Eliminate PKs

Caso

Grandmaster
Nope try again, Never been griefed by EQMS. And yes you all are still *****'s. :)

PS. I know just think about it.
I believe your virgin asshole was turned into a ***** by 10 eqms deeks at once. The sheer shame of this ordeal forced your newly found and thrashed ***** to join eqms.

#loosepussy

Psyc420

Master
I believe your virgin asshole was turned into a ***** by 10 eqms deeks at once. The sheer shame of this ordeal forced your newly found and thrashed ***** to join eqms.

#loosepussy
57286473.jpg

@Caso
UaYGTVV.jpg
[/IMG]
UaYGTVV.jpg
[/IMG]
UaYGTVV.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

chad

Master
It's pretty god damn sad that there are people who want nothing to do with PvP, but are too dumb to make a recall macro. It's literally impossible to die in this game if you don't want to.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
It's pretty god damn sad that there are people who want nothing to do with PvP, but are too dumb to make a recall macro. It's literally impossible to die in this game if you don't want to.

It's pretty god damn sad that there are people who want nothing to do with PVM, but are too dumb to understand that there are multiple play-styles that make up the very foundations which Ultima Online completely relies on. It's literally impossible to understand how important all roles are in this game without experiencing the vast majority of them.

Stop being so condescending towards other players, people play how they wish *including PVP/PK/PVM*, it has been said countless times that the balance of power has shifted towards a certain play-style and when there are rumours of change, the biggest noise has always and will always come from those who think they are virtual bad-asses, live in the nostalgic years and think they can reproduce a time that vanished years ago, have severe mental disorders and extreme anger issues.

Live with the change like every other popular class has done over the years and adapt.

Never in my life have I known such a gigantic bunch of crybabies who are supposed to champion the idea of PK's or PVP'rs, honestly, there really needs to be a lot of growing up to be done and this is towards those little cherubs who are above the age of 30.. You ain't kids anymore, those days are gone and seriously, acting like this? Get a life for Christ's sake... lol..

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
It's pretty god damn sad that there are people who want nothing to do with PVM, but are too dumb to understand that there are multiple play-styles that make up the very foundations which Ultima Online completely relies on. It's literally impossible to understand how important all roles are in this game without experiencing the vast majority of them.

Stop being so condescending towards other players, people play how they wish *including PVP/PK/PVM*, it has been said countless times that the balance of power has shifted towards a certain play-style and when there are rumours of change, the biggest noise has always and will always come from those who think they are virtual bad-asses, live in the nostalgic years and think they can reproduce a time that vanished years ago, have severe mental disorders and extreme anger issues.

Live with the change like every other popular class has done over the years and adapt.

Never in my life have I known such a gigantic bunch of crybabies who are supposed to champion the idea of PK's or PVP'rs, honestly, there really needs to be a lot of growing up to be done and this is towards those little cherubs who are above the age of 30.. You ain't kids anymore, those days are gone and seriously, acting like this? Get a life for Christ's sake... lol..

What does your post have to do with the fact that a PVMer can escape 95% of PK situations by

a.) not farming semi-afk
b.) having a recall macro

lollo

Grandmaster
get a life for Christ's sake... lol..

The rest of your post might make sense, but this? Seriously?
You constantly write 1000 word (rage) essays in a forum of a wizard game that you don't even play, or barely ever play any more. Not to mention you menaced to (rage) quit more times that i care to remember.

TL;DR: get a life for Christ's sake

Darkarna

Grandmaster
You constantly write 1000 word (rage) essays in a forum of a wizard game that you don't even play, or barely ever play any more. Not to mention you menaced to (rage) quit more times that i care to remember.

I mentioned quitting once, not really sure where you have gotten the countless times from. I mean, Glutt has mentioned to leave the server more times than I can remember when changes to PK's and other assorted things were mentioned. Think you are getting confused my good man.

Soul Mate

Grandmaster

You should change your name to Nosey Parker, Town yenta......Funny how you are always making up shit about people, empty mind, empty life.

Psyc420

Master
f8ed93a29a747e12ca8e76865c73c07193cea549ff312b401b13ccdb0655837f.jpg

chad

Master

Nah man, no one gives a fuck if someone prefers to kill monsters or RP as a giant dildo. It just makes no sense that people would rather type a rage essay than press one button and never die again.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Nah man, no one gives a fuck if someone prefers to kill monsters or RP as a giant dildo. It just makes no sense that people would rather type a rage essay than press one button and never die again.

This actually makes sense.

But come on, who doesn't love a good read of a rage essay first thing in the morning with a cup of coffee and couple of rounds of toast. Think of the overwhelming knowledge one acquires from reading about a players passion.

StegcO

Grandmaster
This actually makes sense.

But come on, who doesn't love a good read of a rage essay first thing in the morning with a cup of coffee and couple of rounds of toast. Think of the overwhelming knowledge one acquires from reading about a players passion.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

@Shane @allpks

PKing is game sanctioned griefing. There is no value to it as a play style or to the enjoyment of the game. It is a flaw that was corrected by OSI with the advent of Trammel and every MMO since. Let me explain...

