Fix weapon damage

besttherewas

Grandmaster
Is it just me or this ar patch has made shit even buggier?

Vanq Spears hitting for 5-9hp consistently vs barbed ar etc

I was using barbed the other day on one of my mages, I actually felt sorry for my victim. His hits were doing practice weapon damage. Literally magic arrow dmg lol.

Even hammers doing wack dmg.

halygon

Grandmaster
Is it just me or this ar patch has made shit even buggier?

Vanq Spears hitting for 5-9hp consistently vs barbed ar etc

I was using barbed the other day on one of my mages, I actually felt sorry for my victim. His hits were doing practice weapon damage. Literally magic arrow dmg lol.

Even hammers doing wack dmg.
Oh most definately, I think the AR is too powerful now. The same folks I was destroying before, I can't even make a dent in now with a power war hammer. But you know what, at least the publish was a step in the right direction.. @Adam only needs to tweak it further to make it more balanced. Right now, I don't even play my dexxor because I feel so weak with him -- I gotta stick to my faction mage for pvp.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
Oh most definately, I think the AR is too powerful now. The same folks I was destroying before, I can't even make a dent in now with a power war hammer. But you know what, at least the publish was a step in the right direction.. @Adam only needs to tweak it further to make it more balanced. Right now, I don't even play my dexxor because I feel so weak with him -- I gotta stick to my faction mage for pvp.

I must agree.
ATM if your wearing no-low ar you get wrecked.
If your wearing mid-high ar its like they are beating you with a limp noodle.

Super Trammie

Apprentice
I generally run around in full invul leather (45+ar) on my mage and while I'm no longer being hit for 65 damage from war hammers, or 40 damage from spears, a crushing blow from a vanq hammer still does around 40-50 damage.

On my lj'er I usually hit anywhere from 15-40 damage (against barbed, I assume) with a vanq. Even with a qstaff on my alchy macer I'm constantly hitting in the mid 20's.

I feel like this patch has done a lot to even out the playing field and personally don't feel too "buffed" or "nerfed" on either end. Fencing may be the only thing needing a look at, as I don't have a fencer and cannot comment on current damage output.

All in all, I'm enjoying the PvP here much more than earlier in the shards life and I hope it continues this way.

halygon

Grandmaster
I generally run around in full invul leather (45+ar) on my mage and while I'm no longer being hit for 65 damage from war hammers, or 40 damage from spears, a crushing blow from a vanq hammer still does around 40-50 damage.

On my lj'er I usually hit anywhere from 15-40 damage (against barbed, I assume) with a vanq. Even with a qstaff on my alchy macer I'm constantly hitting in the mid 20's.

I feel like this patch has done a lot to even out the playing field and personally don't feel too "buffed" or "nerfed" on either end. Fencing may be the only thing needing a look at, as I don't have a fencer and cannot comment on current damage output.

All in all, I'm enjoying the PvP here much more than earlier in the shards life and I hope it continues this way.
What bothers me here is that you feel all the numbers that you just threw out there sound good.

You are talking about a invul leather set, which lets be honest, is what most experienced pvpers are rollin in these days. If I am using a run of the mill fielding weapon, usually GM-Power range. I pretty much have no chance against you as a mage. I do assume that with a invul set of armor that my damage should be reduced, but not to the point that a Power weapon does minimal damage to you. This means that to stay competitive in the DPI range, I HAVE to use a gold runic+. Which is fine on UOG uoforever, but runics are rare here and there is much more emphasis on GM-Vanq weapons here. So all in all, even with your numbers, armor is too powerful at the moment for this Shard.

If gold and aggy runics were more common, I would say we are all good, but that just isn't the culture on this Shard.

NoXXeD

Grandmaster
What bothers me here is that you feel all the numbers that you just threw out there sound good.

You are talking about a invul leather set, which lets be honest, is what most experienced pvpers are rollin in these days. If I am using a run of the mill fielding weapon, usually GM-Power range. I pretty much have no chance against you as a mage. I do assume that with a invul set of armor that my damage should be reduced, but not to the point that a Power weapon does minimal damage to you. This means that to stay competitive in the DPI range, I HAVE to use a gold runic+. Which is fine on UOG uoforever, but runics are rare here and there is much more emphasis on GM-Vanq weapons here. So all in all, even with your numbers, armor is too powerful at the moment for this Shard.

If gold and aggy runics were more common, I would say we are all good, but that just isn't the culture on this Shard.

