Introduce yourself (2015) (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briggs

Novice
Hey all names Scott(real name) joined a few days ago and enjoying the old uo feel I remember back I the day. Reds running around everywhere always afraid of losing the sweet weapon you just found and using. (Lost a few already to reds). My characters are Aramil cassidy and Briggs Cassidy. I'm actually looking for a few people to run with maybe a guild or something to get into champ spawns etc etc. Its nice to meet you all and hope to be around for many years to come.

Derek Ridley

Neophyte
Hi, I'm BOOM BOX BANDIT on the game, I been playing for Long time when they use to pay but recently got back in this for about month or so now. I want buy a house, and I'm an avid worker.... I want to work for someone, team up, and set up a vendor somewhere either thru rental or 1 at a house I'm build for someone to buy the stuff they need. Would be very best prices. Let me know!

ShinPi

Grandmaster
Hi all shinpi here in game as well as TheMain. Rl "Reggie" beeeez the name. Been here right at 2 years and love it. Im still lost in the woods the any help!!! I hear there is a bank

Phineas

Master
Rumple here.. Played OSI Catskills 98-08. Finally broke the addiction, was able to leave my support group, didn't need a counselor anymore.. Then a friend told me about this shard bringing back the old Fel days. So I made the mistake of loading it up, and got addicted all over again. I've played UOF for a yr and a half now, and have been having a blast since day one. I've met some cool folks and I've met some real $%^&8*&$*'s, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Poon Doctor

Master
Hello I've played as Poon Doctor on most private servers, usually t2a, and I'd have to say this one has been the best.

I also played Atlantic from 97-UOR and then played Chesapeake UOR-AoS.

Besides UOF I also play - Heroes of the Storm and League of Legends.

kmotion

Apprentice
This is an old intro i wrote for a different board a few years back, but it still seems relevant here, so here goes..

After a 15 year hiatus, Darkmoon the land barron returns, and it feels great to be back!!
cheesy.gif

For me, it all started way back in 1996 when I saw an ad in "Computer Gaming World" magazine about a new type of game that was being developed by Origin Systems. The studio's name instantly caught my eye as I'm a fan of the Ultima series, so using AOL 3.0 dial-up(28.8kbps- i was poor at the time) I managed to find the website of this mysterious "new game" and started reading. At the time, there wasn't too much info about it on the website, but I did find the "sign up for beta" section and thought "Doubt I'll get selected, but I'll give it a shot" and mailed my $5.00 and beta application off (YES, you actually had to pay for the beta cd's then). To my surprise, after months and months of waiting, the beta CD arrives in the mail!! I IMMEDIATELY ripped that puppy out of the envelope, slammed it into my PC for installation, and off I went.

Fast-Forward a year or so... I had quit the game for a while due to the horrendus lag I was getting, and I guess I wasn't used to the whole new "persistant world" thing yet. Anyhow, a friend called me one day and during our conversation, he asked if I had ever heard of the game "Ultima Online". Being proud that I was selected as one of the beta testers, I replied nonchalantly "Yeah, I beta tested that game but I don't play anymore". Then my friend replied "I BETA TESTED IT TOO!!!" and I was crushed..
cry.gif
here I was, being naive, thinking that I was the ONLY beta-tester for UO in Hawaii.. boy was I WRONG!

He then suggested that I come back, and offered to help me get started all over again. That was "the straw that broke the camel's back" so to speak, and I was hooked. I played on Baja, and started the long grind to 7x as everyone else did. After countless dying, getting my body looted, etc (learning the ropes), everything changed when He suggested I get into real estate. Being the curious type, I needed to know more, and after explaining to me how it all worked, I quickly found myself with quite a few small properties just begging to be sold.
(If you remember the old tradespot forums, you've prolly seen me posting there)

Fast Forward to 1998-2001
4 accounts with all character slots filled, homes on ALL characters on each account, all characters 7x.. I had my hands full, and UO became quite literally, a "JOB". Three names that stand out when it comes to this period in my UO life are: Markee Dragon, Tellamon, and Dungeon King (dk). At the time, they were the 3 guys I was competing with on Baja, and I know you've heard of a few of those names, if not all. Toward the end, I guess I had burnt myself out BIGTIME, so I threw in the towel and got rid of all of my accounts.. then World of Warcraft arrived, but that's an entirely different story
tongue.gif

So I'm back, and just started playing on a free server with the friend that first got me into MMO's (how's that for ironic!
cheesy.gif
). A LOT has changed in the UO universe, and there's TONS I need to re-learn and, or figure out! New people to meet, new friends to make, new lands to explore!!

In closing,
I won't let myself get as hardcore as I used to be, as UO isn't one of my primary sources of RL income anymore(if you know what i mean
grin.gif
). Now,it'll all be for the fun and for the sport of it, and I'm looking forward to getting every bit of enjoyment from UO that I once did... or should I say- "I'm HOPING to get every bit of enjoyment from UO that I once did"? lol!

Aloha from Hawaii

Budcookie

Grandmaster
2w2opk0.png

Budcookie here, been on UOF for almost 2 years. I run Serpents Auction house and have been doing this since late August 2014. I get lots of donations to give to new players so hit me up if you need help. If you have items to sell or are looking for that one item noone seems to have come talk me and i will find it for ya, for a small fee of course :)

Hi I am Kiria Silverbow... pronounced (Kear-e-uh (or) Kear-e-ah) both will work.
I started on EA/Origin server Catskills in early 2000 just before AoS and moved to Atlantic in August of 2010 to join my current guild "The Syndicate (LLTS)" who has a presence in many games not just UO. While I don't play EA/Origin UO anymore I do play other games my guild is in. I have played UO off and on for many years. I was my first MMORPG and somehow I always come back around to it.
I have loved playing free shards for many years, and have been through many some I loved some I hated some I played till they shut down. Have been gm's, seers and helped build them.
But always just loved playing as a character as well. Earning my gold and having fun. My favorite character is mage first , tamer second, bard third although never have played a bard much but will here.
I am looking forward to meeting and making new friends.

Always looking for fun.
Kiria Silverbow

SirOdious

Novice
SirOdious is my name and I have not played in soooo long but I have been on this shard for a few weeks and cant think of anything I dislike... other than evil PK's

SidX

Grandmaster
I've been here for maybe 10 months and love it.. came to UOF after playing for almost 10 years on Great Lakes (2003-2013) as a few different characters. My main was my red, Wallenstein, and I was in [u1t] back in the day along with [M*A] after [u1t] broke up.. good old times PvPing with [PwNt], [FS!], [BTH] and [BC]. I also played on Sid, my blue tamer, and at one point ran a vendor house called SIDS next to RKmart, for anyone who may remember.

I run The Vesper Trading Company vendor house outside of Vesper and we've been running since about September (?) of 2014. Come on by if you ever need some goods or to setup a free vendor :)

Skye Wolfbane

Governor of Trinsic
Hello!
I'm Alyssa and my main characters here are Skye Wolfbane and Lynnissia Leoden. I'm the GM of The Free City of Trinsic which has been around for almost two years. I started here on UOF 5 days after launch.
I live in Mississippi and I 've been playing UO on and off for 16 years. I played on Catskills for several years. Then jumped from player shard to player shard. I found UOF and have been happy ever since!
I'm a companion, albeit not a very good lately as I've so busy but I am always willing to help new players. I'm also a moderator here on the forum.

aIck

Grandmaster
Hi bois n' girls, I would be aIck.

I discovered Ultima Online because I happened to skim through some Gaming Edition of Guinness' World Records book at my friend's place. For real. It had 2 tiny pictures of UO, but they were enough to spark my interest in the game. Thus in 2008 or 2009 I started my UO life on some Finnish RP Shard called Northern Winds.

After losing loads of progress on my bard due to their strict afk-macroing policies (afk-macriong any skill was a punishable offence) I said "Fuck it" and buggered off. That shard had some really nice systems but no can do.

I didn't really play UO after that aside from trying a bit of uoforever, T2A and Rel Por before it went down. I mostly played TF2, Dota 2 and LoL after that. I'm not quite sure when I stumbled on UO Forever, but I think it was just before the launch. I don't think I started playing at the launch, I was probably a few weeks or months late from that party. Either way, I've enjoyed my stay here since.
Most of that enjoyment I dare to attribute to the fact that I've been part of the Free City of Trinsic for most of my time here. The community and the fact anything can happen outside (and even inside!) the guardzone makes this game something special every other MMO seems to be lacking in.

Cheers!

thriftyuoplayer

Grandmaster
Hi everyone, I've played UO since 1999, mostly off and on nowadays, but I was looking at another server when I found this one, as soon as it downloads I'll be on.. so HI!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.