Infected Wounds Redesign

Cash is King

Grandmaster
I like and support these constructive suggestions - I'd say idea #2 is my favorite idea.

I'll propose another approach. Instead of changing existing relics just add 1 more relic to each talisman class. This gives everyone an option for the 4th relic without having to change the existing relics (although a tweak to phase and infected wounds would still be amazing!).

For the zerker tali, I suggest a relic called Adrenaline Rush that reduces swing cool-down by 25% (so you swing faster) for 15-20 seconds with a 30-45 second cool-down after activation. You get the idea.

I maxxed out my zerker a while ago and haven't even considered getting infected wounds. I even got the relic from arch and just sold it. Not worth the effort unfortunately (not to knock the staff - original intention was a good concept it just isn't useful).

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
You can if you gm poisoning.

Ok, I didn't know this. I thought all having GM poisoning did was allow you to inflict 6th level poison when you carry deadly poison pots. Didn't know it also allowed you to poison all monsters.

But I still think that the relic should allow you to poison all monsters *without* GM poisoning. Maybe at level 10 the relic could allow 6th level poison when you carry deadly poison pots, just as if you had GM poisoning. Still seems like a decent buff to me without being OP.

Young Star

Grandmaster
I thought the same.

@Young Star Do you have a zerker with GM poisoning?
No I do not. I have played with a few that have GM'd it and they can poison all the bosses like the meta spider does with lethal poison. I don't think any mob in the game is immune to lethal.

Now the problem with zerker is that 2 of the relics' benefits are tied to skills. Phase Shift and Infected wounds. The defense and the magi do not have any of their relics tied to having specific skills. Now having said that I am willing to bet that staff is more likely to tie skills into additional relics for those two talismans before they would remove the skill requirements for the berzerker relics.

halv

Grandmaster
Posting aniversary is coming up in 13 days. Almost a year now and still no comment on that issue.

Xiulan

Master
Infected wounds is great, especially if you have gm poison. Stop complaining people.

Great how? I haven't had mine long but so far it doesn't really seem worth leveling. I wish there was a refund system for relics, I'd trade in my phase shift, tread and infected wounds and use the money to make a rogue.

Decoy

Grandmaster
I've tried it with GM poison on test center and I thought it was underwhelming. I tested it this same month on the MOTM (snow elementals). I was wrecking them before any substantial damage could occur form the poison. It just seemed very minuscule to the overall damage output of a zerker.

Volros

Neophyte
It seems like DOT mechanics are contrary to the berserker in a sense that we try to frontload or drop as much damage all at the same time. Perhaps let infected wounds carry the damage of all poison ticks forward for a explosion of poison damage. For instance, lvl 1 for infected wounds relic combines 2 ticks of whatever poison pot is being carried by player (allow gm poisoning to up pot lvl by 1). This could be calculated and added separate to the actual poison ticking.

At lvl 10 of the relic it could add in the whole poisons ticks of damage at once or some more logical tick count to make it scale appropriately. This way it still works with poison pots, poisoning skill, with zerk mentality of frontloaded damage, you don't need to worry about mobs who instantly cure, etc... and say they can't cure well then the poison will run its natural course in addition.

Just my 2 cents and a bump for the thread as I start down the long journey of rolling a zerker.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I dunno guys this is tough. Zerker is already so strong and generally speaking it's a hit and run playstyle so the idea of a relic that fills the role of passive damage over time has plenty of merit. You already have overkill on low to mid grade spawn so the idea of getting more up-front damage through infected wounds doesn't pass muster with me.

Not sure I'm a fan of improved ability to deliver poison without investing in the skill either. Have to make some tough choices sometimes.

Maybe just cut the time down between ticks and/or reduce the damage if needed to keep things balanced?

Volros

Neophyte
Poison pots aren't cheap to be using on the regular, and it is ineffective against almost any magic mob out there... plus there is no real reward for running poison in a template (but it would be a good alternative to every other dexxer running arms lore which is a boring skill to take up a skill slot). One well placed double strike would do well over the damage of carrying forward poison damage, so maybe this would 1) drive up the demand for infected wounds relic, 2) promote build diversity (oh with a skill that may help when pk's flood in and swarm you), and 3) give some alternative to double strike being the all powerful answer (think of it as a double strike for poison damage).

I'm only lvl 2 on my zerker, have no hope in seven hells to earn enough money or get a double strike to drop, and am realizing that I spend more time face down running around as a glass hammer build than any other character previously. There should be some incentives (and not just double strike) to going with a zerk build. Seeing my buddies who went tank and mage meta, I'm thinking I was the moron.

I was hopeful when I saw this thread that a cheaper to attain relic may eventually be useful (even though I dread raising poisoning). I hope that the developers strongly consider this thread too. Keep the dream alive! :)