Lag so bad its unplayable

A Stoned Figure

Grandmaster
The last two weeks if not longer the lag has been worse then ever, its practically unplayable. Is there anything going to be done about this? I know im not the only one experiencing it. Dont believe me? Hit the pits n try to alchy duel, Or the field and try to kite or shit even just try to run anywhere.

I play to pvp, and only get a few hours if that in the evenings to play due to working 12 hour days but with these lag spikes pots blow up in your face, and there is constant freezes. Which makes pvp crap and the least bit fun.

Untill the issues is solved sadly i will not be logging in. nothing has been able to fill UO spot for me so PLEASE address this issue staff.

Last edited by a moderator:

A Stoned Figure

Grandmaster
I have awsome ping, and have no issue with anyother game, i know 100% its not my isp. Ask anyone in the pits how the lag has been i guarantee you will hear the same as my first post

Tac0bell

Grandmaster
I experience this too, my ping is great, usually 30-40, but lately it has been spiking up and down

My ping seems fine outside of UOF (constant ping to Google is stable for example)

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
I have been having bad lag issues as well for about as long as you stated. Constant freezing for 3-5 seconds at a time and sometimes even getting disconnected. It's definitely not just me, as I've seen lots of other people complaining about it at the same times when I'm freezing. I guess it could be an ISP issue confined to a certain region, but seems more likely that someone is DDOSing the server or some shit.

Zoobler

Grandmaster
I've heard of people having issues but I have not had anything out of the ordinary myself...odd

Kael

Master
Been having issues as well. My whole guild will be playing then we all freezing up for a period of time. We have actually had to log out for the night a couple of times when the spikes get too much or people start to get disconnected.

Swayze

Grandmaster
I ran a traceroute for over 4 hours and had no issues.... it could be the route your ISP is taking to the server.

A Stoned Figure

Grandmaster
I have used a vpn to see if that was my issue, and still experienced the lag spikes.

But when you are dueling in the pits n it spikes everyone freezes. Then almost everyone will make a comment about it, so i known its not just me. Everyone of my friends and almost everyone i know experience the spikes also.

Dimok

Master
I'm in Texas, and the lag I've experienced lately is higher then usual. Just walking in a dungeon, it will stop and stutter like the old days( 33.6k times). I double checked my connection and I seem to be ok. Somethings up.

Firecrest

Grandmaster
I went from being insanely fast to having lag spikes. I have changed nothing from a month ago. Maybe a population boom?

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
This should be fixed upon next reboot.

This was server side, and has increasingly been getting worse.
It was a few scripts working together causing it, we've fixed it and should be back to normal next reboot.

locke23

Novice
I feel like I ran into the same problem as you. Try the Sallos client. It worked for me. Not a perfect fix, but hey.