Changes to the Bounty System

Umabel

Novice
The bounty system (blue vs red pvp) is the best I have seen yet and one of reasons I came here. Nothing wrong with murderers doing their thing, it's part of the game, but they HAVE to pay up when they finally meet their demise and not run off on some other char for two days.

Also red vs red PvP shouldn't have to involve statting each other. That's just dumb and derails what the system is for.

So here are some tweaks to the system that I think may help.

(1) Remove the "negotiation" part, and put in a flat rate. This will remove uncertainty and everyone knows what is expected. This can be raised or lowered as the staff (and/or player base) sees fit.
(2) If it is not paid, the murderer is stated for a SIGNIFICANT amount of time (i.e. a week) until the time is up or the "fee" is paid, whichever comes first.
(3) If the murderer was killed by another murderer (significantly damaged), his head cannot be removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Umabel

Novice
I have been thinking 10k. I'm guessing that's what a red would gain (assuming he/she is solo) after a few kills and it's also a descent amount of bounty for the antipks.

Metalhead-

Master
I have been thinking 10k. I'm guessing that's what a red would gain (assuming he/she is solo) after a few kills and it's also a descent amount of bounty for the antipks.

That's pretty much my take when I PK. If the guy goes down a little to easy I don't loot gold or weapons but I will take a fair amount of regs and always Rez when it's safe for both parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bane

Master
The bounty system (blue vs red pvp) is the best I have seen yet and one of reasons I came here. Nothing wrong with murderers doing their thing, it's part of the game, but they HAVE to pay up when they finally meet their demise and not run off on some other char for two days.

Also red vs red PvP shouldn't have to involve statting each other. That's just dumb and derails what the system is for.

So here are some tweaks to the system that I think may help.

(1) Remove the "negotiation" part, and put in a flat rate. This will remove uncertainty and everyone knows what is expected. This can be raised or lowered as the staff (and/or player base) sees fit.
(2) If it is not paid, the murderer is stated for a SIGNIFICANT amount of time (i.e. a week) until the time is up or the "fee" is paid, whichever comes first.
(3) If the murderer was killed by another murderer (significantly damaged), his head cannot be removed.
Leave it like it is. In your system the antipk can't just choose to stat regardless of price. We should preserve the choice to sell the head back at 1gp or no gp (install stat)

Umabel

Novice
Leave it like it is. In your system the antipk can't just choose to stat regardless of price. We should preserve the choice to sell the head back at 1gp or no gp (install stat)

Then let it decay or turn it in anyway. I agree that statting should be reserved somehow...but I'm sure it was meant as a bargaining chip for making a pk pay up.

Also, can't even tell how many murders a pk did? Have to spend minutes looking it up in the board...

Wyte

Neophyte
Looking for the names on the board made it not worth it to me personally so I have to agree with that.