Collective Faction Idea Thread

Kemi'Kalz

Grandmaster
So far here are a few idea's that have been getting floated around in the faction community, would love to see other factioners add to this thread.

Faction Ideas:
[2:37:41 AM] Kto(Jani): i think it would be nice if there was like one guild for every faction... i mean something like "NEW", so once u join to factions, u automatically join that guild, obviously you would be able to leave the guild when you wanted/ready

^^ this would work like the NEW player guild, guild members wouldnt be able to attack eachother to prevent griefing but give new people joining a faction a sense of belonging and also create allainces between players to then start their own guilds.

War Horse Ideas- In their current state they are nothing but a liability and add no reward.
Adds 2 AR ,
or
Can Remount in combat.
Has wrestling
The vet in your faction base will not only res but also summon the horse with no price increase.

Evil/Hero points--
Im not sure if it already work this way, but the amount of points you have should increase your tracking range.

Faction Vendor -
Sell a special type of container that you can secure but has unlimited items that can be put in to create 1 box to put stock bags in, this container would be hued to its rightful faction and only accessible by players in that faction.
You would not be able to stock your un-faction red/blue chars out of this container.
( my stock bag usually contains 110 items so having to have 8 chests in my house with 1 stock bag each is just a pain)
This would still affect item storage in the house, but would just be combined into 1 container.

Add new Faction title scrolls
AKA
Killed 100 True Brits, some cool title of the sort Slayer of True Britians
Killed 100 Minax (same idea ect ect)
Killed 100 Shadowlods
killed 100 CoM

Last edited by a moderator:

K A Z

Grandmaster
factions and PVP in UO are dead. It's a mentality problem with the players nowadays, not an issue with any kind of systems.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
decreasing the possible factions fighting from 4 to 2 sounds like a "really good idea" to me.........

No one here is willing to take a loss as in "OMGEE I got killed my group A...I hate them We cannot lose...lets call everyone we know in a 90 mile radius". Everyone on this shard seems to have a my e peen is bigger then yours complex

K A Z

Grandmaster
it will make it less spread out.. better chance of having people on..

that's not quite how UO works, though. Only having O/C would lead to a heavy overload in one faction. We do btw. have O/C already implented due to people crying for it right after server start. It never brought any PVP at all.

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
that's not quite how UO works, though. Only having O/C would lead to a heavy overload in one faction. We do btw. have O/C already implented due to people crying for it right after server start. It never brought any PVP at all.

How does UO work then? I can't imagine many people wanting to play factions solo.. the less teams to choose from the more people on the same team and opposite. No?

K A Z

Grandmaster
How does UO work then? I can't imagine many people wanting to play factions solo.. the less teams to choose from the more people on the same team and opposite. No?

everyone and their mothers would join 1 faction, ganking would still be rampant and people would still not log onto their O/C chars if the opposite faction has more people online. What you describe there is how red vs. blue works, and is the reason why it is the backbone of a Shard's PVP and so important for the overall health of a Shards competitive scene.

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
everyone and their mothers would join 1 faction, ganking would still be rampant and people would still not log onto their O/C chars if the opposite faction has more people online. What you describe there is how red vs. blue works, and is the reason why it is the backbone of a Shard's PVP and so important for the overall health of a Shards competitive scene.

Which one would they join?

K A Z

Grandmaster
Which one would they join?

it'd be like always. The first to join would be the major PVP guilds and depending on their activity the mongbats would follow. Look at Minax for example. When CLONE joined Minax it was a dead faction, now they usually have 3-5 randoms following them around.. I mean that's not bad at the first glance but it does slow down the possible PVP one could get. If there's anything I'd love to see then it would be a faction where I'd be flagged to everyone on the whole fucking Shard. Kinda like being red minus the statloss BS.

