EQMS - Faction Cap

Discussion in 'Player VS Player' started by Silly Santa, Jan 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deriz

Deriz Trammie Scum

Never thought id see the day when $ guild was complaining about people using pets...

PVM 2017

Karl Sagan, Josh D and Guwap like this.
  2. The Gandin

The Gandin Wandering Squeeler

I go straight to page 5 and before I go to page 1 I'm like, I bet this is a fucking Silly thread. Shocker, it is.

#obsessed2016 #stillobsessed2017

3. Silly Santa

Silly Santa Bank Sitter

I did not create this thread due to the fact that you stated that you and Aga went Minax. I created this thread because for a long time now - faction PVP has been unbalanced and to an extent not as fun as it always could have been, if the cap were kept in place. These days so many PVMers are going to eqms factions for said PVM sigil bonuses and so that they dont get zerged daily....and so many pvpers are going to EQMS because a lot of people dont care enough to put in the work and effort like EBFS @Lithium149 did. Although they didnt last long - they at least created some PVP competition for EQMS , until EQMS just zerged them with twice as many numbers usually. Factions were intended for PVP and withoit factions being balanced - what fun/incentive does @Bobby123 @girana @steve-o @K A Z @Malkraven and the other few in their allaince and also OG's..have in order to capture and defend sigs from EQMS that has more then twice as many as them? Factions are not worth it really the way things are due to the no cap...and i fail to see why people in EQMS keep asking for more fights meanwhile they recruited more then half the faction pvpers into Minax. Noicee job there @eqms.

4. Blair

Blair Moderator Staff Member Player vs Player Manager

You aren't going to like what I think, but I'll tell you anyway.

The irony here is staggering.

Not everyone cares about having even numbered fights. Look at the responses in this thread, it's all people who don't PvP (with the exception of kaz) patting each other on the back with their flawed views of what the 'problems' are.

No. What would likely happen is there would be a large EU group on for half the day zerging people, and then a large NA group zerging people the other half, and the two would rarely meet. The people who want to fight each other fight each other. Notice how none of them are in here saying anything?

Guarding a base for 6 hours for 30 minutes of fighting will never be fun. I don't see how a faction cap changes that.

I don't think you fully comprehend how fucked that statement is. You think people quit UOF to faction on another server? Enough said.

This is why I generally don't comment and let you guys pat each other on the back with your 'sweet' ideas. If you guys spent half the time you do posting on the forums actually killing the PvMers you are complaining about there wouldn't be a problem. They would die so much it wouldn't be worth being in a faction. But hey, what do I know?

Josh D, Lord_Puffy, RuBiX and 2 others like this.
  5. girana

girana Bank Sitter

i dont see how this affects you at all you saying you guys got 120 taming etc so its no problem for you if the sigils bonus get changed and/or if they add any kind of faction caps.

6. Silly Santa

Silly Santa Bank Sitter

Thanks for your constructive criticism. Thats pretty ironic by the way, in it seeming like you dont think its a problem, with there being no faction cap

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Bobby123 and steve-o like this.
  7. Blair

I don't think you understand what irony is.

Josh D, Guwap, RuBiX and 1 other person like this.
  8. Deriz

Deriz Trammie Scum

It doesnt. But clearly if affects you.

'make it so they cant use their taners' - girana

Lord_Puffy likes this.
  9. Silly Santa

Silly Santa Bank Sitter

Whats ironic is that you hide 2 of my suggestion threads like 10 days ago of mine and i did nothing wrong to deserve that. They were not even up for 5 hours until you removed them...instead of locking them, you literally removed them from public view.

1 had no trolling posts in it and only had 4 messages in it

The other thread was being derailed by EQMS - and instead of warning said people, and cleaning up the thread..you hide that thread too.

Sorry they were not eqms and PK/zerg friendly suggestion/idea threads.

10. The Gandin

The Gandin Wandering Squeeler

@Silly Santa

What do you actually want from this server? This is a serious question. Because I just don't get your mentality. This is, by far, one of the best free UO servers ever made yet all you seem to do is complain. EQMS plays the game and you don't agree with their methods. Alright, we get it. But that doesn't mean everything needs to change just because of your opinion that the game should be made the way you want it to be.

I don't think you want actual constructive criticism because you know deep down you have no idea what you're suggesting. Do you faction? Doubt it. If you changed all responses in this thread (including my earlier one) and everyone chimed in why your ideas are bad, in a more constructive way, you'd still argue and still think your way is the only way. It's insane.

11. Silly Santa

Silly Santa Bank Sitter

What i want is fair, balanced factions...and i fail to see why a lot of people in eqms seem to think that "everything is OK" in factions when its really not.

12. Blair

How is a player vs player system unbalanced because too many people are killing monsters? Your logic is bizarre.

Josh D and Lord_Puffy like this.
  13. Malkraven

Malkraven Town Crier

cap wont change anything anyway it will just give staff a head ache with people trying to bypass it every 20 mins and even if they refuse to breach the cap they wil just make 2 factions and friend each other.

while this would make it more difficult due to heals and stop people abusing the sigls so much ect its alot of hassle for staff over very little faction sigil bonus should be looked at thou or even better roll out the new system.

thou @Blair should remove the inactivity kick its pretty pointless and causes a hero/evil bug every time.

14. Silly Santa

Silly Santa Bank Sitter

Unbalanced: Not keeping or showing an even balance; not evenly distributed.

15. drasked

drasked Trammie Scum

All factions can recruit as many people as they want, so in essence the mechanics are balanced.

The notion of a faction cap having any relevance is beyond me.

The focus should on be getting more people interested in PVP, both through staff intervention (actual pvp incentives) and player intervention (having a lot of decent guilds)

16. Silly Santa

Silly Santa Bank Sitter

Sad..but true..i could see eqms noobs in 2 seperate factions wearing purple..but think how they wouldnt be able to use "closest target"...

17. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Trammie Scum

@Silly Santa you should put this in the suggestion's section stop spamming the pvp forum with suggestions for tweaking the game.

And you dont play factions so what would you even know about it? Half the sigil bonus's arent working properly and never have.

@halygon @Swayze Maybe we can move this to its proper section, since @Silly Santa is all about following every single rule written. Its only right ^^

18. GriefedYaBish

GriefedYaBish Wandering Squeeler

eqms still owned all the sigils when there was a faction cap.

lpt; want to compete for sigils? recruit some friends.

from the sounds it i'm sure op hasn't pvped since 1999

Josh D and Lord_Puffy like this.
  19. girana

girana Bank Sitter

we just dont want all of the server join minax to gain free bonus w/o any risk.

Silly Santa likes this.
  20. Silly Santa

Silly Santa Bank Sitter

Lawl its about faction/pvp so i put it in the pvp section.

What other thread did i post in "this section" thats asking for a game mechanic to be changed or looked at?

I knew this thread was going to be trolled by EQMS , because it doesnt benefit EQMS.

For what good reason should i play factions now? so i can go fight against 2 full party of eqms noobs loaded with FS scrolls and a "target closest" hotkey?

Also for what good reason should people try to take/defend the sigils from rocky? So we can go and get zerged by 2x + many eqms noobs loaded with FS scrolls and again - that target closest hotkey?

Factions should be wiped and a faction cap implemented. Maybe instead of 4..keep it at 3 ...but there is no good reason that i can see as to why a faction cap should not exist.....or is EQMS scared of a faction cap?

On a side note .. tell mico i think he is still a noob =]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.