Crashing between Britain and Trinsic?

IAmTheEnd

Hi there,

I just signed up for UOForever. I downloaded, installed, etc. everything to play. I logged on the server, everything seemed fine. I began moving my character around Britain, still, everything seemed fine. Then I decided to make a trip to Trinsic, and started running south. I got almost to the first Guard Building/Guard Post, when I get a windows message saying "Ultima Online Client has stopped working".

I tried closing all other applications on my computer and restarting the game. It instantly freezes saying "Ultima Online Client has stopped working.

I changed the properties on the .exe that I load the game with to Service Pack 3/Run as admin. Still not working.

I created a new character to see if maybe something went wrong with that one. Everything started normal, I was able to run around Britain again. I ran down toward Trinsic again, and in almost the exact same spot, my client froze again with the same message pop-up.

Now both of these characters are essentially unusable, because as soon as I load the game, the client crashes.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks, in advance, for any help in this area.

Keltonator

Grandmaster
There's actually a black hole that aliens placed on that particular path, so when you run into it your char gets sucked into space, but due to programming limitations the GMs simplified this phenomenon by simply causing the client to crash. Those character slots are gone forever, might as well wait the seven days and delete them, or make another account.

^^none of that is true. I have no idea, this is weird.
@Shane @Adam
Bump for wtf

halygon

Grandmaster
If I were take a guess, I would say that maybe a house around there had newer content then your Razor version could handle.

You might check to see if you have a fully updated client. If so, then you may check to see if you have an outdated Razor.

Razor is compatible with many versions of the uo classic client, but not all.

You might also try using UOSteam instead of Razor as I find that more compatible.