Chesty Puller

Grandmaster
it'd be like always. The first to join would be the major PVP guilds and depending on their activity the mongbats would follow. Look at Minax for example. When CLONE joined Minax it was a dead faction, now they usually have 3-5 randoms following them around.. I mean that's not bad at the first glance but it does slow down the possible PVP one could get. If there's anything I'd love to see then it would be a faction where I'd be flagged to everyone on the whole fucking Shard. Kinda like being red minus the statloss BS.

Basically, we need to do some serious PR and get some old players stokked on UO again. What we really need is a good 5 or 6 guilds warring, that have a healthy player base. Where is OiN, DnD, -S-, DJ's, LoD, and Nefarious Council when you need them? Some of those fuckers gotta still bleed a little UO.

Kemi'Kalz

Grandmaster
@Chesty Puller
@K A Z
@NoXXeD

Please keep this thread on topic, or if you want to make your own ***** and moan thread about factions use flames/rants.

This should be for productive ideas and feedback from people who want to see increased faction action.

Kemi'Kalz

Grandmaster

Keeping control of bloodshed will fix this for you.

I would like to see more of these kind of points implemented, maybe having each town associated with a certain type of monolith and if that monolith is controlled for long enough by a certain faction that town becomes steal-able again

Mag- All chars on your account with in X faction have their summoned creatures resist against dispell increases (only vs monsters)

Minoc- Crafting facion blessed items costs 10% less resources(including silver) and grants higher success chance for exceptional

Vesper- ?

Skara Brea- All chars on your account with X faction gain 5% increase skill gain on pets.

Yew - All chars on X account have bettter chance to gain higher value resources (ex. ingots/wood)

Kemi'Kalz

Grandmaster
No entrance to houses once flagged for combat, offensive or not.
Having no Delucia to fight in causes allot of issues IMO.
Delucia was the place you went to fight to prove your teams ability and fight to the absolute death, we dont have that here because everyone owns 6 houses around Brit.

This idea needs to be implemented.

And/Or redesign the as of right now 100% useless town of mag into a field fight town, few buildings and once you enter the guard zone area you cannot leave while in combat.

Design the town with minimal structures to keep lag low but have structures that can be held and controlled. No Sheriff or Finance minster should then be able to be appointed in this town.

Athrez

Grandmaster
Faction Ideas:
[2:37:41 AM] Kto(Jani): i think it would be nice if there was like one guild for every faction... i mean something like "NEW", so once u join to factions, u automatically join that guild, obviously you would be able to leave the guild when you wanted/ready

^^ this would work like the NEW player guild, guild members wouldnt be able to attack eachother to prevent griefing but give new people joining a faction a sense of belonging and also create allainces between players to then start their own guilds.

I like this idea ALOT. Would definately bring more people together and to team up inside the same team. Right now I might get attacked by own faction (Shadowlords) and I think it's totally stupid to be able to attack someone who is in the same team.

I have a idea for owning the sigils and towns. If you own all the towns you get a bonus boost example on your faction shroud. This could be like +5int, str or dex if your faction owns 4 towns but less than 8. If your faction owns all the towns you would get a boost of +10 int, str or dex in to faction shroud. This boost would make think all the non factioned pvpers to join a Faction. Also, this would increase alot the PvP for fighting for the sigils/towns. What I just suggested is already been on a another shard I've been playing for years, and it has shown really nice results because people like to get all the possible boost to PvP.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I think there's already a faction chat, so the guild idea is unnecessary.

And giving a PvP boost like bonus stats only to factioners is completely ludicrous.

This belongs in rants lol

bad bad

Kemi'Kalz

Grandmaster
I think there's already a faction chat, so the guild idea is unnecessary.

And giving a PvP boost like bonus stats only to factioners is completely ludicrous.

This belongs in rants lol

bad bad

Yes there is faction chat, i didn't realize this for a week how to use it. Everyone knows how to use guild chat.
The chat isn't the only purpose but my real point is below.

There are already bonus faction only stat items.
You don't faction so goodbye, entertain yourself in a separate thread instead of derailing this one.
Honestly please don't post here again, your nonconstructive in basically every post ive ever read of yours.