Client is bugged, nothing helps

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
Hey i have the following problem: When you get poisoned there usually is a SYS message saying "you feel a bit neasous". I dont get this message, it reaally sucks. so hard to play when you never see when you get poisoned. additionally when i click some items (treasuremaps, any checks basically etc) there is nohing showing up. normally you'd get the name of the item, my cleint shows NOTHING.

please does anyone have an idea how to fix this ? ive tried reinstalling uo, razor, uosteam everything. i seriously have no more ideas

Fallen Angel

Grandmaster
try change encoding in windows mb need setup necessary font

try launch uo on virtual machine(vm ware workstation) with windows xp

try change client version(delete all client and leave only one client)

Last edited by a moderator:

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
i just tried the thing with unicode, didnt change anything. i will try vmware tomorrow when i wake up and report back

K A Z

Grandmaster
change the language of ur UO to English in the UO.cfg file. Usually works for me. Also make sure to manually set the file locations in that UOSteam welcome gump.

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
change the language of ur UO to English in the UO.cfg file. Usually works for me. Also make sure to manually set the file locations in that UOSteam welcome gump.
where exactly do you find the language? all i find is unicode stuff, and translation stuff which all seems to be on
only thing remotely close is englishitemnames.

halygon

Grandmaster
i do have 7.0.15.1, but i also tried 4.0 to see if its the client making a difference. turned out it happens with both clients
Yeah, UOF will not support the enhanced client. You must use the classic client, which is the 7.0.x.x one.