How to determine magic weapons/armor prices?

zekameka

Apprentice
Is there some guide to determine prices or just to understand how powerfull if a certain piece?

One way could be checking for how much an npc vendor wants to buy it. Then add 0 and Thats the price to sell it on my vendor.

For example Mace [Might] sells for 239 gp to a vendor, so sell it for 2390. Mace[Force] - 160 -> 1600. Is this legit?

Is there somewhere written what does each of those properties add to an item?

Josh D

Grandmaster
#1 Price is always determined by the buyers in UOF, there are a lot of alternative routes to go by, so no one "has" to use a specific tool to get the job done.

Basically only buy or sell items that are tier 4 or higher. The rest can be sold to a NPC vendor in town as they have little to no value to players in the game due to the over abundance of tier 4 and higher.

Price effecters -
(basic leather and plate mail = more valuable, other types = less)
Coveted weapon types - bows, kryss, short spear, spear, warfork, katana, halberd, large battle axe, war axe, war hammer) These sell for more than the un-coveted types - everything else.

Tier 4 = (Armor) - Fortification / (Weapon) Power -----These usually are selling for $1-3k depending on weapon and armor type.

Tier 5 = (Armor) - Invulnerability/ (Weapon) Vanquishing ----- Invulnerability armor I find regularly for $2-5k a piece. Vanqs start at around $6-8k, but can jump significantly with tactics modifiers and weapon type. Good weapon types can be $20-25k if +20/+25 tactics. Perfect Katanas I've seen sell for $35k-45k.

Modifiers only really matter with weapons, and accuracy modifiers are all that matter with them as far as price is concerned.

The final screwball to really complicate things is slayer weapons and armor. Basic slayers are $2k-10k depending on if it is a coveted monster type. Super slayers are $5k-15k based on category type. There is a huge range of modifiers to compliment these, which really complicates things so I'll just show some examples.

Snakes bane/ruin/accurate/ - butchers knife....... worth practically nothing to a player
Reptilian Death/Indestructible/Supremely Accurate/Vanquishing - katana ........$200-300k.

Hopefully there was some clarity in there, not just a bunch of confusion.

zekameka

Apprentice
Thanks very much for your reply! This could be used as a guide, did clarify much.

So basically everything that is lower than tier 4 is crap and is sellable to npc.

Josh D

Grandmaster
Yeah ruin, might, force weapons are ONLY worth keeping if they have a decent slayer type - dragon, repond, etc.. The armour types are just sellable. Exceptional crafted weapons add a +4 bonus damage modifier, which is between might (+3) and force (+5). SO if you get crafted slayers they are 99% going to be +4 damage + double slayer damage. So a ruin + repond isn't as good as a crafted one...which are common enough, but it still could sell on a vendor.

Young Star

Grandmaster
For slayers, keep in mind that exceptionally crafted slayers are essentially like a force slayer. So even a plain super slayer will not be too expensive.

I usually find invul for 1-2.5k depending on durability. Sometimes ill buy at 3k but anything higher IMHO is getting douchey.

One thing i think is off from Josh's info on popular weapons is the large battle axe. The most popular one is the double axe. The LBA is the biggest hitting but also the slowest. The double has more balance. For loot though axers will use pretty much all of them except hatchets if they are power with good tactics bonus or higher. Crafting though your best bet is double.

Josh D

Grandmaster
Yeah, Ill admit, I don't know axes much at all. I have a lumberjack, but that is what he does...chop wood :)

Young Star

Grandmaster
I do like the LBA for the big thumping hits when in a group where I rarely would be on the target long enough to get more than 1 swing in at a time. By itself it is way too slow and most people can heal up between swings.

Tydeus

Master
If it is not at least better than bronze runic weapons (Power +15) and of a weapon type that is worthwhile, just sell it to an NPC.

I'd add double axe into the list of worthwhile weapons - that is better than large battle axe.

http://www.uoforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Weapons

You can see here all of the axes, and LBA is no better than Two-handed axe and the Battle Axe, other than possibly slightly better HP. Double axe does 5-35 DMG, but swings at a speed of 37 compared to 30 of the axes that do 6-38 and 5-39. Basically, all of those axes are good, with swing speed being the most important, IMO. Hatchets and pickaxes are crap. With a swing speed of 37, the Axe (6-33), Double Axe (5-35), and Executioner's Axe (6-33) are about even, since HP is the less important of all weapon properties.

For bows, the logical choice is the standard bow for PvE, with the Xbow coming in second. What matters most is range with those weapons, and standard bows have the largest range. The X-bow is not too far behind, but it has less range and 2 less speed.

Knives/Daggers are worthless, just sell them (even if vanq).

War axe, war hammer, and Quarterstaff are the worthwhile mace weapons.

I do not even need to say that the Katana is the best 1-h weapon, to the point that it would be somewhat dumb not to use swordsmanship if you are using just 1-h. Kryss is not far behind, but it swings slightly slower. Players would only use a kryss if they switch up between 2-h weapons for para blows.

Lady Macbeth

Grandmaster
Completely agree with everyone here. It's a waste of gold and time to put any weapons less than power on vendors. I just saw some vendors selling force and might for 999 gp... It's a commerce suicide. Even it's a power weapon, you should only sell popular weapons that are mentioned above. Anything else sell them to NPC.

I don't think there's standard pricing rule on magic weapons that is timeless. But you can merely go thru auction or selling threads in the forum to get some ideas. You gotta play around the pricing and see how fast do ur items get sold, and then adjust your pricing.

I will attach a good reference that I use a lot for pricing. Like I said nothing is timeless. Price changes all the time as the game evolves. However, I find this reference a good starting point.

http://www.uoforum.com/threads/guide-resource-mod-default-prices.60640/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: