Moongate - Player Vendor Malls

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
I don't think this has ever been suggested.. if so - I apologize for making a new thread than.

What I was wondering about was... what is the likelihood of a "vendor moongate" being implemented into the game? In order for someones vendor mall to be eligible to being added to it - they would have to donate "X" US dollars or "X" gold in-game to get listed.

A lot of shop owners I am sure would love to take advantage of an opportunity like that.
- I think it would be easy to implement into the game
- I do not think it could cause any problem(s) with the mechanics of the game itself.
- It would serve as another revenue stream for the shard to collect donations to help fund it or serve as a gold sink.
- Some people would be interested in this.. but not everyone - thus, people gating at WBB would still be going on and would not be "non-existant"

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nanashi

Grandmaster
What if it where free and all you had to do was add your vendor or House plot onto the list? Maybe have a charter that opens up at a bank to see the list of available vendors on the entire server as well as a way to recall or gate. Also have a list or amount of profit a character was making there or description box to added available info on their current wares.

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
Free would be even better .. for the players. However, I think it would give staff more of an incentive to implement this idea - if players either had to pay gold or make a donation to the shard.

Geriatric

Expert
my elaboration,
the way ive seen this done on quite a few other shards just looks messy and tacky and id hate to see it implemented here

i like the randomness of running around and can be in the middle of nowhere and find a vendor with some decent shit on them
i have about 6 vendors running currently with recall scrolls at various prices based on the location of the vendors

would create a hell of alot of competition would force the prices down
and i for one dont want people to know how much money i make off my vendors
its not their business

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
ive seen this done on quite a few other shards just looks messy and tacky

I am not really sure how this can look tacky and messy..? Especially if it is not going to be a concept that is used to even half of the player base.

i like the randomness of running around and can be in the middle of nowhere and find a vendor with some decent shit on them

I am not really sure how this concept would take away from the availability of decent items being available at vendor malls for purchase? Sure some shop keepers do not stock their vendors often - but that's regardless and its their loss and other shop keepers gain.

would create a hell of alot of competition would force the prices down

I cannot see there being a lot of competiton with this... its not like the majority of the player base would have a moongate to their vendorshop.

i for one dont want people to know how much money i make off my vendors
its not their business

How exactly would people know how much profit you make off of your vendors...? Sure everyone knows how much someone charges for their item that they are selling... but that buyer does not know how much the cost was for the seller to acquire it.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
mm not sure about this idea only because it would either need gms constant attention, lest be a greif tool. For example, whos to say i dont use it to send people right into a trap? :D

the fact that it's a gm made gate would give people a false sense of security.

best off people just stick to shopping smart, at the yew bank mall. from the safety of guardzone

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
it could be a GM made gate that is only set up by them, so it cant be used to grief people ... I can only imagine where the gates would lead to, if people set it up themselves :D

When the gate is clicked on at your mall, it could show you other malls that are listed on the moongate as well. it wouldn't be anything crazy like 20+ malls.. it would def have to have a limit.

Also, if someone is "in combat" - it should be set up where you cant use it - until you are out of combat !

edw3rdwood

Grandmaster
I think this would just enable the rich to get richer, and the poor to get even poorer/more obscure. As it stands now whoever keeps the best vendors/consistently puts in the work to gate to their vendor will generate the most gold. If this idea was implemented, it is basically un-attended promotion for your vendor available to premium buyers only. I do like the aesthetics of the idea (just keep a vendor runebook like I do with all your favorite shops), but on a game mechanic level it wouldn't work.

Something similar, like a rotating "Vendor of the week" Top 10 list could be cool, if there was some sort of contest involved to get your vendor on the list for that week. Maybe different ways to get on the list that would appeal to all types of players; for example, one slot for the CTF winner of the week, one slot for the person with the most heads collected in PvP, one slot for most damage done to champ spawns that week, etc etc, so no matter how you play you could have a shot at having your vendor promoted.