Contest: What does EQMS mean to you? (over 1mil in prizes)

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
It is time for EQMS to once again give back to the community that gives us so much enjoyment. With that being said, we are holding an essay contest with the subject being: What does EQMS mean to you?

You must post your submission in this thread and the submission must be at least 100 words long. Essay submission must also include "This is my contest essay" at the top of your post.

Subject of your essay should include:

-What do you think about EQMS(love or hate)
-Whats your favorite thing to do in UO
-Whats your favorite sport team OR favorite food

Thats it -- all are welcome to enter as long as the above rules are followed. Now for the prizes:

Grand Prize:

Fallon easter bracelet worth 750k
Free admission into EQMS

KWmmBE5.jpg

2nd Place:

200k gold
Free admission into EQMS

3rd Place:

100k gold
Free admission into EQMS

3 Honorable mentions:

50k gold

The judges will be myself, @Karl Sagan, and @Lord Hampton Royce -- the contest will end August 5th.

Good luck!

EnviousGL

Grandmaster
"This is my contest essay"

I've been around UO for a long time, and with that I've seen EQMS also around for a long time. Maybe with different members, styles, or goals, but the guild tag remains the same. I think any time a big guild can survive from server to server, or even from game to game its a great thing. Many people don't agree with some of their tactics or play-styles, but they may not agree with your play-style at the same time. To each his own. I personally joined EQMS for a short period and gave it a try, and it just wasn't my cup of tea. With that said, while in the guild for a short time they were actually a pretty good group, hold a few people I personally didn't like. The 100k entry fee makes most angry, but what most don't understand...That 100k allows you access to guild supplies and other opportunities which people don't account for. Overall, a good guild even if you don't like them yourself.

As for my current goals and enjoyment in UO: I play differently than most, and catch a lot of crap for it. I've played this game so long, I've done the big pvp scene back and fourth. Now I enjoy accumulating wealth, casual PVM with a little pvp peppered in from time to time on a situational basis. Lately, I've only been hoarding up BODS in effort to, in the long term, build more wealth for myself. Come winter, I'm assuming many will return to UO as they always do. Prices on everything will go up from runics to pack beetles. The economy and trade now excites me more than almost anything else.

I'm not one for sports anymore, so I'll comment on some delicious treats I enjoy. Traditionally I'm a typical mid-western in my diet choices. Favorite being a good ole' steak and taters. Obviously I would prefer these grilled, but where I'm at now its easier to use other methods of preparation. I usually buy a nice cut from the butcher section at one of the nicer grocery stores in the area. The last great steak I prepared was a saratoga ribeye. This has all the flavor of a normal ribeye, but much more non-fat big chunks, it is cut in a way to keep good marbling in the steak but at the same time have as much actual meat as possible. I begin by seasoning the steaks with various things and patting it into the meat with my palms. I super-heat a skillet/frying pan and sear each side of the steak for a minute or two. This method basically locks in the juices for cooking it later. Now at this point, lately I throw them in the oven, covered in tinfoil on a very low temp for a couple of hours. I'd prefer to use a grill, but as I stated earlier its just not a possibility currently. With the steaks I usually prepare a package or two of button mushrooms. I cut and saute' them in usually only butter and salt. Cook them down and dump them on top of the steak I'm going to eat. The final piece of the perfect meal would be a form of potatoes. I prefer a scalloped/cheesy potato, but mashed are always good as well.

I hope everyone enjoyed my contribution to this contest, I actually had a nice time writing it!
I look forward to seeing the other submissions and see every-ones take on the essay at hand!

Last edited by a moderator:

francoiseqms

Neophyte
I've been around UO for a long time, and with that I've seen EQMS also around for a long time. Maybe with different members, styles, or goals, but the guild tag remains the same. I think any time a big guild can survive from server to server, or even from game to game its a great thing. Many people don't agree with some of their tactics or play-styles, but they may not agree with your play-style at the same time. To each his own. I personally joined EQMS for a short period and gave it a try, and it just wasn't my cup of tea. With that said, while in the guild for a short time they were actually a pretty good group, hold a few people I personally didn't like. The 100k entry fee makes most angry, but what most don't understand...That 100k allows you access to guild supplies and other opportunities which people don't account for. Overall, a good guild even if you don't like them yourself.

As for my current goals and enjoyment in UO: I play differently than most, and catch a lot of crap for it. I've played this game so long, I've done the big pvp scene back and fourth. Now I enjoy accumulating wealth, casual PVM with a little pvp peppered in from time to time on a situational basis. Lately, I've only been hoarding up BODS in effort to, in the long term, build more wealth for myself. Come winter, I'm assuming many will return to UO as they always do. Prices on everything will go up from runics to pack beetles. The economy and trade now excites me more than almost anything else.

