Change IDOC timers back to Random

Malkraven

Grandmaster
A lot of work? What work?

The people doing static timer idocs on UOF are running around the woods with a house sign clicking script. Find a nice fairly/greatly? Park an alt there running a house sign clicking script that takes a screenshot when the timer changes. Boom, now you have the timer + any server restart/save time.

I've killed Script, eqms's house timer doing this multiple times, and I don't even hunt for idocs anymore. At least with random timer you had to fight to secure the plot because it could drop at any moment in the random stage. Now it's just roll the zerg in the last 15 mins or so. This static change was cried for predominantly by eqms members and benefits primarily eqms members.

I don't know what the admins were thinking with this one. Random timer idocs were perfectly fine.

Actually its alot more work books have to be run evrey hour evrey 4 hrs ect aswell as timing/running zones. If u want exact timers u need to do alot of prework as for it benifts eqms it benifits anyone who wants to do the work we have taken lots of idocs form eqms this last 2 weeks and we plan on taking lots more. random timers just create a stale idoc enviroment with a handfull of solo idocers scavanging what they can and the eqms zerg will just lock it down for 4 hours anyway. This way 100% beniftis smaller idoc guilds sorry 4-5 people can dominate idocs again

Last edited by a moderator:

Guwap

Grandmaster
So you want blues to sit at IDOCs for 4 hours doing nothing? Does the fact that people are now doing IDOCs again inconvenience you?

How did you gather that from what I said? When I did IDOCs during random timer we usually knew when it was in random, so it was up to 2 hours of fighting on reds until the house dropped. As opposed to the 15 minute scrap at the end now.

And no, it does not inconvenience me. More people were doing IDOCs before the static change, but how would you know? You were on break or not playing then. I get my money elsewhere now and it's comparable to IDOC money, however, I do miss the FUN of the random IDOC timer.

flipt

Grandmaster
How did you gather that from what I said? When I did IDOCs during random timer we usually knew when it was in random, so it was up to 2 hours of fighting on reds until the house dropped. As opposed to the 15 minute scrap at the end now.

And no, it does not inconvenience me. More people were doing IDOCs before the static change, but how would you know? You were on break or not playing then. I get my money elsewhere now and it's comparable to IDOC money, however, I do miss the FUN of the random IDOC timer.
If you miss the fun just go there and sit for the 6 hours pretending oops (roll playing) its a random drop problem silved

mikeabd

Master
As a newer player, the biggest issue here is that I have no idea what the actual decay rules are, there is a post from a year ago that says its random, and now people saying its static, what is the actual timers/system currently in place?

Guwap

Grandmaster
If you miss the fun just go there and sit for the 6 hours pretending oops (roll playing) its a random drop problem silved

Sure if I was a total masochist. A two hour random window is reasonable to me. It keeps one group from rolling multiple IDOCs in a short amount of time, and it isn't too long to wait around for the kind of money you can get IDOCing, the most lucrative activity in UOF (other than smart poker players).

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Sure if I was a total masochist. A two hour random window is reasonable to me. It keeps one group from rolling multiple IDOCs in a short amount of time, and it isn't too long to wait around for the kind of money you can get IDOCing, the most lucrative activity in UOF (other than smart poker players).

Lucrative money should take effort and coordination -- just like it does for champs and RDAs. You are in one of the largest alliances on UOF(albeit filled with trash players such as yourselves)... you have no excuse other than your guild is unorganized/not good at UO and dont know how IDOCs work.

Guwap

Grandmaster
Lucrative money should take effort and coordination -- just like it does for champs and RDAs. You are in one of the largest alliances on UOF(albeit filled with trash players such as yourselves)... you have no excuse other than your guild is unorganized/not good at UO and dont know how IDOCs work.

I agree it should take effort and coordination. However, the effort part is lacking with a static timer. You guys are literally leaving characters hidden running a script to click house signs. Where's the effort in that? Paying your power bill to keep it going?

We also got an idoc recently by recalling in at the last 5 minutes out of pure luck. Fortunately there was only lambofgod and a couple blues to worry about. OOPS, guess he didn't want to split that one 15 ways! LOL.

We got plenty of IDOCs with the random timer before the zerg in purple came back to UOF, and that timer also gave the smaller groups/solo IDOCers a chance. I mean seriously, does no one remember how well off @parsnip got during that time? You're really good at crying on the forums though glutt, so I'll give you that. I'm anxious to see what new changes eqms has planned for UOF next!

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
I agree it should take effort and coordination. However, the effort part is lacking with a static timer. You guys are literally leaving characters hidden running a script to click house signs. Where's the effort in that? Paying your power bill to keep it going?

We also got an idoc recently by recalling in at the last 5 minutes out of pure luck. Fortunately there was only lambofgod and a couple blues to worry about. OOPS, guess he didn't want to split that one 15 ways! LOL.

We got plenty of IDOCs with the random timer before the zerg in purple came back to UOF, and that timer also gave the smaller groups/solo IDOCers a chance. I mean seriously, does no one remember how well off @parsnip got during that time? You're really good at crying on the forums though glutt, so I'll give you that. I'm anxious to see what new changes eqms has planned for UOF next!

Yes lets reward the no life nergins that can and have the time to sit around an idoc for 4 hours. lol why you bringing parsnip into this dude had way too much time on his hands if he was doing idocs like that. Just like rdas, champ spawns, etc idocs require coordination and timing. I don't think we should reward anyone that mindlessly sits around an idoc for 4hrs waiting for it to fall

God.RG

Grandmaster
Yes lets reward the no life nergins that can and have the time to sit around an idoc for 4 hours. lol why you bringing parsnip into this dude had way too much time on his hands if he was doing idocs like that. Just like rdas, champ spawns, etc idocs require coordination and timing. I don't think we should reward anyone that mindlessly sits around an idoc for 4hrs waiting for it to fall
you seem like an alright dude. too bad you're in eqms.. you could have been in a good guild with that winner attitude.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Why does tyler talk about a good guild? POWER hasnt been relevant since EQMS came back. You guys dont pose a faction threat(EQMS had towns for months), you dont field PVP, anytime we've guild v guilded you guys, you end up dead on 3 chars each, you guys claim to be reds but the only 3 good players you have are kaidou, tap that thang, and big boon gorilla(blue non faction tamers).

Maybe you guys did some work pre-EQMS, but since we've shown up, you folded to real competition.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster

If all it takes is a simple script, close your eyes and wake up a millionaire - why don't you do it? The answer is it's not that simple and anyone who does idocs knows it.

PS parsnip (and Kiki and myself) made most of our money in the static timer days, in a small guild outplacing huge zergs. The only reason LOLZ got idocs with random timers is because it is a big guild of people who are fine sitting in a house casting EVs for 4+ hours aka boring bad players.

Oh lord, the same people that brought us trammel are playing the game still trying to fuck up still.

NO ONE LIKES RNG and thus random timers are just a silly concept in terms of fun gameplay. The wars when idocs fall remain very active and dynamic. You would be robbing the server of player interactions and thus fun by making idoc timers random.

Peasants want everything just handed to them with no concept of what makes UO fun

You like RNG! You like it so much you're playing an 18 year old game that was built on RNG. A game that is so full of RNG I'm surprised opening doors doesn't require a dice roll.

I don't care if idocs are static or random, I'm just pointing out your delusion.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
No one likes sitting in one spot semi afk for hours... unless its brit bank showing off your pixels(and then only true trammies are about that life).

Violence

Grandmaster
So what's the issue here? Scripting? Then fix scripting. We will time houses anyway though - because that is what guilds dedicated to IDOCs do. It's kind of like how guilds dedicated to PvM also have a semi monopoly on RDAs and champs. They have their methods down to a science and do that shit day in and day out, no different to any IDOC guild (except you know, they make more gold selling relics than I do doing IDOCs) Go challenge them if that sort of thing interests you.

If your issue is with EQMS, then I don't know what to tell you. Sounds like a problem that requires a player solution to me.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Why does tyler talk about a good guild? POWER hasnt been relevant since EQMS came back. You guys dont pose a faction threat(EQMS had towns for months), you dont field PVP, anytime we've guild v guilded you guys, you end up dead on 3 chars each, you guys claim to be reds but the only 3 good players you have are kaidou, tap that thang, and big boon gorilla(blue non faction tamers).

Maybe you guys did some work pre-EQMS, but since we've shown up, you folded to real competition.

by guild v guild u mean 20 v 5 right? yea thought so lol.......

The original power guys have more balls than any of you to even attempt to fight 5 v 20 same with any other pvp guild on here.

Fighting 5 v 20 = balls
killing 20 v 5 = *****

i dont think i need to say anymore evrey one already knows it enjoy..