"Level up" other tameable creatures to be as strong as a dragon.

jebra

Master
This suggestion is about allowing tamers to “level up” other tameable creatures with the max “level” or “phase” giving the creature the exact stats, skills and pet slots of a dragon.

The point of this suggestion is to give more of a variety of pets at GM taming in terms of looks, NOT strength or ability. For example, I think it would be pretty cool to use two scorpions (one with the exact stats, skills, and pet slots of a dragon, and the other the same as a White Wyrm) instead of my usual WW/dragon combo. This doesn't have to include ALL tameables but maybe some? Personally I'd want scorpions, swamp dragons, nightmares, white wyrms to be on the list.

I don't exactly know the best way to implement something like this, whether it's through your pet gaining experience by killing things similar to metas, or some kind of breeding system.

Here are some general ideas for the different “levels” or “phases” of the pets:
  • The last phase would be equal to a dragon in stats, skill and pet slots, including the flame breath.
  • Second to last phase would be equal to a White Wyrm.
  • Third to last phase a Nightmare
  • I don't know what the lower phases should be.
  • Once the pet reaches a certain phase, it becomes exactly like the creature that represents that stage. So a swamp dragon in the “white wyrm” stage will not be rideable and cannot have armor, and a scorpion would loose its poisoning ability (but still have poisoning through magery like a WW).
  • The tamer should have the option to prevent the creature from leveling any further while still killing mobs. This would allow the tamer to have a max phase pet, while still having one at the “white wyrm” phase so they can be used together.
  • The creatures retain their exact look from when they were tamed, or at least have the option to retain the look.
Again, I don't know if leveling the pet would be best done through killing things or some kind of breeding system, but I don't think it should take as long to get a pet to the “dragon phase” as it takes to level a meta pet to stage 7 since, in the end, the pet would only be as strong as a dragon.

Last edited by a moderator: