CTF Flag capping bug

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
So there is a bug in CTF where a team can capture another teams flag without having their own flag in the base. I don't know exactly what has to happen for this to work, I'm pretty sure Peav knows why or when it happens - but it happened to me today in CTF. I was on Green team in Blue's base. Blue had another team's flag and was waiting to cap. I was running back and forth over the flag spot waiting to pick it up if it got returned. Well, somehow blue managed to cap the flag they were holding, yet there was still no flag in blue's base and I'm 100% sure that it did not get returned and someone got out with it without me realizing. I just left after that because after waiting for 10-15 seconds after the guy capped, the flag still was not in their base.

This is a pretty serious issue for CTF, really need to get this fixed.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
say im green and youre blue

i have your flag, you have my flag

if i drop your flag, and it's sitting on the ground, an invisible flag gets put into your base, even if i pick the flag back up. And you can use it to capture.

I wasn't sure if this was intentionally added to prevent players from dropping and picking up the flag repeatedly instead of going to get their flag back. It does help the game end during a stalemate situation. But you're right, it could be a bug too.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
inb4 peav gets mad over no way to pass flags.

maybe we could eventually use some other method of passing that wont give points?

I know that passing was on afforementioned's list of things that are important for a CTF, and it would compliment the high damage intake mechanics for flagholders and new walls

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
inb4 peav gets mad over no way to pass flags.

I doubt it. The main benefit of passing for flaggers is just to make it easier to get the flag out of the other team's base. The old way to do that was highly impractical, thus nothing has really changed, except that people can no longer farm points by dropping and picking up the flag repeatedly. A change for the better, I say.

I'd still like to see passable flags implemented by double clicking a flag that you are carrying in your backpack and targetting a teammate, along with flag timers that auto-return the flag after a certain amount of time unless you kill yourself and have the flag drop to the ground for a teammate to pick up and reset the timer.... but that's for another thread.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
I'd still like to see passable flags implemented by double clicking a flag that you are carrying in your backpack and targeting a teammate

exactly what I'm saying Peav would want, rather than simply no way to pass. If they did implement this, we could make the damage dealt to a flag carrier even more than what it already is, and make it a real challenge to cap if it's going to be worth so many points.