New Asus, pinging in1000-2000/ 35-99

Matty G

Grandmaster
I have no idea what is going on, I just bought a brand new ASUS G20 PC and have literally only downloaded uoforever so far. It worked amazingly for about 2 weeks and randomly on Halloween I started lagging insanely bad. Starting pinging and it would use 5 packets, and they would start at like 1400 , 1733, 98, 101, 55. And consistently very high and low. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything. The lag happened on both razor and steam (I always like to use steam but just wanted to check}. And finally, have been using my old mac laptop to play and it never pings much more than 100 on the exact same network. Have tried direct Ethernet connection which says its running at 72mps, and wifi which is in the 60's. I have no idea what could be causing this. I would love the help! Please someone shine some light on this problem for me. Thanks so much!

halygon

Grandmaster
I had an issue similar to this with my pc. It turned out that I had software running in the background that was hogging my cpu and network card. I don't remember what the software was though, sorry.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
Good point, did you go through and remove the bloatware?

if you need help with this I can work with you this evening.

also if you don't have it already I can help set you up with good antivirus, adware, and optimization software.

Matty G

Grandmaster
Thanks calsider, Ill be on TS and I really could use the help. I installed Webroot that I got as a good (so i hope) antiiviris. But Yeah we will talk my friend!

Matty G

Grandmaster
well I thnk I literally just fixed it a minute ago. This may be PC 101 now day but ive been a mac guy. Had to close some programs through task manager and uninstall MacAfee and it seems to be pinging in the 30-90. I pray this isn't just a fluke lol

Young Star

Grandmaster
Some new computers have a bunch of updates that kick off for all the pre-installed software. After all of that stuff gets finished it should get better. Even better if you can get all the un-necessary programs uninstalled. Only tricky thing with that is knowing what you may actually want to keep and what to trash, especially if you haven't had a PC in a while.

ProdigyOsi

Grandmaster
Yes, when you buy a pre-constructed PC it is full of "free" software. Most of which is neither free nor useful and in some cases they can effect performance.

The first thing I do when I get/work on one of these is uninstall everything (that I don't recognize as a valid program), then install my proffered antivirus, web browser, and optimization tools.

Matty G

Grandmaster
I am guessing there has to be a few more programs that need deleting. Theres like 150 fucking programs running at once. The pc usage and all that isnt high much but like i said, it went from pinging in the 1300s all the time, to about every 30 secs it will do it for maybe 2 secs. Which is way better but still sucks. And it still is stupid how this computer worked amazing for a couple weeks and then something musta got activated on halloween cuz thats when my new comp started laggin like crazy