Lord Oaks cave still being exploited

epktres

Novice
I noticed a while back that the cave at the lord oaks spawn was sealed off, I assume this was to stop people from using the cave to cast EQ without fear of the mobs retaliating. Today during the oaks spawn I noticed a lot of the spawn gathering near the mouth of the cave. I got close and was given a notice that I was being attacked by someone (not sure if I should post name). Apparently some people have runes to inside the cave and are still able to exploit this bug.
I decided to stay near the mouth of the cave so that the guy inside would kill me if he cast and I could count him. There were a total of 3 people in there, and one was a red. He was able to attack me, and since I have no magery, I was unable to attack back. Pretty sure this is not working as intended. At one point when it was just the two blues they actually had the balls to send one out and heal me, so the one staying inside wouldn't kill me and take a count. I paged a gm and he did kick them out of the cave, but nothing was actually fixed. To top it off, one of them ended up with high score and got a PS out of it, basically a reward for cheating.
A lot of us worked hard to get that champ up, and its a bit disappointing that people can exploit a bug and grab PS's. I'm sure they will say they didn't know it was an exploit, but the cave was blocked for a reason.. Is there any way we could get this fixed?

Thanks