Explain this shit

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
I was dueling a guy in a tournament tonight and I was using a valorite runic large battle axe while he was wearing only exceptional barbed leather armor and I must have hit him at least 25 times during the 10 minutes we were dueling and I don't think I ever once hit him for more than 20 damage.

Things to note:

The axe was in full repair, even double checked it using arms lore during the fight in my disbelief.

My template was:
Healing, Anat, Mage, Resist, Swords, Tactics, LJ (Verified during and after the match, again, in my disbelief)

He was wearing only exceptional barbed leather armor (verified by a guildie in discord who was watching the fight as it was happening and by me after the match)

I am 1000% sure the above are all true.

So what in the fuck would cause me to consistently hit for an average of 15-16 damage in this situation? And don't say "It's just bad luck with RNG", because that many low damage hits is not just bad luck, that's something seriously fucking wrong.

The only thing I could think of would be clothing layer abuse maybe he had like 10 armored robes somewhere? I doubt it though as it looked like he was only wearing a robe and nothing else as far as I could tell, and even if he had 50 AR, I still think I would have gotten at least a few decent hits in the 30s maybe.

This seriously makes no goddamn sense to me, as I'm constantly getting hit by little Tim O Thee at west brit bridge for 40-50+ damage while wearing a full barbed leather suit + armored cap + armored robe + armored cloak and he has some shit bronze runic axe.

I'm not exaggerating here. I was literally watching the damage on every hit after the first few and seeing nothing but "12... 15... 18... 14... 15...."

And I'm not exaggerating about getting hit for 40-50+ regularly by that other axer, either. That situation actually happened.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Have you tested your weapon on other players?

Yes, I've used it in CTF before and it has worked just fine.

There is one thing I just thought of today, but I'm not at home to test it, and I'm going to feel like a real dumbass if this is the case

When you are already holding your weapon of choice in your hand before the duel begins, does the duel auto un-equip your weapon of choice and replace it with a shitty standard exceptional weapon when it starts?

I'm actually thinking this might be the case. I was pretty sure at the time that it was the valorite axe I was holding as I arms lore'd it during the duel, but I am not 100% confident now that I think about it. I was more focused on opening up my skills, clicking arms lore, targeting the weapon, and viewing the results while making sure I'm not getting dropped on at the same time, so it's possible I may not have even noticed if the duel auto swapped my weapon.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
So I just tested it in the duel pits and it does not auto un-equip your weapon and replace it with a standard exceptional one when the duel starts.

And I'm still doing the same shit damage. I'm literally in the pits right now fighting my other character who has 13 AR and hitting for 10...12...15 damage. How is it that I can hit for as low as 10 damage vs someone with 13 ar when using a perfect valorite battle axe in full repair?

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Updated with some actual numbers. These are all consecutive hits in the pits against a char with 13 AR with the axe now in "Looks almost new" condition

13, 17,19,16,12,15,25,15,11,12,24,23,11,14,11,15,16,18,13,11,13,11,20,27,13,17,24,10,12,13,12,17,16

Lexington

Grandmaster
Updated with some actual numbers. These are all consecutive hits in the pits against a char with 13 AR with the axe now in "Looks almost new" condition

13, 17,19,16,12,15,25,15,11,12,24,23,11,14,11,15,16,18,13,11,13,11,20,27,13,17,24,10,12,13,12,17,16

outside the dueling pits?

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
outside the dueling pits?

Looks like it's either a problem with the pits or a problem with my character (I had to use a different character who actually had swords/LJ/tactics/anat). I was wearing the same 13 AR when I tested outside the pits.

This is my template I've been using inside the pits on Arch:

https://ibb.co/cGr7yv

You can see I have all the required skills and that the template is enabled. Most likely cause seems like a problem with the duel pit settings not recognizing certain skills in [templates I guess. Guess the next thing to do is test my LJ char in the pits without using a [templates setting and see if he does shit damage as well.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
Inside pits on a normal LJ char without using [templates:

Looks like a problem with [templates in the pits I guess. Thanks Lexingbro.

Bromista

Grandmaster
@Arch Enemy drasked recently reminded me that there is an option in the hexagram thing on your paperdoll, he posted this pic in a thread I recently made but I have yet to do an event since checking the box. I don't see why it wouldn't work as expected though.

MgJmJbR.png

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
@Arch Enemy drasked recently reminded me that there is an option in the hexagram thing on your paperdoll, he posted this pic in a thread I recently made but I have yet to do an event since checking the box. I don't see why it wouldn't work as expected though.

MgJmJbR.png

It's not the equipment that was the problem, though. I tested the axe out in the pits today and for some reason the damage there is just bugged as fuck. Axe works fine outside of the pits. Actually, it works fine inside the pits as well as long as you are not using [templates to set skills and stats. A swords/LJ char who is not using templates works just fine.

Bromista

Grandmaster
It's not the equipment that was the problem, though. I tested the axe out in the pits today and for some reason the damage there is just bugged as fuck. Axe works fine outside of the pits. Actually, it works fine inside the pits as well as long as you are not using [templates to set skills and stats. A swords/LJ char who is not using templates works just fine.
Oh I get you, yeah that doesn't really help other than to say it's definitely possible they happened because the game absolutely replaces your weapon. Disabling starting equipment will most likely prevent that in the future if it requires further testing but it looks like that's not really necessary. Just work around it by going in without a template and you're good to go eh?

Young Star

Grandmaster
You sure you were setting the correct template at the time? If it isnt working with a template set it seems like you goofed up your skills in the template or picked the wrong one.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
You sure you were setting the correct template at the time? If it isnt working with a template set it seems like you goofed up your skills in the template or picked the wrong one.

I'm 100% sure. I double checked it while I was actually fighting in the tourney, double checked it after the match had ended, and double checked it when I was testing it out again the day after. And I didn't set the template after I had already entered the duel, it was already set beforehand and I checked it during the match when I noticed my damage was terrible.