It's griefing because it allows one player to ruin the enjoyment of another. You call it a play style, but that is just an excuse. If the way you get your fun is by ruining mine, you're a griefer, period. There is no other form of player interaction in which one player intentionally and maliciously does harm to another player and it's not considered griefing.

"It brings back the nostalgia of the game" or "It puts the fear back into going into a dungeon" - Oh please. I've been playing since 98 and I ran my own server for a while and I can tell you that during that time I have never heard anyone say to me, "this is great, but I wish someone would come and kill me and take all my stuff". I've never heard anyone say "ahh man I just got pk'd, that was awesome!" The truth is this is just a fallacy. If it were true, why not eliminate lock downs in housing? Don't you miss the days when someone would sneak into your house and clean it out when you logged from the game? If you want a challenge in the dungeons, create harder dungeons.

"I enjoy pvp" - Well that's not pvp. Player vs Player combat involves two or more consenting players duking it out. It's a game of skill which takes a long time to master. I respect the hell out of pvpers because I've seen what it takes to practice it and many of them are far better gamers than I am. What you're doing is sucker punching some innocent bystander. That's like saying you're a pro-boxer and then going out and decking some poor guy on the street and stealing his wallet. If PKs truly do enjoy pvp, why is that reds don't attack other reds? (Maybe some do, but I've read that many don't). It's bullying. I don't mean for this to be an attack, I'm simply trying to open your eyes to the truth. If you enjoy pvp, join a faction or pvp guild and play with like minded players and have fun. I applaud you for it.

"There's no challenge to pvm" - First, blame your GM. They should be doing more than just blocking off an area in Ilshenar and calling it a new dungeon. Second, if you wanted a challenge you wouldn't be picking on innocent players just trying to have a good time.

"But I role play a murderer" - still just an excuse for most. Role players use a certain code or set of rules which govern how they interact. If you want to pretend to be a role player, where is your bio, or your community, or your storyline? 99% you don't have one. For those of you who actually do role play a murderer, consider whether or not your victims view it that way. You may still be a griefer.

"Players can fight back" - yes but most don't want to. They are neither geared for it nor skilled for it. Most of them just want to enjoy the game with their friends or spend a few hours earning some gold and unwinding at the end of their day. There are all kinds of people in the world, and that includes people who don't like confrontation of any kind. Say what you want, but they have just as much right to enjoy this game as you do.

"It's just a game" - yes, so why not let me enjoy it? I play this game because it is fun, relaxing, and bring backs good memories. I have met a lot of really great people and I enjoy spending time with them. But we can't do the things we want to do because you prevent it. PKs are like a DOS attack because they are preventing the pvmer from doing what they want to do. I can't go out to a dungeon, I can't do a tmap, I can't even fish without being pk'd! So meanwhile the dungeons remain empty, the seas devoid of activity, and the hard work of the GMs unseen and unenjoyed because of PKs.

"If you allow players to farm dungeons with impunity it hurts the game economy" - this is a valid point, but once again we go back to the Game Master. It is the role of a Game Master to balance the game mechanics. If they're worried about the economy there are many other proven methods for controlling, including gold sinks and reducing loot. Think about all of the other aspects of this game that can't be enjoyed because of PKs and ask yourself if it's worth it.

These are my personal views on the subject, like it or not. I don't expect everyone to agree with any or all of what I've said, but I felt like I had to get this off my chest. I expect to be flamed for them. I expect to be called a carebear (ouch). Bring it on, I'm sure you'll enjoy that form of griefing too. But if you have some concise and valid argument against any portion of what I've asserted I welcome your rebuttal. I promise to respect your views if you have respected mine, it's that simple.

For those of you who fully agree with what I've said, I ask for your support here. Even a simple "I agree with..." or like would go a long way to demonstrating our point of view.

To the GMs, I want to say that I respect and appreciate what you do. I may have painted some of the things you have done as somewhat lazy, but I'm being honest and trying to give you real criticism. I could've sugar coated it but frankly I'm not in the mood. But make no mistake that, aside from these criticisms, this is by far the best server around. It's better than the one I created myself. I've donated to this server because I generally support what you do and I know it's hard, expensive, and sometimes thankless. I just hope you can understand my point of view on this subject. Let this thread speak for itself; they're either going to say I'm right or I'm wrong. All I ask is that you listen.

I completely agree with your comments, but only to those who only play on PK characters only. These kind of players are blatantly complete bell-ends and only find enjoyment in making other players suffer (such as res killing - noob hunting ect) I do feel that the majority of normal players when encountered with a PK in a dungeon are good enough players to get out of there straight away or fight there way through and manage to recall away. I would suggest that only some dungeons allow PK's in, allowing only the best or those who are brave enough to farm there. I totally believe that PK's in the open world is a good thing but there should be a method of stopping them constantly killing new players trying to train (but there is the young system) or attacking non fighting characters such as mules and crafters as there is no contest there.

Res killing should be a punishable offence (jail time) in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

StegcO

Grandmaster
Sincerly cant understand the problem, someone reskill you? Why you ress on front of him? If a pk kill you your loot is lost, why ressing?

A pk is online in the spawn you use to farm? You are not able to kill and stat him? Do other thing: treasure map, crafting, pvp, champ, train untrained chars, ecc ecc

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk