lets talk tamerz

K A Z

Grandmaster
so I PKed some on my 5x lore/taming PK just then and realised once again how freaking ridiculous tamers and all guard me in particular is on UOF. The fact that it's an instant attack and the fact that by saying it a few times your mare will actually CHANGE TARGETS (more disrupts etc.) is just beyond ********, and it's definitely something devs should look at. If someone wud have PKed me the way I PKed noobs today when I first started on UOF, I would have logged out immediately.

My solution:

change all guard me to how it should be (can only use as defensive tool, not as attacking command; short 0,5-1 sec cooldown before pets actually attack; aggro should break when player hides; all kill as sole attacking command).

thankz.

edit:

things this thread is not about:

-re-adding the remount timer for mares (helps nobody / problem would still be there with teleporting dragons)
- pet statloss
- my mum

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
so I PKed some on my 5x lore/taming PK just then and realised once again how freaking ridiculous tamers and all guard me in particular is on UOF. The fact that it's an instant attack and the fact that by saying it a few times your mare will actually CHANGE TARGETS (more disrupts etc.) is just beyond ********, and it's definitely something devs should look at. If someone wud have PKed me the way I PKed noobs today when I first started on UOF, I would have logged out immediately.

My solution:

change all guard me to how it should be (can only use as defensive tool, not as attacking command; short 0,5-1 sec cooldown before pets actually attack; aggro should break when player hides; all kill as sole attacking command).

thankz.

100% this. Pets should be kings of PVE not PVP.

K A Z

Grandmaster
100% this. Pets should be kings of PVE not PVP.

I don't think that pets don't belong in PVP at all as they've always been used but with the current mechanics a 7x mare is better than 90% of this Shard's PVP population (and usually they're also better than the tamers controlling em) - and that's just insane.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Don't forget no stun or weapon specials

I don't mind that. I'm all for variety in PVP and gimp templates - but with the current tamer mechanics a PVP tamer takes zero skill (pets automatically change targets and attack instantly etc. etc.)

Bromista

Grandmaster
Kaz you really fucked up my mounted Provo tamer today who had no pets and was afk.

OP PVP TAMER, NERFFFF ITTTTTT

Na but srsly I have seen this shit in action...LHR, flube, and azria all are abusing the fuck out of this OP shit.

Why did staff go to great lengths to nerf PvP tamers then give them all the power right back? What the fuck was the point of that?

K A Z

Grandmaster
Kaz you really fucked up my mounted Provo tamer today who had no pets and was afk.

OP PVP TAMER, NERFFFF ITTTTTT

Na but srsly I have seen this shit in action...LHR, flube, and azria all are abusing the fuck out of this OP shit.

Why did staff go to great lengths to nerf PvP tamers then give them all the power right back? What the fuck was the point of that?

you should have seen me comboing that one kid. Had to dismount for a whole 0,5 sec for my mare to firebreath him from 1 1/2 screens away.

The reason they changed some stuff up is that this is how it's supposed to be - minus the bugged all guard me command. I'm not for getting rid of pets in PVP in general, I'm just asking for a balanced and leveled playing field.

Pandone

Grandmaster
you got skill tamer got 40mil investment + fs scroll and all guard to sudden kill you 1v1. it's all about groups and $ from the start of the shard. next qq will be about maxxed meta dexxer and always from explopots stunner users that seems actives because spend more time on the forums

K A Z

Grandmaster
you got skill tamer got 40mil investment + fs scroll and all guard to sudden kill you 1v1. it's all about groups and $ from the start of the shard. next qq will be about maxxed meta dexxer and always from explopots stunner users that seems actives because spend more time on the forums

thanks for your input, I didn't get a thing.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
The problem with tamers isnt people like azria or flubes riding a nightmare and using skill to kill someone.... its when someone sits there with 2 dragons and spams all guard me knowing they become invincible.

Fattson

Grandmaster
The problem with tamers isnt people like azria or flubes riding a nightmare and using skill to kill someone.... its when someone sits there with 2 dragons and spams all guard me knowing they become invincible.
You can't change the art files to improve visibility?

manolo

Adept
My view is that tamers using nightmares can add balanced variety to viable PVP templates if the changes suggested by Kazzyboy are implemented. But as GluttonySDS pointed out, completely relying on multiple pets for offensive purposes (see $ and LORE guilds) is another prevalent issue that should be addressed. Currently the damage output of two trained dragons against players is ridiculous and it could be significantly decreased without rendering tamers defenceless.

Pandone

Grandmaster
i usually go out to fight groups of people and their dobermann and rottweiler in small rooms and i win IRL

bradley-

Grandmaster
Someone explain to me why 1 person should be able to kill a player, a dragon, and a nightmare by him/herself. Tamers are not invincible in PvP but if you want to fight them 1v1 then you're probably going to die. Have any PKs tried running into spawn so that the tamer's pets are busy? Have y'all tried to get more people? Have you tried running around with a bard in your PK group? EQMS kills my tamer all the time because they aren't stupid enough to fight me 1v1 when I have my dragon and nightmare. )$( kills me too cause they are smart enough to get a tamer on my dragons and then attack me.

Stop crying for nerfs and play smart.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
Someone explain to me why 1 person should be able to kill a player, a dragon, and a nightmare by him/herself. Tamers are not invincible in PvP but if you want to fight them 1v1 then you're probably going to die. Have any PKs tried running into spawn so that the tamer's pets are busy? Have y'all tried to get more people? Have you tried running around with a bard in your PK group? EQMS kills my tamer all the time because they aren't stupid enough to fight me 1v1 when I have my dragon and nightmare. )$( kills me too cause they are smart enough to get a tamer on my dragons and then attack me.

Stop crying for nerfs and play smart.

EQMS IS LOSING SO MANY FIGHTS RECENTLY thats y they crying for nerf !

iSNT IT SIMPLE ?

Almost every thread made by glutt is crying for TAMER NERFS !

LAWL !

THEY R HORRIBLE IN PVP THATS FOR SURE !

5$ WIPE OUT 17 EQMS simply tells u how shitty they r !

lawl !

UOF WORST DEFEAT I BET !