I don't think we want gold and agapite runics flooding here. It would be a clusterfuck of dexxers

Super Trammie

Apprentice

You are talking about a invul leather set, which lets be honest, is what most experienced pvpers are rollin in these days. If I am using a run of the mill fielding weapon, usually GM-Power range. I pretty much have no chance against you as a mage. I do assume that with a invul set of armor that my damage should be reduced, but not to the point that a Power weapon does minimal damage to you. This means that to stay
competitive in the DPI range, I HAVE to use a gold runic+. Which is fine on UOG uoforever, but runics are rare here and there is much more emphasis on GM-Vanq weapons here. So all in all, even with your numbers, armor is too powerful at the moment for this Shard.

I used vanqs as my example in all those damages. If you're unable to equip yourself with high-end gear, why do you feel like you should be able to compete with people who do? Makes zero sense that someone with a GM-Force weapon should be doing significant damage to someone rolling an invul set.

Power weapon damages are fine as well. I'm usually rolling a power hammer on my alchy macer, as vanqs are hard to come by these days. If you're unable to compete with mages running around in barbed leather, maybe the weapon damage isn't the problem...

halygon

Grandmaster
I used vanqs as my example in all those damages. If you're unable to equip yourself with high-end gear, why do you feel like you should be able to compete with people who do? Makes zero sense that someone with a GM-Force weapon should be doing significant damage to someone rolling an invul set.

Power weapon damages are fine as well. I'm usually rolling a power hammer on my alchy macer, as vanqs are hard to come by these days. If you're unable to compete with mages running around in barbed leather, maybe the weapon damage isn't the problem...
Swing and a miss.

The point I am making is that even with a Power weapon, you are insignificant if your opponent wears invul leather. This means that to actually fight anyone, you will need a vanq or higher weapon. Invul armor is not end-game equipment on this shard but a vanq or higher weapon is.

Invul leather should still be whooped up on by power weapons. Its friggin leather. You are a mage. Weapons hurt.

Super Trammie

Apprentice
Power hammers consistently hit me from 20-40 damage. I tend to hit people for 25-50 with a power hammer wearing barbed leather. You're saying these damages aren't high enough for you?

Come on now. Lets get serious. This is the most balanced PvP we've had on this shard in terms of mage vs dex. Hell, even with the nerf poison alchys are still the most OP template on the shard. If we went back to the previous model, a war hammer + pot would do 85+ damage over 4 seconds, in which time you're already swinging again.

They got it right with this patch.

halygon

Grandmaster
Power hammers consistently hit me from 20-40 damage. I tend to hit people for 25-50 with a power hammer wearing barbed leather. You're saying these damages aren't high enough for you?
I am assuming you mean when you get a crushing blow because those numbers are no where near as accurate for a normal hit. Regardless of the numbers we throw up here, the truth of the matter is that there is still some tweaking to do as the armor is a bit too powerful.

Hell, even with the nerf poison alchys are still the most OP template on the shard.
Agreed, they nerf poisoning and then buff it in other ways so the template is still OP.

If we went back to the previous model, a war hammer + pot would do 85+ damage over 4 seconds, in which time you're already swinging again.
No one wants to go back to the previous armor model. It sucked really. So I agree with you here.

What we have here is a UOG uoforever armor setup with UOF weapon balance. The two don't work because weapons are weaker here due to the lack of runic weapons. On uoforever I would never even think of going out on my dexxor with less than a Gold runic or vanq weapon. It really should not be that way and because here runics are rare (as they should be), the AR cannot be as powerful as it is on uoforever.

Gareth

Apprentice

I have to disagree with your statement that invulnerable leather is not end game, but Vanq weapons are. I find it extremely easy to acquire vanq weapons and there are loads of them out there. Having multiple full sets of invul leather is far more difficult. Most of the time I am wearing barbed leather and most of the people I fight are in the same. Sure, there are those who are invulnerable'd up at all times, but there are far more I see running with Vanqs.

halygon

Grandmaster
I have to disagree with your statement that invulnerable leather is not end game, but Vanq weapons are. I find it extremely easy to acquire vanq weapons and there are loads of them out there. Having multiple full sets of invul leather is far more difficult. Most of the time I am wearing barbed leather and most of the people I fight are in the same. Sure, there are those who are invulnerable'd up at all times, but there are far more I see running with Vanqs.
I never leave the house on my mage without at least a Fortification or higher set of leather on. Its ridiculous how much magic armor has been stocked up over the last year as there was no reason to wear it before as barbed was good enough. Now that armor is worthwhile, there is an overflow of well armored PvPers on the field. If you want end game armor, look to runic barbed suits. In my dexxor I roll with Barbed runic bone armor and it puts out an easy 60+ AR.

As far as weapons go, there are a ton of certain types of vanqs, but for the most part the big ones are far and few in between. Like war hammers, halberds, Katanas, Krysses, short spears, etc. If you want a vanq axe though.. dear god you can find thousands for sale. So no, most people do not use vanq for every day fighting. Its rare to see other people with Power weapons.