Get rid of Explotion potions

MZ3K

Grandmaster
Pots should do a lot more damage against mobs.

That would motivate some people who don't yet pvp to get handy with pots and make it easier for them to get into pvp. If more of those toons had alchemy on their template, there would be more fair-fights against reds, which would be more fun for both players (you would think).

MZ3K

Grandmaster
I would rather staff take the time to balance several things to create a better PvP experience than to leave things the way they are because it "works" At this point I just don't understand why people would play this game for any reason besides PvM/pixel collecting, I mean honestly. I play other games to get my PvP on anymore because rofl. It's fine if you "enjoy" the PvP here, but you need to also consider that there are tons of people that play those terrible phone games and Facebook games and "enjoy" those too.

That deserves to be said again.

lollo

Grandmaster
you need to understand PvP need to balanced around 10-15 ppl that cant kill each other 1on1 w/o that stupid burst of explo pots, lighting wands and firehorns.

You can't kill anyone without a nightmare and a dragon, shut up please.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I just feel like in current state, the function and use of alchy bonus waters down the variety of gameplay rather than adds diversity.

I don't like that people immediately go to 7x alchy to test their mettle against one another. There's tons of variety in UO combat but no one gives a damn about anything but 7x alchy. Must have alchy to kill. Endless running. Shit is getting old it's the same damn discussion every time just make a sister shard called UO Alchy Wars and gtfo.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I just feel like in current state, the function and use of alchy bonus waters down the variety of gameplay rather than adds diversity.

I don't like that people immediately go to 7x alchy to test their mettle against one another. There's tons of variety in UO combat but no one gives a damn about anything but 7x alchy. Must have alchy to kill. Endless running. Shit is getting old it's the same damn discussion every time just make a sister shard called UO Alchy Wars and gtfo.

I think I understand where you're coming from but I'm not sure the combination of removing alchy bonus while implementing mount fatigue would result in what you desire. What you might end up with are two people stuck on screen fighting a long battle until someone runs out of regs, bandages, heal pots, etc.

There are other tweaks worth considering. Bandage timers could be lengthened. The armor nerf could be lifted. Then there's also casting timers, chance to resist percentage, spell damage, and other factors to consider.

You mention diversity of gameplay which IMO is always fun. The 7th skill slot is usually where the variety comes into play. Do you have any specific recommendations on how to spice up different builds?

drasked

Grandmaster

I think this only applies to 1vX (a small portion of UOF PVP) where stun alchy is considered the most skill based form of combat, a meta that has been enjoyed by people for the past 10 years on UO:R freeshards. (and i would say that some dexer alchy templates are up there)

When it comes to group pvp many templates are viable of which alchy is not very popular.

MZ3K

Grandmaster
You mention diversity of gameplay which IMO is always fun. The 7th skill slot is usually where the variety comes into play. Do you have any specific recommendations on how to spice up different builds?

If the diversity consists in 1 skill difference, then I don't think there is much diversity to speak of.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I think I understand where you're coming from but I'm not sure the combination of removing alchy bonus while implementing mount fatigue would result in what you desire. What you might end up with are two people stuck on screen fighting a long battle until someone runs out of regs, bandages, heal pots, etc.

There are other tweaks worth considering. Bandage timers could be lengthened. The armor nerf could be lifted. Then there's also casting timers, chance to resist percentage, spell damage, and other factors to consider.

Not so much specific recommendations for fear of changing too much of the core game, because without it what's the point. There's only so many skills to choose from for influencing PvP and we're kind of at the limit.

That being said I think general changes that would encourage on-screen fighting alone are going to open up the PvP scene a little more for dexers, hybrids, rarely seen nox mage builds. But that's gonna require balancing of several mechanics and nobody wants to deal with all that so pots it is.

And you kinda touched on it when you mentioned a fight ending because a player ran out of oddball resources...how often does that even happen nowadays?

Thing is part of my bias is I kinda half suck with pots...and yet I have very few builds without alchy and I wish that weren't the case.

In a perfect world running would only be semi-viable and consume resources from all parties involved, not demand resources from those chasing in order to land a kill if that makes sense.

The reason is some tmap spot I recall into have some monsters that I might have to take care of 1st and move away from spot - just easier to use sextant instead of recalling back home then back

Understood on potions :(
Try using the coordinates in your razor/uosteam map instead... free and cannot lose it.