Client deleted :(

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Downloaded the new launcher, avast deleted one of my program files for razor, tried redownload ing razor and the client and nothing's working. Not I can't log in. We'll shoot, help please

Dig'em

Grandmaster
"Could not start client"

"Unable to launch the client specified (error: ERROR UNKNOWN) twoD: -null-

halygon

Grandmaster
Downloaded the new launcher, avast deleted one of my program files for razor, tried redownload ing razor and the client and nothing's working. Not I can't log in. We'll shoot, help please
Download razor separately and install it without the launcher in a different location. Copy the newly installed razor files over original installation and see if that resolves it. If so, uninstall the second installation of razor.

If not, change over to UOSteam :)

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Now it says "Razor was unable to locate your UO client automatically. PLease manually set your UO data directory or verify that it is correct

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Well even with my version if steam it won't start, something is serioously facked up, when I go download it off the website it downloads the UFO launcher, I extract it, start it, push play, razor starts, scrolls messages until it hits "loading client" then error message

Staff

Young Player Help
Are you starting the launcher as an admin? I'm not sure why avast would be deleting anything? Many of the errors you described sound like the launcher couldn't properly install its reg keys and what not. If you come on IRC, I can provide you with more in-depth help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dig'em

Grandmaster
Are you starting the launcher as an admin? I'm not sure why avast would be deleting anything? Many of the errors you described sound like the launcher couldn't properly install its reg keys and what not. If you come on IRC, I can provide you with more in-depth help.

Yes all my UO stuff I run as admin to try and reduce lag, when it began to load the client avast pinged and deleted the file, which is unusual cuz it normally just moves it to it's secure virus chest, I tried to log into the hexchat version of irc Alyssa hooked me up with but it's no longer connecting, I'll jump on the web version when I'm home from work and hopefully we can sort this out

Dig'em

Grandmaster

Messaged you in Irc, not sure how to register a nick though, I is tech tarded, but if you can see them send me a reply when you have some time to help me!! I'd really appreciate it! Thank you

It deleted client.exe
I know this because I had to fix my daughters earlier from same exact issue. I had to tell avast to ignore that file and I fact told it to ignore all my ultima files including the launchers. (Razor and steam). Then I copied client.exe from one computer to another. If you don't have a backup of the client.exe you may have to reinstall the client and repatch.

Programs that use hooks to intercept and change network traffic like most assistant programs for UO do, are frequently flagged as possible viruses because of the activity they were designed to do. This will continue to happen unless you add an exception to your antivirus.