I'm not one for sports anymore, so I'll comment on some delicious treats I enjoy. Traditionally I'm a typical mid-western in my diet choices. Favorite being a good ole' steak and taters. Obviously I would prefer these grilled, but where I'm at now its easier to use other methods of preparation. I usually buy a nice cut from the butcher section at one of the nicer grocery stores in the area. The last great steak I prepared was a saratoga ribeye. This has all the flavor of a normal ribeye, but much more non-fat big chunks, it is cut in a way to keep good marbling in the steak but at the same time have as much actual meat as possible. I begin by seasoning the steaks with various things and patting it into the meat with my palms. I super-heat a skillet/frying pan and sear each side of the steak for a minute or two. This method basically locks in the juices for cooking it later. Now at this point, lately I throw them in the oven, covered in tinfoil on a very low temp for a couple of hours. I'd prefer to use a grill, but as I stated earlier its just not a possibility currently. With the steaks I usually prepare a package or two of button mushrooms. I cut and saute' them in usually only butter and salt. Cook them down and dump them on top of the steak I'm going to eat. The final piece of the perfect meal would be a form of potatoes. I prefer a scalloped/cheesy potato, but mashed are always good as well.

I hope everyone enjoyed my contribution to this contest, I actually had a nice time writing it!
I look forward to seeing the other submissions and see every-ones take on the essay at hand!
lol are you stupid? you didn't put "This is my contest essay." at the top. DISQUALIFIED.

francoiseqms

Neophyte
It is time for EQMS to once again give back to the community that gives us so much enjoyment. With that being said, we are holding an essay contest with the subject being: What does EQMS mean to you?

You must post your submission in this thread and the submission must be at least 100 words long. Essay submission must also include "This is my contest essay" at the top of your post.

Subject of your essay should include:

-What do you think about EQMS(love or hate)
-Whats your favorite thing to do in UO
-Whats your favorite sport team OR favorite food

Thats it -- all are welcome to enter as long as the above rules are followed. Now for the prizes:

Grand Prize:

Fallon easter bracelet worth 750k
Free admission into EQMS

KWmmBE5.jpg

2nd Place:

200k gold
Free admission into EQMS

3rd Place:

100k gold
Free admission into EQMS

3 Honorable mentions:

50k gold

The judges will be myself, @Karl Sagan, and @Lord Hampton Royce -- the contest will end August 5th.

Good luck!
quick question: does the "This is my contest essay" count toward the word count at all? tia

Darkarna

Grandmaster
This could be my contest essay.

When someone has a vision, that vision can transpire into something special, special can be portrayed as two cocks or three tits, in this case though, special is how incredibly insidious EQMS has become. The denizens of this place we call our virtual home have long looked upon the shadows for the familiar impending doom of multiple newbs, wearing purple, riding into existence with as much skill as a bunch of slugs with bazookas and really ruining someone's day. Yes, folks can say what they like but you have to show admiration to what EQMS has become. The truth is, EQMS will always be remembered for whatever reason one deems necessary and regardless if that reason is damned to be remembered as negative, that negativity is what will cement eternally, the name, the deeds and the memory of a highly successful guild. So what do I think of EQMS? I think they are bunch of purple slugs with bazookas..

As a thief, my favourite thing to do is smile with gratification when someone decides to implode with rage so vast, that time actually slows for a few seconds. Being on the receiving end of rage really does allow one personal insight into the individual who has promised that they will purchase a ticket to visit me anywhere in the world and correct my oh-so evil ways *true story*. It also provides worrying signs that if people are willing to go out of their way to release so much unrest on someone because they had their garlic stolen, it actually makes one think that how many innocent people have lost their lives due to these psychopaths going on a rampage over something so easily replaced, one could almost blame themselves for creating such a monster, however, this is rectified by gating said psychopath to a nice comfy spot under a Balrons ass. So why would I smile at someone else's misfortune? The answer to that is quite simply, "How many times have you been guard-wacked in the last decade and a half?"

What really annoys me is how people chat shit about fishing. I mean, what can be more relaxing than sitting next to a puddle, with a flask of coffee, a few sandwiches, a couple of bags of crisps/chips and a radio with the bass turned off? I mean, how can those people really understand the science about 'how to hook a maggot correctly?' Did you know, hooking a maggot through its arse, preferably through one of the little dots can actually keep the maggot alive longer and used multiple times? *unless the fish sucks its guts out.* Yes, I love fishing, I enjoy travelling to different locations, sitting in wilderness that is pure tranquillity, switching off from all the hustle and bustle of city life with just nature as your company. Yes fishing is a sport, so is waking up at 03:00am in the morning....