Harder rules

Amsterdamaged

Apprentice
I wish this shard was a little bit harder. Like not 100% secure housing, no safe trade area, able to recall after initiate battle and magic jewelry/wands/bolas.

mynameis

Adept
I kinda agree with *slightly* harder rules (cuz little tweaks add up alot). I'm fairly new but I was thinking in PvE arena more than PvP (not necessarily fighting). I'm not a big fan of no recall/gate if gray, but it hasn't really been an issue with other players. More of I just looted a blue corpse that was mine anyways but blue for some reason?

I've never used the docks but I like the idea. Thieves already get good things from people not using them and it is important to be able to trade big items safely. I think recall/gate should only be a short timer or 30-60secs? Or if you're engaged with another player.

PvE a lot of skills should be harder to GM (not taming omg..) and acquiring gold should be slightly harder. Like all spawn has 10% less gold or something. So mongbats would lose 2gp? And dragons 150gp. Doesn't really make a huge difference to individuals but still makes it harder and drains the entire economy a lot. A few other things but skills and gold are to big one that should be harder

Gedron

Master
I definitely agree with no safe trade area's, though with that, stealing needs to be overhauled as well. I have to disagree with you on the ability to recall after initiating a fight. I don't think people should be able to engage you in a fight and then recall out when it doesn't go their way. Sure they can off screen, but at least you can still catch them if you're good.

I'm on the fence on wands... I think it's a double-edged sword, but I definitely believe bolas should remain OUT of play. Not only do they make bola tamers unstoppable, but they bring a similar issue I see with wands to the fight - you *have* to have that item, or you will be at a severe disadvantage. It just makes pvp too item-dependent in my opinion.

I like the idea of less gold and I would love to see magic drops cut more... like 1 vanq a month low. I have so many power and vanq weapons its ridiculous. I would love to see that all go away so GM items are the norm instead of high-end magics.

Gore

Adept
I wish this shard was a little bit harder. Like not 100% secure housing, no safe trade area, able to recall after initiate battle and magic jewelry/wands/bolas.

You change that stuff and you lose population. It's really not hard to understand. You have to look at it from Shane's POV and a new player's POV. Figure it out.

mynameis

Adept
I have so many power and vanq weapons its ridiculous. I would love to see that all go away so GM items are the norm instead of high-end magics.

I agree, GM items should be the standard because the best is rarer. But until that change happens, since you have so many, hook it up :)

Amsterdamaged

Apprentice
Yes, the current rule we have now makes the game easier as it reduces the chance of you being attacked by some random cos this guy is gonna think twice before he does that. Also breaks immersion, what if i want to be an assassin, kill the victim fast and then recall home to safety. The best thing imho would be no recall like siege but if recall is here we should be able to use it whenever we want. Forcing situations to players is never good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Amsterdamaged

Apprentice
You change that stuff and you lose population. It's really not hard to understand. You have to look at it from Shane's POV and a new player's POV. Figure it out.
Man ,why you think a new player starts this game instead of thousand of other carebear games? If the elements that make this game dif than the others are removed then there is no point in playing this over any other new game out there.

Amsterdamaged

Apprentice
sounds to me like you don't like to be attacked. want an easier game with no pks maybe or you want to be sure that you are going to gate your other account in to loot your body or whatev. lol

Gore

Adept
sounds to me like you don't like to be attacked. want an easier game with no pks maybe or you want to be sure that you are going to gate your other account in to loot your body or whatev. lol

i love when bad kids make game changing suggestions. LOL

Are you serious?

Your ideas will never be implemented anyway. So balls to you, buddy.