Launcher Beta Test

Staff

Young Player Help
Here's the launcher so far. Post bugs here :)

http://www.uoforever.com/patches/UOFLauncher.zip

Please post a screenshot or the specific error you receive when the application crashes so that I can debug it.

For the launcher to work, you must run the it as an administrator.

Things that need to be tested
  • A fresh install. If youhave the time and patience, try to uninstall UO and do a fresh install via the launcher.
  • Download and unpacking. If you click the buttons at the top right, it should download and unpack the specific client/assist programs for you. Try to click them in succession to try and create some strange input for the client and see how it handles it.
  • Do anything you can to break the launcher.

Last edited by a moderator:

parsnip

Grandmaster
A few notes from my testing. Looks good overall, a couple of observations:

Created a fresh Windows 7 VM using a pre-built VM from Modern.ie
Installer loaded just fine and downloaded and unpacked client without any problems
Tried clicking around like a lunatic, didn't seem to cause any issues
Installed Razor, Steam and Sallos clients successfully

Razor
The servername and port weren't automatically populated but they were on Steam.
Steam
Received a DLL error (MSVCP100.dll missing), to resolve I installed: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=5555
Loading Steam, the negotiation wasn't ticked by default
Sallos
No issues

Tried twice yesterday to get new client/launcher working together. Could bring up the new launcher window but clicking "play" did nothing. Finally went back to old client and launcher. I dont know if it's just me, but a single download with the new client/launcher would be helpful. I have no issues downloading the single package (old client/launcher.)

Edit: I downloaded the new client and launcher while having the old client and launcher installed, then I wiped it all and tried a fresh install of new client and launcher.

parsnip

Grandmaster
Tried twice yesterday to get new client/launcher working together. Could bring up the new launcher window but clicking "play" did nothing. Finally went back to old client and launcher. I dont know if it's just me, but a single download with the new client/launcher would be helpful. I have no issues downloading the single package (old client/launcher.)

Edit: I downloaded the new client and launcher while having the old client and launcher installed, then I wiped it all and tried a fresh install of new client and launcher.

Hmm, strange. Did you install and select a specific client/assist program from the top right before hitting play?
EKsaKbE.png

parsnip

Grandmaster
@Nubias Noxxa It should download from the launcher. If you already had it downloaded, have you made sure to select it in the menu I showed above and then hit Play?

@Adam Looks like the launcher may not play as nicely when there are old instances of clients floating around.

Staff

Young Player Help
If it isn't doing anything then the launcher doesn't know where your razor is at. I'd need to remote in so i can see exactly what is going on.

Skuz'Tavious

Neophyte
I tried downloading and all I get is a "UOFLauncher.exe - .NET framework Initialization Error" have no idea what that even means. Mind you I am in no way computer savvy.

TyraeL!

Master
Are you still getting the error? It would be useful if you shared the extra information within the "click here" bit.

I am not. I don't even recall the specific problem, thus I can't recall the solution but Adam ran through it with me. I think he remoted in for that.

Lithium149

Grandmaster
Nice tried to get a friend into UO a few months back but with the previous launcher we were unable to install any assist program Razor/Steam & Sallos, the new launcher seems like you can download the assist programs again yay!

I'll test it when I try and install on his computer again!