fishing

Luer

Journeyman
are there any fishing groups or guilds to be apart of that help each other be safe out there or is it more of a solo, fend for yourself world out on the sea?

Steezie E

Master
Pretty much fend for yourself. If you are doing mibs make sure to recall away as soon as you get the chest and kill the elementals.

The VCC will offer "protection" but is a scam.

Keep your recall button handy and you will be fine.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
are there any fishing groups or guilds to be apart of that help each other be safe out there or is it more of a solo, fend for yourself world out on the sea?
Pretty much fend for yourself. If you are doing mibs make sure to recall away as soon as you get the chest and kill the elementals.

The VCC will offer "protection" but is a scam.
The Vesper Commerce Commission does more than just protect the seas. The "fend for yourself" and "keep the recall button on standby" mentality is not the best way to fish; it is neither efficient nor practical for the fisherman, and lends itself to paranoia and more trouble than it's worth. Seriously, fishing is how our first licensee (and now the Commission's Registrar and Chairman of the upcoming Vesper Fishing Cooperative, Mister Merrman) afforded his ~55,000,000 gold 30x30 (which is currently being fashioned into a fortress for the militant branch of the Commission).

However, that came with exceptional knowledge, skill and ease of fishing, all of which is shared openly among the licensees and privateers of the Commission. Doing it on your own is hardly so profitable. Our licensees are able to pay their weekly fees in a few hours of fishing, and easily pay for the month in a single day; more intrepid and dedicated sailors will cover the costs in half that time. The benefits are innumerable: protection at sea from licensure enforcement by being a legally registered fisherman on the privately owned waters of Sosaria; defense from pirates and rescue options should your ship be engaged or invaded by monsters; culling of the competition by safeguarding whirlpools and any areas you fish in; shared information regarding the trade, how to make your fishing experience more efficient, and having access to like-minded friends to help you; and finally, access to trading information, sources and a group that dominates the market on fishing resources and goods.

I assure you there is no scam involved in the Commission. If you look at our licensing thread, you will see with your own eyes how effective the Commission is at its job, with only a handful of expert operators at sea. What we have done with a few no other can do with an alliance - you will see that for yourself should you review the evidence.

I look forward to working with you soon.

Phineas

Master
Look at it this way.. Pay this guy and try to fish back your losses. 150k a month? That's a lot.. now, if you set recall macros, take out a couple mibs.. is it worth it? I mean 20 mibs later you break even with this guy.. for what? lose 5k on a sink, make 100ks on the side.. play smart..

Role player... storied brags about how great he is. Screens of people paying him.. That's who you're dealing with.. smack talk aside..

Luar, messege me,, and I'll teach you how to dodge these clowns

Last edited by a moderator:

Godsrage

Grandmaster
181c5369b1abfa46ee43e82d6d32875f.jpg

here a head up
Vesper Commerce Commission. Fishing licensing program In addition, a weekly fee of 50,000 gold or a monthly payment of 150,000 gold (if paid as a lump sum)
YxXl0G7.gif

what a Joke . VCC !!!!! hahahahaha !

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Luar, messege me,, and I'll teach you how to dodge these clowns
He's really good at running, @Luer, so if you're going that route, Redrum would be the best starting point. Of course, 9/10 engagements end with them dead or sunk instead of running successfully, but still a good start if you're a bottom feeder.

Something tells me you aren't, though. Feel free to reach out to me or my licensees - we'll be happy to answer your questions.

Oddeo

Apprentice
The Trinsic Trolls strike again! They all hate what the VCC does for a reason.. Because we are good at what we do, and they cannot compete. We are always willing to chat and give pointers, licensed or not. Be prepared for a slew of GIF's and bad grammar from Godsrage and other trinzies like him

Godsrage

Grandmaster
hahaha i made 5 mill this month doing MIB while you were sleeping you are a joke VCC hahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

Godsrage

Grandmaster
The Trinsic Trolls strike again! They all hate what the VCC does for a reason.. Because we are good at what we do, and they cannot compete. We are always willing to chat and give pointers, licensed or not. Be prepared for a slew of GIF's and bad grammar from Godsrage and other trinzies like him
when was the last time you seen 5 mill

