New Dungeon Type

Tydeus

Master
I would enjoy hunting more if there were solo PKs looking to fight you. I was a solo PK when I used to farm dungeons and that was something that made it more interesting. I'd sometimes bring a PK in to clear out whoever was using the same dungeon as me, and people would do the same to me at times. It would just be two PvM'ers fighting over a dungeon PvP style, which is a valid part of the game. If I could fight solo PKs while hunting, I would go hunting more often.

Perhaps a new dungeon that only allows two unique IPs to join the dungeon would work. Perhaps with some random spawns so you never know exactly what you're up against as to make it more interesting. After 20 mins each IP will have all of their characters kicked out of the dungeon. To join the dungeon you will join a queue that is also IP based, so that people will not queue up the spots on all of their PKs or PvM chars. Players will be prompted to join the dungeon when it is their turn in line for up to 1 minute, after which they lose their spot. The dungeon kick-out timer once you're in can also be random within 15-25 mins.

Once someone recalls out with all of their chars (usually just 1 PvM char), they will have 1 minute to re-join the dungeon or else they are kicked out until their next queue.

This will either make two PvM fans happy as they share the dungeon together, or it will make a PK happy as they are invisibly teleported into the same dungeon as you, in similar way as to how the moongates work. It will also make someone who likes to duel in the field happy, as they can recall in on their PvP char and fight back.

This will stop those ganks you'd rather not run into, while at the same time not harming the use of the other dungeons and the ganks that happen there, because this dungeon will only have a 2 IP limit and can only be farmed for 15-25 mins at a time until your next queue.

A solo PK can sneak in and wait it out for 15-25mins looking for a victim and that is one of the risks. Two PKs could also be in the same queue and fight each other.

This would up the market for high-end magic and runic armors + weapons. You will no longer have the risk of getting ganked with it on while using this dungeon, making it more appealing to use. If you lose it in a duel or to a solo PK, that is more than fair. But no cheap tactics such as "zerging" will cause you to lose valuables while in this dungeon. It would encourage solo PvP and real fights that do not involve zerging. The catch being that you can only play this dungeon so many times a day depending on how many other players queue up a spot to join.

Last edited by a moderator: