to fight and hold an IDOC not just show up at last minute with 20 people to wipe out the 5 or 6 blues who have been sitting at that idoc without any fear of retaliation .... Sorry but having static times only benefits the zerg guilds who don't mind using scripts to get a minute window on every idoc out there. Give other people a chance with a random timer don't cater just to the zerg guilds.

Everyone I have met who isn't in EQMS hates the static timers that I have come across, they preferred it the way it was (random) to combat 1 guild getting every idoc which was the whole point in the first place of setting random timers was it not?

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Big Guilds or Groups of people should have to fight and hold an IDOC not just show up at last minute with 20 people to wipe out the 5 or 6 blues who have been sitting at that idoc without any fear of retaliation .... Sorry but having static times only benefits the zerg guilds who don't mind using scripts to get a minute window on every idoc out there. Give other people a chance with a random timer don't cater just to the zerg guilds.

Everyone I have met who isn't in EQMS hates the static timers that I have come across, they preferred it the way it was (random) to combat 1 guild getting every idoc which was the whole point in the first place of setting random timers was it not?

Personally , i prefer random timers . It gives the average but hardworking player to strike rich at idocs .

For static timers , You need to be in a guild to hold off attack or to raid in the last 10-15 mins .

RANDOMNESS IS THE KEY WORD !

Uofreakkk

Adept
Personally , i prefer random timers . It gives the average but hardworking player to strike rich at idocs .

For static timers , You need to be in a guild to hold off attack or to raid in the last 10-15 mins .

RANDOMNESS IS THE KEY WORD !
Agreed that was the whole point of them making IDOC timers random because the same guild was getting every idoc because they would either sit at the house and click the sign to get a 5 minute window which I doubt or used a script to do it for them and would roll in with 20=30 people at the last 5 minutes. By the time anyone could get people together the house falls and is looted..

I know when I first started here every once in awhile I would get an idoc to myself or share it with a few blues, now every single IDOC is zerged at the last minute with 0 chance of getting anything, doesn't matter what time of day or night it is or how early in the morning because they have the exact timer to set their alarm clock too.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I personally believe IDOCs should be randomized and/or have something to spice them up besides a house falling. Timer wise randomization leave the window for log ins, log outs, getting something, getting nothing, or keep the hardcore idocer on their toes.
A building is in danger of collapsing.
In UO the building disappears instantly when it "falls". An idoc is an event. People show up for it. Fires, explosions, earthquakes, or anything else you could think of could be the reason for it's final tick of life/standing.
Why does everything in the house survive?
What if the chest you were to pick up crumbles and it's contents are fallen to the ground from the damage of the collapse?
Random is good.
Even monsters have random loot.
Random is indeed the key word.

hubcap

Grandmaster
The last "polling" thread about this was in overwhelming agreement to make it more random. 70-30% FOR randomness.

But, we will see what actually happens........my guess is those that donate the most and make the most noise will get their way even if it IS against the wishes of the majority.

I hope I am wrong....

ANYTHING to make IDOCs more RANDOM would be welcome. We have enough arenas and opportunities for guild zergs.
No need to encourage another.

Just my take on it.

Personally.....I think the houses should just.....fall. No warning. No "In Danger of...." No "Greatly Worn....."

Just one minute there.....next minute....dropped.

Cant really make it any more random than that without encouraging zergs, imo.
Nerds and monitor jockeys are like electricity......they will find the easiest path with least resistence. If that requires exploiting bugs, cheats, what have you, then they WILL do it.

Nip all dat crap in the bud and just make the houses drop with no warning, based, solely, on the time it was placed. (It will drop at that same exact time after the period in inactivity has lapsed.)

Grizard

Adept
I say have all the stuff in the house explode over a huge radius such like champs its raining loot. This would make it a wider playing field and more random based where things land.

Uofreakkk

Adept
Personally.....I think the houses should just.....fall. No warning. No "In Danger of...." No "Greatly Worn....."

Just one minute there.....next minute....dropped.

That's an idea but that would kill IDOCING all together. If houses just fell everything would decay unless people planned on running around the map 24/7 looking for houses that fall and hope to get lucky which no one would do Everything would just disappear especially late at night or early mornings when people aren't on. I like IDOCING and so does everyone else the way it is, I just want it to be fair and not 1 guild who zergs and stays up 24/7 for every idoc to steal at the last minute because static times benefit their needs. If you want to zerg then camp it 2-4 hours and fight for it,, if you don't want to camp it for 2-4 hours then it's your loss and must not want it badly enough.

