Event Suggestion: Add PVP zone to PVE events

Do you support adding a PVP zone to a small portion of PVE events with increased drops

• Total voters

toddyboi

Master
So you are saying we are making these changes off of one person in the minority? For somebody that doesn't even farm? And you're way of resolving that is by creating a faction for one guild? Designing solutions for edge case scenario's is not good time/effort for the team or business in general.

Again, reading comprehension is important here — the comment about 'competitive' pvp had to deal with team events, not 2v2, 3v3, etc in a 10x10 cube. You really have to take your bias against me aside and realize that I am agreeing with you on the basis that is re-purposed elsewhere that makes it beneficial for other functions for the server.
Would be cool to have set up fights in del. From del town to sandpit, perfect for field battles from 5v5- 20v20. Soooo much room!

Lobstarr

Master
But there's a reason a lot of people don't watch Twitch at all, ie, not interested in seeing 2v2 in an MMO lol. I'll watch Server Crashes on PlanetSide 2, but I'd likely fall asleep watching anything smaller than 64v64. So the data is accurate for its userbase, sure, but there are non-users who would rather see more amazing things (or experience it themselves) then d00lz and small team events.

GZ.

Why are we having an argument about why people aren't watching Twitch.tv at all? Unless what you are trying to say is that there is another demographic watching Twitch.tv that doesnt include competitive gaming, which I think you are trying to get at. You design for your biggest user base first then everything else is a value add.

I think what we can agree on that if all those elements were included in the game where the stream could showcase the competitive side and THEN your big chaotic battles, I'm all for it - but you need to have a structure that is inclusive for both.

ton loc

Master
If they do this, we should also get our weekly or monthly 2v2-4v4 tournaments in towns, complete with streams and play by play commentary.

That was a 10x better idea anyways.. I just wish I wasn't the first to post about it, as it could have actually happened and gained traction. Still not completely sure why it hasn't happened.. why turn down a perfectly good example of competition AND advertisement at the same damn time?

.... using @GluttonySDS thought process, this should be a simple, player driven solution: farm the event on a red or factioner if you want pvp.

Oh wait, they would never do that unless at least 8 were logged on. Then how do you split what you make off of a 50k brazier 8 ways? SIGH.