Guide: Resource/Mod Default Prices

hubcap

Grandmaster
id be ok with 200 per. for sand......
it takes a bit longer to mine than ore and at that price, glassblowers have a better margin to work with.
50per is too cheap, and 500 is pricey, imo.

whatta yall think?

hubcap

Grandmaster
colored scales can be tricky, too, because if you commodity deed a large amount of them, it doesnt tell you what color they are............
(unless there is some way to tell without clicking it?)

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
colored scales can be tricky, too, because if you commodity deed a large amount of them, it doesnt tell you what color they are............
Either they can change the text or the color of the deed to the color of the item

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
When I sell, i use scale examples above so people know which scale color they're buying. As merchants, you don't take advantage of your clients that way. otherwise, your rep goes into the crapper.

hubcap

Grandmaster
good idea Jedi................Ill be sure to do that in the future. Not sure why I didnt think of doing so......

I sell them cheaper than what has been recommended in this thread, so, hopefully, that offset any potential bad blood between me and a customer. Totally not intentional. I try to run a fair bizz. ;)

hubcap

Grandmaster
Yeah Iron is now heavily used but the range of 8-10 sound like a start.
Ive noticed iron ingots selling fast as well....
I just pinned it to a little influx of blacksmiths getting started.....didnt even think about the new ships.......
either way......we might want to pin iron ingots @10 per......seems very fair considering the effort put into digging iron ore vs the rate they are being bought up.

Last edited by a moderator:

hubcap

Grandmaster
Glad youre doing this, Blaine....

If all the crafters out there keep contributing, this could be an invaluable resource for everyone on the shard.
Of course it can be adjusted over time, but, like you said, its a good idea to get a low 'baseline' started so we all know what pricing is fair.

+1 dude for taking the time to post up all of your ideas.....
You sure do have many very good ones.

-cap

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
Well this is will be the base. Reasons for the economic flux will be seen in the variations of prices/what's hot what's not. Someone wants a price check on something simple point them here. They'll have the first version of the crafters bible.

hubcap

Grandmaster
The sad part is that scales don't matter they all have the same properties. Nothing like Iron to Valorite at all. The no dex loss is great tho.

If this is the case, should we just assign one flat value to all dragon scales no matter the color?
Folks? (im leaning on the more seasoned sellers/crafters out there because I want to get my pricing as close to theirs as possible. I dont want to undercut anyone else (by TOO much) nor do I want to rape any customers.)

Sound off all you salty cats!

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I'm just doing what I was doing for my guild when it was around in numbers. Now on a much wider spectrum. Community contributions come in many forms. Some may hate each other hardcore, but there's the common ground of we are here.

hubcap

Grandmaster
another reason its beat that the harder to get scales dont translate into any better attributes to the final armor made from said scales.

Im coo with what y'all posted as far as prices, but, I understand the apprehension to buy the more expensive ones if it doesnt mean better armor. Just prettier colors.

thriftyuoplayer

Grandmaster
I hate to be a Sand griefer, but one sand makes 1 empty bottle, bottles are 5gp :D

@hubcap Maybe we can agree on 100gp-200gp for the price of sand.

Green Thorns and Orange Petals 250gp-500gp (sorry but 1k each is overkill)

Red Rose Petals from Valentines Day Roses 100gp (This is what I'd pay)

hubcap

Grandmaster
I hate to be a Sand griefer, but one sand makes 1 empty bottle, bottles are 5gp :D

VERY good point but not everyone who buys glass makes bottles with them....usually they make the fancy colored vials and bubbling dildos that sell for thousands, so there has to be some sort of middle ground.....

Maybe we can agree on 100gp-200gp for the price of sand.
since this thread started, I dropped my sand prices to 100 per and now I cant keep it on the vendor...............

Green Thorns and Orange Petals 250gp-500gp (sorry but 1k each is overkill)

I sell vines ALL DAY long at 1500 per. I see no problem with having thorns cost 1k per.
Petals, imo, are more valuable than deco items but, I cant sell them for more than 500gp per, so, 250-300gp per sounds VERY fair.....considering all the potions that are burned growing them............

Red Rose Petals from Valentines Day Roses 100gp (This is what I'd pay)

I dont sell these or use these, but, 100gp per sounds more than fair for them to me..........

thoughts?

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
I used to be the only one with a garden selling petals and thorns. I made a lot since the price was much much higher.
And for Sand - I'll put 100-200 as a base. Anything else would be market influenced.

hubcap

Grandmaster
*nods*
unless anyone else has a stone to throw into the well.....

100/per for sand sounds ok to me.