Oddeo

Apprentice
lol, my favorite thing about godsrage posts are how childish an old man can get.. you killed an afk and cant seem to get over it. too funny, and if it took you a month to get 5 mil from MIB's... your doing it wrong.. hahahaha, nice grammar btw

Sparhawk

Grandmaster

Hi there,
There are most deffinately groups and guilds out there that you can join up with to help you in the seas of sosaria, although they of course vary in size and effectiveness. Fishing in of itself is often considered a solo activity, however if you haven't had much time out there yet, there is more to it than simply 'dipping your rod', should you decide to ply the seas as a true profession. In short this can be viewed as three separate ocean activities (excluding the dock based sea champ and pirating)

Fishing (sea farming for Mibs/Nets/treasure maps)
Is by far the least energy intensive way to yield gold from the seas. Simply buy yourself any boat (npc sold boats can be bought for aprx 35-55k), throw your fisherman (or preferably fishermen x3) on, and sail to deep water and start fishing. Archery or Magery is best to deal with the deep sea/sea serpents that you'll fish up carrying your desired loot, and the fishing skill raises quickly enough that you'll start hauling them in relatively fast even if you don't spend gold on the powerscrolls.(fishing skill goes to 120)
Doing this will yield you mibs, green nets, and lvl 1 tmaps, with the occasional coloured net or ancient mib, both of which fetch aprx 25k
-easily soloable

Fishing up SOS's
SOS's are derived from the mibs you fished up, and give a random location anywhere in the ocean, that if fished, will yield a pair of elemental guardians and a shipwreck chest, with random gold, magical items, gems, regs etc. this can be quite profitable if you set yourself up to do it properly. There is a chance one of the Elementals will be Osiredon, who drops a host of lesser rares, and the deep water elemental itself can drop a barnacle ingot.
-Soloable, very profitable when done properly

Fishing Whirlpools
Whirlpools are a little more complex to solo, and you benefit greatly from conducting these with other fellow fishermen/pvmers. The spawn varies per whirlpool instance, however the harder ones will have waves of mobs including deep water Elementals and leviathans, combined with snakes and skeletons spawning on your fishing vessel, requiring at the least, multiple characters to have a reasonable chance of success. Whirlpools can drop any number of rares, some of them like the barnacle clothing, can fetch more than most relics.
-Difficult to solo without established characters and good coordination. High chance of pvp conflict.

That all being said, the first comes at little risk and proportional reward to it. You can launch from anywhere, death will not seem too much of a loss, and with 3 active fishermen you'll still have a decent cash flow. The second, despite some of the suggestions above, can be extremely lucrative if you put the time into it. 5m is chump change for a month really when focusing on the task instead of dying to privateers. It's also not as simple as recalling out and sacrificing your ship and contents, should you be caught unlicensed. given the random location nature of SOS's, you ll spend far more time (lost revenue) resetting up and traveling back to your then current route than the outlay for protection. Whirlpools are a step up again in danger, as the location of the whirlpool is broadcasted to anyone who pays the 10k to the npc. The VCC actively patrols whirlpools when licensees are doing them, which is probably why nobody sees the likes of Godsrage at these anymore. Additionally to have better chances of rares youll want to be rolling with at least the trawler upgrade, upping your risk profile considerably.

TLDR?

Drop me a line, with ongoing VCC protection I've set up a non guild entity called the Vesper Fishermans Cooperative. This group is made up of many active seafaring licensees and judging by your questions, could be just what your looking for in terms of information and support.

Best of luck on the seas!

Godsrage

Grandmaster
yes you can solo the wp.it is tricky as hell but you can I have solo by my self for months . I got tired of the junk form them.the same thing over and over .I head the GM were going to do new items and updating the wp. that news was back in July last year the Gm were talking about it 99.9 % that for got about it or something else came up for them may be it all of us put the BS to the side and talk to the gm may be we can get the new items

Godsrage

Grandmaster
if anyone has any questions on fishing we all will be happy to answer them me, Rumple, Dewderonomy, Yoar anyone out at sea we are the top Fisher / Pirates / Friends we all did it all and more so all questions are welcome