Event Suggestion: Add PVP zone to PVE events

Do you support adding a PVP zone to a small portion of PVE events with increased drops

• Total voters

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
With the last invasion event being upon us, we once again return to the idea of adding a PVP zone to the event. It would work as follows:

1. A small portion of the town(say 100x100 area) would flag you grey when entering. A gump woud pop up warning you that you are about to enter the PVP area of the invasion event and you will be flagged grey(not criminal, like bucs den) upon entering this area.

2. This PVP zoned off area would have 2-3x the drop rate of the normal area. With the increased risk of being gray and attackable by anyone in this area, you get an increased drop rate. Risk vs. Reward is the very foundation of UO.

3. The entire other portion of the invasion city will remain as is, full guard zone protected. If you dont want to have risk PVP for the sake of getting increased drops, you can simply farm in the majority of the invasion city under guard protection as usual.

We brought this up in discord and @Swayze said he liked the idea and would be down for implementing it as long as there was some traction behind it.

If youre against this idea, please post in this thread why -- so far the only argument has been "EQMS will just dominate this zone and get all the rewards themselves". If thats your answer, thats fine, and you are entitled to your opinion.... just be honest.

Many people who arent pure PVErs find these multiple day events of guard zone farming to kill the server outside of the event, this would give these groups(OGS, POWER/$, EQMS, trin, QoQ, etc) a reason to group and play together at the event to fight for control over the increased spawn area.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS NONETHELESS!

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
p.s.

Oh hey, Glut has an idea. No.

great logic here... glad you could take the time to post constructively.

Bongzilla-Today at 2:18 PM
eat a bucket of broken dicks glut

It is a sad time when a good idea is shot down because the owner of the idea is an obese 54 year old *** named Gluttony...

Leviathan

Master
p.s.

great logic here... glad you could take the time to post constructively.

Bongzilla-Today at 2:18 PM

eat a bucket of broken dicks glut

It is a sad time when a good idea is shot down because the owner of the idea is an obese 54 year old *** named Gluttony...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Why not just have the increased drop rate apply to reds?

My solution is more inclusive for everyone... not everyone has a PK AND some people may see that the PVP zone is empty and take that opportunity to go in there, kill 20 mobs, and get out.

You are thinking in the right direction though -- increased risk, increased reward.

girana

Grandmaster
@girana -- you voted other, did you have a reason to add?

noobs and casual players will not see the diffrent between pvp and no pvp zone getting zerged down and quit

such a zone would worked 2.5-3 years ago with 6-7 guild of same size but not know with just 1 guild that want to zerg noobs, casuals and pvmer.

especially with cutting/statting broken as fuck there is no way for blues to force the zerg away

Baby Blue

Master
Me wunt arl da wurld tu be nuh mount so me an' me fullow klompers can klomp da shiny-bolt porpley robe'd oomies

HOOWAH!
Didn't they already add non mount areas for orc rpers? Why not just play the game like everyone else? We want this, we want that... just adapt for fuck sake. Non mount pvp sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

parsnip

Grandmaster
My solution is more inclusive for everyone... not everyone has a PK AND some people may see that the PVP zone is empty and take that opportunity to go in there, kill 20 mobs, and get out.

You are thinking in the right direction though -- increased risk, increased reward.

I don't think it is particularly inclusive. It favours large groups. I can envision $ standing there, each running 3 clients with maxed out tamers, spamming "all guard". Do they really need to profit more?

Derwolf

Grandmaster
The guard zone pvm has got to go its a full blown snooze fest, uof events feel extremely lack luster, boring, 0 risk and the rewards fell off. The old events were great because of the risk + rewards(Zombieland + Trin event 2014+ Battles Event). The old trin event with no guards for two weeks was still the best event to date imo

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
noobs and casual players will not see the diffrent between pvp and no pvp zone getting zerged down and quit

There would be a popup gump explaining that they are about to enter the PVP zone... pretty hard to miss a popup gump that makes you confirm before you enter, newb or not.

such a zone would worked 2.5-3 years ago with 6-7 guild of same size but not know with just 1 guild that want to zerg noobs, casuals and pvmer.

So youre saying its a bad idea because EQMS would dominate the event?

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I don't think it is particularly inclusive. It favours large groups. I can envision $ standing there, each running 3 clients with maxed out tamers, spamming "all guard". Do they really need to profit more?

It favors large groups? The nice thing about UOF now is there are many medium to large sized groups who would enjoy battling it out for control of this area.

If you feel like you wouldnt be able to compete in this area, make some friends who feel the same way and get in there and get your rewards!