How to fix luring pets and add a new gold sink From a Non-Tamer Perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostyX

Neophyte
Shane, and the UOF community. I have seen lately guilds and players luring and trapping pets and then either letting them decay or having poor tamers pay thousands of gold to get them back. This not only will hurt player base but it is awful losing something you've worked hard to earn. Especially when it comes to taming and how hard it seems to gain skill here. I don't have a tamer but seeing that taming SS have ranged from 300k all the way down to 150k since my time here I can certainly say it is very difficult to train.
Solution: Add an NPC who can bring your followers back to you once a day for 50k or whatever you think is a reasonable price. I was thinking 10k per follower slot. This such npc will only work once a day so if you get your pets lured again that's your fault you can go back the next day or use that pet summoning ball to get them back. Instead of players being able to blackmail players using their pets you could create a gold sink that would not only help fix a problem but actually help the economy out a bit.
Just a thought.
Remember this is coming from a pk who would never play a tamer.

halygon

Grandmaster
There is already a fix for this -- Pet Summoning Balls. Each charge is actually around 35k or so (cheaper than your 50k). There is the initial cost to buy the summoning ball and it only works for the pet it is linked to.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Also it's a sandbox game stop trying to put restrictions on everything that everyone is able to do because you don't like it

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388

Status
Not open for further replies.