Explosion Potions: Revised

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
The auto seek is not a problem. The auto hit is (Archery has calculations). Here are my suggestions.
  • End User Movement
  1. Stationary - Increases accuracy of hitting target and/or damage
  2. Mobile - Decreases accuracy of hitting target and/or damage
  • Alchemy + Tactics Skill
  1. Use as part of the calculation for accuracy and/or damage.
  • Target Tile Distance
  1. The distance from the thrower either increases or decreases possible damage/accuracy
There is a huge difference between throwing something (especially mounted) and launching something (Archery).
Besides the timer count down to the potion exploding, like spells, a casting time in a stationary state would help accuracy.
If mounted and moving should affect on accuracy as well.
@Adam @Shane @eppy

K A Z

Grandmaster
What is the business case for why "auto hit" is a problem?

he is bad at UO. Not even trolling here.

I don't get why these suggestions come up after so many yearz of people using explosion potions. One would think that people would shut up about it already.

aIck

Grandmaster
he is bad at UO. Not even trolling here.

I don't get why these suggestions come up after so many yearz of people using explosion potions. One would think that people would shut up about it already.
B-BUT UNBLOCKABLE DAMAGE ON THE RUN AND SCRIPTERS AND PERFECT POT THROWING MACROS AND AND

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
What is the business case for why "auto hit" is a problem?
Archery is auto hit or miss due to calculations. Explosion potions are not hit or miss UNLESS you are too far away. Anyone with a script/macro can be a pro pot thrower without any real skills behind it (besides making the script/macro or copy/paste which is the case 99.% of the time). Drinking potions requires an open hand. Throwing has no requirements besides beat the timer/distance.

This shard adjusts only certain things it seems. Casting times for spells may as well be taken out as well as swing times for weapons for how most expect throwing a exploding potion works. This has nothing to do with sucking. It is a logical observation about mechanics. In fact change everything to a 4 second count down.

Archery has a hit calc because its a single arrow hitting a point.

Explosions potions dont have a hit calc because you dont need to be accurate because it's a freaking explosion.

/thread

Pot damage is already rather low

Are you kidding? Not saying that explo pots need to be changed or anything but I usually get and explo pot to the face dealing like 30 damage when someone chases me. That's not low. Getting chased by someone using explo pots when you have no healing usually means certain death.

drasked

Grandmaster
Are you kidding? Not saying that explo pots need to be changed or anything but I usually get and explo pot to the face dealing like 30 damage when someone chases me. That's not low. Getting chased by someone using explo pots when you have no healing usually means certain death.

+1 for 30 dmg explo pots. Make it happen!

toddyboi

Master
You can't script explode pots on sallos. There is only a handful of people that know how to script and pvp on steam/razor and are probably shitty dexers. This is a very small issue.