Violence

Grandmaster
This seems like a thinly veiled angry thread directed at EQMS rather than IDOC timers.

EDIT: I've never been more excited to play on UOF now the static timers are back in, and I know I'm not alone in this when a couple of my old IDOC buddies have come back with renewed interest in UO. Definitely looking forward to the coming weeks when our preparation and planning comes to fruition and interesting multi-guild battles start happening over loot and plots, win or lose.

+1 for static timers.

Signed,
Member of a small IDOC guild not associated with EQMS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said Violence. Random timers are snorefest. Random timers discourage pvp. Random timers award those with no lives familys jobs etc. This horse has been beat to death. The change has been made. Learn to adapt.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
seem to me staff looked at the poll and realized they know better than sulky solo idocers who lets face it are gona die eitherway you can die to people 30 secs before it drops or you can die to some noob zerg for 4 hrs straight.

Idocs are not a solo game you need a small well prepared team or a zerg and this is how it should be.

Find some friends and put in some effort

Violence

Grandmaster
I'm not sure if being solo is even a problem under a static system. Using just the gold that is my bank, some runes, runebooks and a house placement tool I can snipe plots for days regardless of all the zerglings that have been hatched.

Dj Double D

Grandmaster
Static timers have killed idocs for me. I just dont put in any time on them at all. There is 0 chance of anyone not in EQ getting anything unless 7k ppl show up. Is this the change we asked for?
For some reason, the thread about IDOC timers became an argument about 'reviving' the idoc scene. Turns out this meant turn IDOCs into PVP fuckfests. The IDOC scene was fine before the change, I saw lots of different ppl/guilds at them. Now I see one guild, and lots of them.
Before the change, a fairly new player could score an isolated 7x7 and instantly get a huge leg up in the game with IDOCs. Now its faction fuckfest and PVP zergmania. That is gayer than 2 dudes making out in the shower...
You have fucked the IDOC scene, powers that be. Dont bother changing it any more, cos you've just given me one more reason not to waste time on this 17 yr old wizard game. WTG. GG.

Uofreakkk

Adept
This seems like a thinly veiled angry thread directed at EQMS rather than IDOC timers.

EDIT: I've never been more excited to play on UOF now the static timers are back in, and I know I'm not alone in this when a couple of my old IDOC buddies have come back with renewed interest in UO. Definitely looking forward to the coming weeks when our preparation and planning comes to fruition and interesting multi-guild battles start happening over loot and plots, win or lose.

+1 for static timers.

Signed,
Member of a small IDOC guild not associated with EQMS.

LOL of course ur happy about idoc timers, your part of the guild who zergs people to win anything your opinion is invalid.

Uofreakkk

Adept
I'm not sure if being solo is even a problem under a static system. Using just the gold that is my bank, some runes, runebooks and a house placement tool I can snipe plots for days regardless of all the zerglings that have been hatched.

Has nothing to do with placements, not everyone wants a placement, Most do idocs for loot and place secondly. Static timers ruin idocing plain and simple it's why they changed it to random in the first place. Unless your part of a zerg guild who is willing to script time every idoc then you don't stand a chance at the loot. So hence anyone in EQMS has no valid argument in this thread.

lollo

Grandmaster
The trammy tears are real in this thread. And they're extremely salty, too!

The bum quitting over this just made my day! Thanks UOF

Uofreakkk

Adept
Everyone was happy about the random timers, Except the noob zerg guild EQMS who you just catered to. Anyways i'll hold off until it's changed by to random while EQMS just recruits any and everyone for meat shields to zerg every idoc while they get richer meanwhile screwing over everyone else who isn't going to pay EQMS 100k to be a noob.

Uofreakkk

Adept
The trammy tears are real in this thread. And they're extremely salty, too!

The bum quitting over this just made my day! Thanks UOF

Coming from a noob who had to pay 100k to get in the noobest guild of any server they ever played on.. but ya know no one is quitting so wishful thinking just pointing out facts. I guarantee you they will change it back to random, watch and see because if they don't they will be making the exact same mistakes uoforever did and look where that server is atm.

lollo

Grandmaster
Coming from a noob who had to pay 100k to get in the noobest guild of any server they ever played on.. but ya know no one is quitting so wishful thinking just pointing out facts. I guarantee you they will change it back to random, watch and see, then you can cry.

Who said i'm in EQMS? Who said I even do/care about idocs?

I just find it amusing that you nergins get so pissed over something so ridiculous.

Just join/make you own guild and fight for that loot. You fucking bums want everything fed to you with a silver spoon. Why not ask for a 1 milion check to spawn in your bank box every odd day?